January 2015 Moms

****New? Click here first!!****

WillCMyInkWillCMyInk member
edited May 2014 in January 2015 Moms
Welcome to January 2015!

We've created a blog to get everyone off on the right foot! In the blog you'll find help with creating your signature, a listing of acronyms that you will see often, a listing of due dates and a memorial for all of the Angel Babies that left us too soon.

Click here to visit our blog!

Please PM @WillCMyInk , @YaMrWhite OR @Muskiefan07 if you have any questions about the blog. 

If you would like your information to be added to the blog, please use the Spreadsheet thread pinned below this one. Be sure to check the blog to see if you're already on there before requesting to be added.

Flagging Guidelines

So, what's up with the "flag" button?

All members will have the ability to report posts that will now come directly to both moderator and admin attention. Keep in mind that TB will review and take appropriate actions. This flagging option is NOT to be used as a “dislike” button or on posts that may disagree with you, etc.

The Bump will keep records of all reported posts and handle abusers of this flagging privilege individually.

In addition to flagged posts, we will continue to address any violations of our Community Rules. Review them here.

What should I flag?:

Spam- Any posts advertising services

Harassment- If you feel a user is harassing a member to an extreme level.

Online Vandalism- Posts designed to raise a user’s post count.

Personal Information- Any post where a person’s personal information is being given without their consent. This includes name, telephone number, address, email address, work information, etc.

Impersonating Other Members/The Bump Employees- Any user name designed to be a copy of another user’s name or Knot Employee.

An obvious violation of the Community Rules should also be flagged:  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/blogs/nest_baby_editors/pages/the-bump-community-rules.aspx

Last but not least, feel free to check out our Jan15 chat room! This is a good way to get to know ladies outside of the topics posted on the boards.

Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

Re: ****New? Click here first!!****

• Done!
    You're the best!
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched

• Done!

You're the best!

Ditto! Thank you!
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • If anyone notices anything missing, or can think of other suggestions or wants to see ANYTHING else on the blog please feel free to toss out suggestions!

• ZoebotZoebot member
    Looks awesome - thank you ladies!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So, I added the chat link to the main post as well as the blog. At first I was kind of weirded out about adding the chat link to the blog, but I guess it's the same as adding it to the board.

• Looks great! Thanks for doing this girls!
  • Looks awesome! Thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
                  BFP April 28, 2014   EDD Jan 6, 2015       
                                                    Fur Babies: Mack, Bahamut, and Iwo Jima                                                        

• Awesome job ladies!!!! Thanks :-)

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • The blog looks amazing! Shit's legit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is awesome!

I do have one question though. Is anyone going to run the PgAL weekly check-in?
    I assumed anyone that has had a loss could start the thread each week kind of how anyone started the 2WW thread in TTGP. 
  • Hi

I am new here and found out yesterday im pregnant.  Happy and Scared at the same time. 
  • ACH831 said:
    I am having the hardest time figuring out how to set up my signature/ticker so that it shows when I comment in a forum.  Can anyone help?
    Have you read the siggy help section in the blog?
  • letsgoxletsgox member
    You are awesome @ScrappyLika‌ :)

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• You are awesome @ScrappyLika‌ :)
    I concur.  I also thought I was on the wrong board for a moment, haha.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • MumaCatMumaCat member
    Hi
    It's my first pregnancy too! Congrats!
    I'm also scared, but excited. When are you due?
  • Will do! Do all the birth months have awesome type A ladies with spreadsheets and a separate blog or did I just luck out with my January '15 due date?!?! Thanks
    This signature is all for YOU. I'm on mobile and can't see crap.
    MMC EDD: 1/5/2015  D&C: 5/31/14
    MC    EDD: 4/21/15 Lost: 8/24/14
    BFP for my Rainbow!! 11/6/14
    EDD: 7/20/15

• letsgoxletsgox member
    jconno said:

The chat room link in this thread is still the old one.

The one in the actual blog is correct.

I fixed the blog yesterday -- not sure how to get the new link in if I didn't post this originally.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

• I'll change the one in this post. I'm grabbing the correct link from the blog.

• We need an FAQ page. I'm soooooo sick of reading "Oh my god! I'm cramping! Is this normal? I mean, it hurts!"
    Great idea!
  • Also, can we add the flagging guidelines to the thread? 

Flagging Guidelines (Copied this over from TTGP)

So, what's up with the "flag" button?

All members will have the ability to report posts that will now come directly to both moderator and admin attention. Keep in mind that TB will review and take appropriate actions. This flagging option is NOT to be used as a “dislike” button or on posts that may disagree with you, etc.

The Bump will keep records of all reported posts and handle abusers of this flagging privilege individually.

In addition to flagged posts, we will continue to address any violations of our Community Rules. Review them here.

What should I flag?:

Spam- Any posts advertising services

Harassment- If you feel a user is harassing a member to an extreme level.

Online Vandalism- Posts designed to raise a user’s post count.

Personal Information- Any post where a person’s personal information is being given without their consent. This includes name, telephone number, address, email address, work information, etc.

Impersonating Other Members/The Bump Employees- Any user name designed to be a copy of another user’s name or Knot Employee.

An obvious violation of the Community Rules should also be flagged:  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/blogs/nest_baby_editors/pages/the-bump-community-rules.aspx

• @sassymommac I added it to the blog but I really do wonder how many bumpies actually click on the link.
  • @SassyMommaC @YaMrWhite - I like the idea of an FAQ, but I also totally dislike the idea of giving "medical advice" on the internet. God forbid someone does have spotting or cramping that really IS something and then look back at us and be like, "BUT YOU SAID IT WAS OKAY!!"

I'll go ahead and add the flagging guidelines to the main post too :)

• @SassyMommaC @YaMrWhite - I like the idea of an FAQ, but I also totally dislike the idea of giving "medical advice" on the internet. God forbid someone does have spotting or cramping that really IS something and then look back at us and be like, "BUT YOU SAID IT WAS OKAY!!"

I'll go ahead and add the flagging guidelines to the main post too :)

Good point. We do have the medical disclaimer in the blog too right?
  • @YaMrWhite I put a medical disclaimer on the welcome page. It says that as a general rule we're not medical professionals (and if there are nurses, that's a different story) and told them to not look to internet strangers for advice and call their doc if they're really worried.

@SassyMommaC I'm with you on the miscarriage thing - absolutely nothing can be done at this point so there's no use in stressing. Maybe we can put that somewhere? or is that bitchy?

• @WillCMyInk‌ I think it could be considered bitchy, but I believe people should be told the truth, even if it is something they think they'd rather be blind to.
    Tough love. 
  • @YaMrWhite‌ yeah, I'm kind of a jerk. I just hate that women are lied to so much about their bodies.
    Not a jerk. Nobody should be here to be coddled. 
  • letsgoxletsgox member
    Re-post from another thread:
    FYI I posted a thread where people can share their announcements. We will have to keep it bumped until someone can make it sticky. (Who can do that?)

• Re-post from another thread:
    FYI I posted a thread where people can share their announcements. We will have to keep it bumped until someone can make it sticky. (Who can do that?)

GREAT idea.
  • WillCMyInkWillCMyInk member
    edited May 2014
    @muskiefan07 One of the mods from TTGP can help. I used DarcyHermione to get this one pinned. If you just tag her in that thread and ask her to pin it I'm sure she'll help out :)

• letsgoxletsgox member
    Thanks @WillCMyInk‌!

Paging @DarcyHermione‌! Can you make the "Post Your Pregnancy Announcements Here" thread sticky for us?

• letsgoxletsgox member
    Thanks @WillCMyInk‌! Paging @DarcyHermione‌! Can you make the "Post Your Pregnancy Announcements Here" thread sticky for us?
    Got it, @muskiefan07!
    Thanks so much!

• melsnermelsner member
    Fantastic Blog!
    Aug '15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV: Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development

Married 3/31/2012
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    BFP #1 5.09.2014
    Natural MC 07.09.2014
    BFP #2 12.15.2014
    Stay With Me Precious Sticky Bean! I Love You!
                       BabyFruit Ticker
  • The blog IS awesome!
  • I click on it praying it's something else. It's not. DOH. Shame on me. 
  • @muskiefan07 I like this note idea...the question is will anyone read it?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"