August 2014 Moms
Options

Wedding rings

2»

Re: Wedding rings

• Options
    I am still wearing my rings as of now. With DS, I was able to wear them until about 36 weeks and then they came off and I was too lazy to get a cheap replacement. However, I did make DH bring my rings to the hospital for me. They were able to fit again while I was still there.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I wore my rings my entire pregnancy last time, however this time my fingers did start getting uncomfortable recently. Not really to the point of leaving marks but enough that I was worried about not paying attention and getting them stuck. I inherited a beautiful ring from my grandmother this year, and it is a size bigger than my normal size so I have switched to wearing it. I'm actually looking forward to wearing it to the bitter end and having it as a "focal point" to focus on during labor to remind me of my grandma and help me to feel she is there supporting me, in some way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm still wearing my rings, but can only put them on and take them off at certain times. On vacation last week I didn't even fight with it, because I knew I would be too hot. I forgot to take them off one time and fought with it for about 5 minutes trying to get them off and it was pretty painful. My feet on the other hand are starting to swell pretty bad. Last night they looked huge, I showed my mom at my little brother's baseball game and she freaked out. Guess next time I go to to the doctor I'll mention it. 

• Options
    MC03MC03 member
    I'm still squeezing mine on but it's hard. Just trying to get through this week because I'm in trial and don't want the jurors to think I'm an unwed mother (and although they usually don't listen to a damn thing I say they notice everything. I have had jurors comment on shoes and pantyhose before). Even before I was married I used to wear a fake ring for trial because jurors are judgmental!

imageimage
  • Options

Still able to wear my ring as of right now.....not sure how much longer though....guess we will see!

• Options
    Bumping for this deal on Jane.com

I got a rhodium one in size up, $7!

https://jane.com/deal/21738/kate-bissett-swarovski-crystal-eternity-band
  • Options
    andatcdc said:

Never thought about getting a stand in ring ... that is a good idea I may have to look into that. Not that I really care what other people think, but I would rather not have everyone thinking im an unwed, young mother (I look pretty young and get side-eyed when I tell people Im 30) 

A friend of mine did this and she loved it. She is also the type of person who doesn't care what people think but some strangers can be incredibly rude and feel like they can say whatever they want to you. She got really tired of dealing with their stares and BS when she was just trying to get through her day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"