January 2014 Moms
Options

Last night (vent)

2U2 or 2U1 moms, you guys have my utmost respect. My SIL came home with her baby last night and now we have 2 babies under 4 months in the house.
The night goes with my SIL being absolutely exhausted from labor and the hospital stay the night before so she tapped out. (Our hospital here doesn't allow husbands or SO to stay over night so she was up by herself taking care of LO) DD woke up at 3 and decided that last night would be the night to party and my niece slept all day and couldn't sleep since 11 pm. It ended up with my MIL and I tagging team both babies. I carried/bottle-fed my niece while MIL played with DD and switched babies when DD became hungry. DD finally fell asleep at 5, but woke up to the sounds of a newborn crying so we were up. again. Both babies finally called it a night at 6..
Anyone else's night quite exhausting? Thank you for letting me vent and those moms with 2U2 or 1, total respect.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Last night (vent)

• Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    I'm sorry you had such a rough night! I can't imagine how those moms with 2U2 or 2U1 or twin moms do it!

• Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    6? As in 6 this fricking morning?!! -.- oh girl u better stay absinent! Haha. I hope you have a quiet day.
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    (Our hospital here doesn't allow husbands or SO to stay over night so she was up by herself taking care of LO)
    WTF?!
  • Options
    Why on earth are you taking care of your SIL's baby? I understand she's tired, but so what?

This post is all sorts of strange to me.
  • Options
    Labour and delivery is tiring, but I couldn't imagine passing off my two day old to family for a whole night?  Unless there was a medical reason, which would likely mean I would still be in the hospital.  
    With DS1 I had a c/s in the morning and that same night I spent 6 hours waking the halls holding/nursing him while pushing his IV pole.  That was what I had to do to keep my baby happy so I was fine with doing it.  

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CopperT0p said:

Labour and delivery is tiring, but I couldn't imagine passing off my two day old to family for a whole night?  Unless there was a medical reason, which would likely mean I would still be in the hospital.  

With DS1 I had a c/s in the morning and that same night I spent 6 hours waking the halls holding/nursing him while pushing his IV pole.  That was what I had to do to keep my baby happy so I was fine with doing it.  

Exactly! I had a rough recovery from my c/s but was still up every 2-3 hrs. And whatever I couldn't do, my husband did.
  • Options
    esd said:
    Why on earth are you taking care of your SIL's baby? I understand she's tired, but so what?

Ditto. I do find it odd that your SIL isn't taking care of her own baby....and where is her DH? But yes as a 2u2 mom, it can be exhausting.
    Another one who is also wondering where SIL or her H was all night.

• Options
    @peanutmuse The whole night was strange. SIL was took care of her LO until 3 and just so happens DD woke up at that time. Knowing how exhausting the first night back home is, I volunteered to help since DD was going to be up anyway.
    The hospital sucks balls.
  • Options
    esd said:

Ditto. I do find it odd that your SIL isn't taking care of her own baby....and where is her DH? But yes as a 2u2 mom, it can be exhausting.
    Another one who is also wondering where SIL or her H was all night.

Ditto as well....

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    You guys are gonna side eye and roll your eyes on this one. Her SO was sleeping because he had to work early in the morning.
  • Options

@peanutmuse The whole night was strange. SIL was took care of her LO until 3 and just so happens DD woke up at that time. Knowing how exhausting the first night back home is, I volunteered to help since DD was going to be up anyway.
    The hospital sucks balls.

So was the baby asleep until 3 (meaning SIL was taking care of a sleeping baby) or did the baby not sleep for a while before 3 and just kept not sleeping till 6? That would definitely make a difference in things. I interpreted your OP as meaning SIL slept the whole night.

But still, where is the baby's father in this picture? My mom came over on one day to take care of Brennon for 3 hrs while my husband and I slept. But that was 3 hours... And not in the middle of the night.

• Options

You guys are gonna side eye and roll your eyes on this one. Her SO was sleeping because he had to work early in the morning.

Apparently someone forgot to tell him that he is a father now...
  • Options
    You would be correct.

• Options
    @peanutmuse she hasn't slept since Saturday afternoon because of the hospital ridiculous policy for no overnight guest. Her baby was up since 11 pm last night.
  • Options
    @sugarland726‌ I agree with you completely.
  • Options
    @redsaffron - you are a good SIL for helping out... However her H needs to start becoming an active participant in his baby's life. 
  • Options

Mostly I'm judging her H. Because if he wasn't allowed to stay then he went home. And slept all night. So the very least he could do for his wife and newborn is to be awake and helping to take care of said child since SIL didn't sleep at all. But it sounds like he's fairly self centered still. Let's hope that gets fixed soon.

This^. I don't want to accuse this guy of a lack of participation before it happens, but I don't want to hear about another SO who has never changed a diaper...

@peanutmuse‌ there are actually SOs who have never changed a diaper?
    imageimage

• Options
    lolinshag said:

lmills730 said:

Mostly I'm judging her H. Because if he wasn't allowed to stay then he went home. And slept all night. So the very least he could do for his wife and newborn is to be awake and helping to take care of said child since SIL didn't sleep at all. But it sounds like he's fairly self centered still. Let's hope that gets fixed soon.

This^. I don't want to accuse this guy of a lack of participation before it happens, but I don't want to hear about another SO who has never changed a diaper...
    @peanutmuse‌ there are actually SOs who have never changed a diaper?
    My bil has 3 girls. Never changed a diaper. Well, one. It was on his first DD and a poopy. He proceeded to gag and pretend he was going to barf until his wife finally took over. My DH? I laughed in his face when he tried to pull that shit with me! Here is this trash can. Puke n rally, dude. Puke n rally!

Umm ya, DH didn't have an option.
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"