August 2013 Moms
Options

Birthday Games

I was curious if anyone had any games/activities planned for the littles?

Right now my plan is to have a kraft paper covered kid-height table where the kids can color on (along with Nicholas & 1st birthday inspired coloring pages).  We're also going to play "Pin the bowtie on Nicholas".  I'm not sure if I need to do anything else to engage them as a group?  We'll have more than 5 kids right around 1 yr old at the party.

I also plan on setting up a kids corner with the ball pit and activity table.  Sound like enough?

Any suggestions? What are you doing?
photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
My baby is ONE!!

Re: Birthday Games

• Options
    RevezRevez member
    We're having a ball pit, bubble station, side walk chalk, a movie playing. That's all I've thought of so far. I think the kids might be too little for organized games, I'm curious what everyone else is doing though.

• Options
    Oooh - that reminds me we'll have a movie playing too as the place has a big projector screen!
    I'd love to do bubbles but the floors of this place are wood and that's just asking for someone to slip :( Too hot to do N's birthday outside in July.
    My baby is ONE!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RevezRevez member
    V&G101808 said:

Oooh - that reminds me we'll have a movie playing too as the place has a big projector screen!
    I'd love to do bubbles but the floors of this place are wood and that's just asking for someone to slip :( Too hot to do N's birthday outside in July.

You could put down an area rug for the bubble station. Just a thought.

• Options
    I think that sounds awesome. I like @Revez idea with the bubble station too. I know you'll be in a nice, rented place, right V&G? So bubbles might not work in your case, but the table lined with paper sounds like a great idea! And pin the bowtie on Nicholas is too cute. 

You guys always have the best ideas. We're on the fence right now about doing his party at a farm or renting out a lean to at a local park. I have two different themes picked out (one for each place) and if we do the farm, we won't do any additional games or anything since they have a sprayground and a petting zoo. If we do the park, I'll definitely steal some ideas from this thread :D

• Options
    We won't have enough kids there to do any sort of games. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Revez said:
    You could put down an area rug for the bubble station. Just a thought.
    You are so smart!!

And as soon as I read this I thought: "You is kind, you is smart, you is important". haha.
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    lkobriantlkobriant member
    edited April 2014
    We'll have a ring toss (yellow hats), a pin the banana on George, and probably some kind of bubble machine set up (since DS LOVES bubbles). I'll also probably keep some George cartoons on for a while since it'll be outside in August and kids need AC. I've been trying to come up with something for the older kids (7/8) but am blank. *if you can't tell we'll be going with Curious George.

• Options
    We have a bubble machine we got from Target for like $12 that was a hit for kids from 6 months to 10 years at DD1's birthday, so we will bust that out.

We are doing a Frozen (in August,) birthday theme, so we will also do "Pin the Nose on Olaf".

Annnnnddd horse rides. I know, big shock. Really original, but use what you have right? It is my goal in life to have a photo of every child in my life in a picture on one of my stables horses.

• Options
    Thank you!! I have a hard time getting on Tumblr at work so I couldn't find a good one quickly for my post above ;)
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    I've been struggling with this too. Did you see my cry for help on FB yesterday? I aren't having a huge party, maybe 20-30, at our house. Most of the kids will be under 5 but there won't be many of them. So, not enough to rent a bouncy house or anything.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    I've been struggling with this too. Did you see my cry for help on FB yesterday? I aren't having a huge party, maybe 20-30, at our house. Most of the kids will be under 5 but there won't be many of them. So, not enough to rent a bouncy house or anything.

(stuck in box!)

If I had the room at my house I would have set up some water tables, sprinklers, baby pools, etc. outside for the kids to splash around in and cool off.
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    V&G101808 said:

(stuck in box!)

If I had the room at my house I would have set up some water tables, sprinklers, baby pools, etc. outside for the kids to splash around in and cool off.

I considered water things too!

• Options
    Nope. I tried it once and it was a bust.

I'll put out the outside toys, the caterpillar tubes and blow up this swim pad thing we have and let the kids go at it. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lkobriant said:

V&G101808 said:

(stuck in box!)

I considered water things too!

I thought about that but then you have a bunch of wet kids running around the house.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"