October 2013 Moms
Options

Hours of sleep

sleepy33sleepy33 member
edited April 2014 in October 2013 Moms
How many hours in a row does your LO sleep?
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Hours of sleep 210 votes

1-2 hours
2% 5 votes
2-3 hours
8% 18 votes
3-4 hours
12% 27 votes
4-5 hours
13% 29 votes
5-6 hours
11% 24 votes
6-7 hours
8% 17 votes
7-8 hours
8% 18 votes
8-11 hours
24% 51 votes
11 hours +
7% 16 votes
SS/Chole
2% 5 votes

Re: Hours of sleep

• Options
    Depends but usually a good 6-7 in a row sometimes less, sometimes more.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    before i answer---night or day?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Her first stretch is usually about 6:30pm to 12:30am then up every 3 hours or so after that.
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jennlin said:
    before i answer---night or day?
    I suppose whichever has the longest stretch of hours? IDK.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    My intention was nighttime sleeping, @jennlin

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Usually about 5-6 hours and then up to eat and back down for another 4-5.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Options
    Oh, fuck, I totally misunderstood this poll and voted wrong. Subtract one 5-6 vote and add one to 3-4 (which is relatively new).

• Options
    Usually 9 then she wakes for bottle then down another 2
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    EmJ&BEmJ&B member
    On a good night, he wakes every 2 hours. Like clockwork. It's freaky.
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• Options
    8 in a row, then nurse and snuggle for another hour or so. She refuses to be put down back into the crib once she wakes up.

• Options
    Every night is different, I am usually guaranteed 1 or 2 hours between his wake ups. His bedtime is at 7pm and wakes up at around 7am. Guaranteed he will wake up half an hour after he goes to bed, and then after that it's a crap shoot. We have had nights where he will sleep till 3 am for first wake up, other nights he's up once before midnight and once after. Lately it's been 3-4 wakings a night. 

• Options
    I said 5-6 I guess that is the most common. On a normal night she will sleep 9 hrs total, from 9pm-6am. She usually wakes up once that can be at 12, 2, 4, or 5.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Options
    Katie619 said:
    He goes to sleep somewhere around 8 and wakes up at exactly 5:24 every single day. Weirdo. So like 9ish hours.
    Wow, that is very precise! :) Mine is very predictable, too, but not down to the minute like that!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    The first part of the night is his longest and he'll sleep for about 5 hours then he's up to eat, then will sleep for another 3 then up to eat again, back to sleep for another 2-3 then up again to eat and sometimes for the day.

Thank goodness for co-sleeping, otherwise I might be dead right now. In fact, I maybe talking to you from the grave. 
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • Options
    I said 5-6. He's down between 8/830 very easily. Then up around 130/2 eats quick back down till 630 eats again and then back down till 8/830am. I'm so happy I can now feed him and lay him down fully awake too. He just talks to himself until he falls back to sleep.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    sleepy33 said:

My intention was nighttime sleeping, @jennlin

3-4hrs overnight. During the day, it's 20ish mins

• Options

Usually about 5-6 hours and then up to eat and back down for another 4-5.

Exactly this

imageimage    

• Options
    I second what @petdocd‌ & @ElleStaxx‌ said!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • Options
    usually 6 hours, nurse and 4 more hours of sleep; 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Usually 9-10. There are exceptions.

• Options
    sorry...you asked. my LO sleeps 12 hours every night. but she doesn't sleep more than two hours throughout the day. :-\"
  • Options
    I usually get 2 - 3 hours. I'm starting to feed oatmeal before bed a getting like 1 less wake up, but I haven't paid attention to time.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    I second what @petdocd‌ & @ElleStaxx‌ said!
    Hey, that's why it's an anonymous poll, man. You don't have to admit it in the comments!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    carawasa said:
    sorry...you asked. my LO sleeps 12 hours every night. but she doesn't sleep more than two hours throughout the day. :-\"
    You mean, more than 2 hours total throughout the day, right? Not like a 2 hour nap.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Usually 7-8 then up to eat and back down for another 2
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    Her newest routine is up every 2hrs, also like clockwork. I think they have little alarm clocks inside them! Haha
  • Options
    It's been all over the place lately. Between being sick, a potential growth spurt, us being inconsistent on the nighttime routine and teething (no teeth yet), he's all over the map.
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:

carawasa said:

You mean, more than 2 hours total throughout the day, right? Not like a 2 hour nap.

right. she fights sleep during the day and really only naps for 1/2 hrs at a time...so she's pretty exhausted by 630/7
  • Options
    DS usually goes to bed around 10:30 and then wakes up around 1 or so then sleeps until 6 or 7 and then he will sleep again until 10 if I stay in bed with him. I hardly even notice anymore, I just roll over and he latches on and I fall back asleep.

• Options
    The last three weeks he has been going to bed between 730 and 9 and waking up at 6 for a bottle and then back to sleep until 730. I put 8-11, and no complaints here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • Options
    carawasa said:
    carawasa said:
    right. she fights sleep during the day and really only naps for 1/2 hrs at a time...so she's pretty exhausted by 630/7
    Oh yeah, we have #samebaby then. #babytwins Does she have to nap on you or can you put her down?

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Usually btwn 8-11. Sometimes he will wake up at 10 and 11pm but I just have to rock him back to sleep

• Options
    Inn2Inn2 member
    5-6 is the new average for the last week, but it changes weekly. I really could have chosen from many categories depending on the week.
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:

carawasa said:

sleepy33 said:

carawasa said:

Oh yeah, we have #samebaby then. #babytwins Does she have to nap on you or can you put her down?

She goes down for a nap in her crib no problem, just doesn't stay asleep
  • Options
    7pm to about 6ish Amos 11 hours though recently he's been waking up around 2 for five minutes and then back to sleep. Dunno if it is night terrors or what. Fights naps though like crazy.
  • Options
    carawasa said:

She goes down for a nap in her crib no problem, just doesn't stay asleep
    Oh, that's good! Mine goes down without a peep in the crib at night, but during the day he says fuck this crib in particular. #Inaponyourchest #yougetnothingdone

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure DD has one of those prize wheels in her crib and spins it to decide how long she'll stay asleep between wake-ups.

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Chrisanna0508Chrisanna0508 member
    edited April 2014
    I think for DS it's a trade off between day and night sleep. One is good and one is not. Right now his nights are he decent, but his naps have been terrible. He has been napping a little better recently though since he started flipping over to sleep on his stomach.
    ETA: autocorrect fail

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Amelia's sleep patterns are anyones guess. Last Friday she went 9 hours, last night she was up 4 times between 9pm and 4am. She keeps me guessing!!
  • Options
    It varies. Last night was a good night and we got 8!! Usually she is up every 4-5 hours though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"