January 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone already decide on a name?

I love thinking about baby names, and good combinations of names. If we have a boy, his name will be Edward James, nn Teddy. We are still way up in the air if it's a girl, so maybe some of your names will inspire me!

Let's hear everybody's names or name contenders!

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"

Re: Anyone already decide on a name?

• Options
    I have a very strong feeling it's a boy. The current favorite name is Dean Andrew. For a girl (seems so unlikely!) my current favorite names are Sabrina, Paige, Hillary and Cara.
  • Options
    These are totally unofficial but I like Avery or Delilah for a girl and have no idea what I'd do for boy names...even though I really really really want a boy. LOL.
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are not remotely close to choosing. I don't think we're finding out the sex, so that makes it even more tough.  If it's a girl, we will struggle because we actually have TOO many names we both love. It'll be hard to narrow it down.  And a boy will be hard for the opposite- we don't have many we love.

But we're not close and probably won't be for awhile.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    We are not remotely close to choosing. I don't think we're finding out the sex, so that makes it even more tough.  If it's a girl, we will struggle because we actually have TOO many names we both love. It'll be hard to narrow it down.  And a boy will be hard for the opposite- we don't have many we love.

But we're not close and probably won't be for awhile.
    I think Norah is the front runner for our girl name.  I'm having the same issue with the boy names.  I'm Hispanic (DH is not) so I'd like to incorporate my background into the name as well so that complicates things further.  We aren't finding out either.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Girl name is either Lily Harper/Cecilia Harper (after my grandmom)/Lucille (nickname Lucy) Harper.

Boy name is still undecided and has always given us trouble. Middle name is Ambrose (family name on DH's side). 
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    DH and I had the hardest time agreeing on names for DS. He had ultimate naming rights for him, so I get final say this round. We throw out ideas every now and then but definitely don't have front runners or even had a serious discussion about it yet. We will seriously think about names once we know the sex.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 9/27/13 - Natural MC 10/6/13
    April 2014 IUI #1 - Femara + Ovidrel + Crinone = BFP! EDD 1/1/15

• Options
    edited April 2014
    For a girl we've decided on Aria Jean (Jean is my grandmother's middle name, so that will be used no matter what)

If it's a boy.... we have no clue! We used up the name we liked on our first son.  So far I'm liking the names Adam or Connor...maybe Nathaniel for a middle name.  But nothing is even close to set in stone yet.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    We do have names picked out already. It will be Lilly if it is a girl and Robert if it is a boy. My husband is a Robert and so is his dad so it will be a third. Really hoping for a girl as there are three generations of boys in this family, only girls have been married in. They need a little Lilly in their lives! And, I've loved that name since high school so I hope I get to use it :).
  • Options
    Harper Raegan for a girl and Aiden James Edward (having a 2nd middle name if it's a boy after my dad that passed away).  I think I need a cheat sheet to understand all of the lingo in these forums..."DH" "DS" "DD"....I have no idea what they all mean:)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    DH= dear husband. DS= dear son. DD= dear daughter. And don't worry I had to google to see what it meant since I am new to this too.
  • Options
    Hahah, thanks ayachanin!!  I figured it had to do something with Husband...but couldn't figure out what the "d" part was!  Glad I wasn't the only one out of the loop!  Should  have known to just google it!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Is anyone planning on waiting until kiddo is born to choose name?
    H mentioned this last night.. he kinda wants to do this.  Go with a small list and make final decision once we see him/her.  I said that's probably a good option because I think it will take us THAT long to decide, anyway.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    So far for a boy my husband and I have decided on Ellis, after his father. And for a girl, Nisser (pronounced Neesah). It's the Danish name for elves, fairies and sprites. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• Options
    So funny that some people find boy names easier, and some find girl names easier. I definitely have an easier time with boy names. @MusicFanatic‌ I think that's a really sweet idea, to choose the name that "fits" when you meet your baby. I don't know if I could hold out that long--I like to have things decided.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options
    Is anyone planning on waiting until kiddo is born to choose name?
    H mentioned this last night.. he kinda wants to do this.  Go with a small list and make final decision once we see him/her.  I said that's probably a good option because I think it will take us THAT long to decide, anyway.
    My parents couldn't decide on a name for my lil bro when he was born.  Apparently it took the nurse threatening to put baby as the first name on the birth certificate for them to decide haha.

As for us we haven't even started thinking of names.  We will be using family names for MN though so that will be easy enough.
  • Options
    It's our second, so we have kind of had the name conversation already as we planned for the first baby.

Virginia Jane is our girls name and we knew that from last time. Oliver Jennings is our boys choice this time around. All of the names, first and last, are family names from both sides. 
    6-12-10 Married
    8-9-10 MC
    8-9-11 DS
    4-24-14 BFP, EDD Jan 1

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    motherboy said:
    So funny that some people find boy names easier, and some find girl names easier. I definitely have an easier time with boy names. @MusicFanatic‌ I think that's a really sweet idea, to choose the name that "fits" when you meet your baby. I don't know if I could hold out that long--I like to have things decided.
    I'm with you! I like to have a plan ;) 
    6-12-10 Married
    8-9-10 MC
    8-9-11 DS
    4-24-14 BFP, EDD Jan 1

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    If it's a boy it will be Joseph . If it's a girl we are torn between Gabriella, Olivia, Julianna, Lauren, and Madison. Middle name will be Grayce
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

AJ - 9.29.11 <3 .        Joey due 01/03/2015 .
    diagnosed with velamentous cord insertion @ 19 weeks with baby #2
  • Options
    For the boys it is a toss up between Lucas Walker or Samuel Micheal.
    My favorite girl name right now is Emma Marie but I also like Paige Elizabeth.
    I feel like this one is a little girl... not sure how I "know" but that is the feeling I get.
  • Options
    We have never discussed baby names before, I don't know why...maybe we didn't want to jinx ourselves? I have always wanted to use Elinor as a girl's middle name after my grandmother. I like using a family name somewhere in a child's name. I do think we will wait to decide on a name until he/she is born..or at least not tell anyone to hopefully save us from some opinions.
    TTC Since 11/13
    BFP 4/26/14 EDD 1/1/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We don't have a boy name but I love Charlotte Willow for a girl
  • Options
    I feel like my names should be on the FFFC thread. We do "K" names, it's a DH family tradition that I was fine with following. This time around I like Koraline (nn Kora) and Kohen. We are team green though so according to DH I will change my mind 600 times before then :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Over the weekend, I suspected I was pregnant (confirmed yesterday!) so I sat down with my husband so we could throw some names around. We've known about the girls name for a long time but we were struggling with boy names. We finally picked out the perfect name before I told him I am pregnant!

Samantha Valentina/Noah Constantine

Good luck!

• Options
    ayachanin said:

DH= dear husband. DS= dear son. DD= dear daughter. And don't worry I had to google to see what it meant since I am new to this too.

At some point in your pregnancy the dear in DH, can also be interchangeable with dumb ;)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AnnaRose Charlotte or JohnCole Allen!
  • Options

For the boys it is a toss up between Lucas Walker or Samuel Micheal.
    My favorite girl name right now is Emma Marie but I also like Paige Elizabeth.
    I feel like this one is a little girl... not sure how I "know" but that is the feeling I get.

My name is Elizabeth Marie! My daughters name is Paige Kaylin:)
  • Options
    We decided on names months ago, way before we were even trying to get pregnant. For a boy it will be Haydon James (after our grandfathers) and if it's a girl it will be Laila Grace (after no one in particular, ha ha).
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We won't really discuss until we know the sex. DH and I do not like the same names at all, so we'll wait to narrow down what to fight over. Lol We never decide for sure until baby is born.

• Options
    At some point in your pregnancy the dear in DH, can also be interchangeable with dumb ;)
    Nope. At any point... EVER, this could be the case! ;)
    Good point!! ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We decided on names the first month we were TTC.

Boy: Stone Walton
    Girl: Hudson Lynn

All are family names in some way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I really like Norah for a girl....i'm not sure for a boy or any mn yet....i'm being "cautiously optimistic" at this point ...not trying to think too far ahead just yet :) 
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Options

We picked out names almost a year ago before we were even trying.  We are both big into family and heritage.  DH really really wanted a polish name for the first born.

BOY: Theophil Edmond (His Grandafather) (My Grandfather), both immigrants who had to start new lives in the States, I like the strong background the name brings.

Girl: Victoria Jeanne (A name we just really liked) (My Grandmother)

• Options
    letsgoxletsgox member
    We were team green with C so we have our boy name chosen (FN only). Gregory after my dad. NN Rory.

We can't agree on a girl name so far, but we have plenty of time.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    Lol so since this has been posted and DH started talking about it we now tentatively have Kenzie Mae or Colton James.
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options
    Forced DH into liking Julian for a boy so now we have a boy name in case its a boy. One less thing I have to worry about for the next 9 months.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    luvtakestaimeluvtakestaime member
    edited May 2014
    DH and I have had names picked out from before we were engaged. We are BIG on our children having names that mean something important. When we were TTC, he changed up the game. We both like Landrie (land ruler), but he would want her middle name to be Jon (his name is Jon). I'm trying to convince him to pick a more feminine middle name to pair with the unisex first name, but he feels that we won't have any sons. He also likes the name Louise (famous warrior), thanks to Bob's Burgers. I suggested it, but I never thought he would actually like it. I'm not really feeling it anymore because it's dated. I guess those names are starting to come back, though. As for boys, we've agreed to use either Solomon Kamau (wise, silent warrior) or Kheiron Dax (leader who is skilled with his hands. Also, the centaur/Greek mythology reference is a bit important to DH).

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    letsgoxletsgox member
    @luvtakestaime‌ I love your bump name. Very clever!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    Don't even try to figure out my husband's reasoning, as you will be left confused. My husband is weirdly superstitious (I am not...at all). He's been having dreams about us having girls since before we TTC. I also suggested that he gives our son Jon as a middle name, if it's a boy. He likes the other middle names better. His reasoning is all weird. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    DD1 is names Peyton so I'm kind of wanting to keep "P" names going. For a girl we really like Paige Rylee, but for a boy we're undecided. So far we like Parker, Preston, Presley, and Paxton. The middle name will be Scott after my DH's middle name and his father's first name. What "p" boy name do you guys think?
    Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    for a boy we are going for Joseph Christopher... "Baby Joey" 

we haven't decided if it's a girl.. right now we are in love with the name Ella but want a "fuller" name. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

AJ - 9.29.11 <3 .        Joey due 01/03/2015 .
    diagnosed with velamentous cord insertion @ 19 weeks with baby #2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"