July 2013 Moms
Options

I got pissed! STTN

Just a little vent...

I was chatting with a friend yesterday (she doesn't have children) and I mentioned that LO wakes up 2-3 times per night and so I don't get to sleep 4 hours in a row very often. She said "isn't he too old for that?"... I know she didn't mean to be mean but it sounded like if LO was 'behind' and she has also asked a few times if he is now in a healthy weight range (he is only like 4 pounds above average!! he IS healthy)... 

Why do ppl always have to express their opinion in things they don't know sh!t about?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
*Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

Re: I got pissed! STTN

• Options
    So frustrating. A friend of mine used to be a nanny so she's always telling me things. I just hit the ignore button in my mind and stop listening

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That's a case of "just you wait"

This this this!
    I love the "just you wait" cases. I'm one of the only people in my group of friends to have a baby and I find myself saying that. A LOT.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No offense but if you were chatting with her about it, did you expect her not to respond? For someone who doesn't have children, her response is pretty typical, right or wrong.
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • Options
    @Altima80 I just didn't expect her to say my LO is a bit too old for that... he is 9 months :S I mean, if he was 3 years old I would understand her amazement... 

@danigirl7181 I know! Maybe I'm overreacting :/ she will figure out things in due time
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    @sandraynic‌ i would have been upset too

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lelo2006Lelo2006 member
    edited April 2014
    I don't know, in my experience whether or not people have kids, they still think 9 months is too old to wake up at night. It's annoying. Sorry :(.

ETA: I'm not counting my super awesome interweb friends :)
  • Options
    Without being on the bump I would have no idea that babies still regularly wake up at this age. Both of mine gave up night feedings (except for every now and then for a growth spurt) and started sleeping through the night at 6mo.

People don't talk about it much on FB, and the mom friends I have at playgroup all have good sleepers. So I would never have known otherwise without my exposure to a really broad group of babies here. I don't think that it's common knowledge that some babies still wake up regularly past 6mo. Especially for someone without kids.

In her defence. So you don't clock her next time you see her. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Before kids I would of thought the same thing. After my two...it's a different story.
  • Options
    She doesn't have kids and doesn't know any better... yet.
  • Options
    Rmnam1 said:
    I wish I could think all babies sleep through the night by 9 months. Too bad my own baby wants to prove that theory wrong every single night. I think talking about babies is like talking about pregnancy, people don't know what to say so they end up saying cliche or stupid shit.
    LOL!  =))

• Options
    You are right on, @Rmnam1 - that is so true. FWIW, a good night is 3 wake ups or less here, and we're going on 10 months. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"