Attachment Parenting
Options

Maya Wrap?

Hi Everyone, My DH and I are expecting our LO in September of this year. We already have a baby carrier from my sister I cannot remember the name of the carrier but we are looking into a sling.. something that we can throw into the diaper bag and use whenever we need... I have been looking in to the Moby and the Maya ring sling.. I like the Maya one since its a lot easier to use at the last minute from what I have seen. 
My question is what size is best? My DH is 6'2 and I am 5'8 almost 5'9 I was thinking of the large size but now I am not so sure... I guess the best option would to wait until the end of June when we go shopping for baby stuff. (We live in the north and do not have access to stores - Hence the reason we will be doing all of our shopping in June when we go down south) 
Any Advice would be appreciated! 
Thank you! 

Re: Maya Wrap?

• Options
    ncbellencbelle member
    Sizing isn't super important with ring slings - in general, going with your shirt size is a safe bet.  If you get a larger sling you'll just have a longer tail (or if you get a smaller one, a shorter tail).  If you hubby plans to use it, his shirt/chest size matters more than his height.  If he is really broad, you probably want the large (which would be fine for you but just have a longer tail). 
  • Options
    Thank you so much! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a medium and the tail is really long!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really love my maya sling. It was especially useful at home and for quick trips. Also, there was a point where my daughter seemed to feel uncomfortable in my boba carrier with her feet in froggy position and we switched primarily to our sling until she was old enough to be in the boba with her legs out. I also got it because it was on the cheaper side of slings and we are still using it now and she is 16 months. We got a size medium as well.

• Options
    How long is the sling material for the medium? I was thinking of the Large because of the size but now I'm second guessing myself! perhaps if someone could give me the measurement of the sling length? It might help. 
    Thanks again!  
  • Options
    Really long. I can measure if you want but I'm 5"7' or so and especially with a newborn I'm pretty sure a large would drag on the ground.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi @Rrrrrachel‌, if you could it would help. I'm more of a visual person... so do you have the medium?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Yeah I have the medium. Il try to do it today if I get a chance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"