August 2014 Moms

Wedding rings

We are all at least half baked at this point. My wedding rings are getting hard to put on and take off and are leaving a nice mark on my figure. Anyone else having this issue yet? Nothing else seems swollen (well except the belly :) ) STM .... when did you have to stop wearing your wedding rings with your first pregnancy? Or did you? 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Wedding rings

• Only when I get warm does it start to get difficult to get my rings off! One of my good friends had to start wearing hers around her neck around 30 weeks or so. I hope I don't have to! But if I do I'm going to go buy a big fake ring to put in it's place ;)
  • not a STM, but I've had to take my ring off already.  My DH asked if I wanted a stand-in ring ($30, simple band, just in a bigger size), but I've just opt'ed to wear it on my necklace for now.  I don't wear my ring at work anyway, and with my pregnancy brain, I would probably forget where I took it off!

Baby Girl born 7/9/2014 at 34.5wks

• Loading the player...
  • Never thought about getting a stand in ring ... that is a good idea I may have to look into that. Not that I really care what other people think, but I would rather not have everyone thinking im an unwed, young mother (I look pretty young and get side-eyed when I tell people Im 30) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had to take mine off last week. I just bought a cheap $10 band at Target as a stand in. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • andatcdc said:
    Never thought about getting a stand in ring ... that is a good idea I may have to look into that. Not that I really care what other people think, but I would rather not have everyone thinking im an unwed, young mother (I look pretty young and get side-eyed when I tell people Im 30) 
    Same here. I'm nearly 24 but I still get carded to go into R rated movies....so I'll definitely have to invest in a stand-in ring when the time comes!
  • I've noticed the swelling in my hands in the last week (I'm 21w/5d).  The swelling has been AWFUL in my legs/feet for 2 weeks now, which is how I knew my hands would be coming.

I can still get them on and off easily (I usually wear them loose), so I'll keep on going until I can't anymore.  Don't think I'll get a stand-in ring.  I usually take all of my rings off when I go to the barn, and I've forgotten to put them on a few times, so it's no big deal to me, and DH doesn't care.

I'm just not looking forward to more swelling.  It hurts.  :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Mine still swivels and is easy to take off. With my first i didn't have to take my ring off either. If i feel I'm getting swollen I drink some more water and it goes down
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • schnookeeschnookee member
    edited April 2014
    I forgot about the ring not fitting. I haven't had any problems yet. We will see once it gets warmer. Edited for damn spellcheck
  • I've already ordered a stand-in ring (pretty rose gold & silver band). Mine are still fitting now, but getting very snug at night and leaving marks on my fingers.  I love wearing the big fake rings but not fun when they turn your finger green.
  • I already took mine off and put it on a chain.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My hands get swollen when it's hot no matter if I'm pregnant or not, ha! So my rings are tight in the summer and loose in the winter. So far they've been fine, but I'm anticipating having to deal with this soon, especially since on the drive to work today, NPR said they're predicting a hotter than usual summer for us here in SoCal :(
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• My hands get swollen when it's hot no matter if I'm pregnant or not, ha! So my rings are tight in the summer and loose in the winter. So far they've been fine, but I'm anticipating having to deal with this soon, especially since on the drive to work today, NPR said they're predicting a hotter than usual summer for us here in SoCal :(
    Oh great.... :|
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• It's never too early to swell up apparently. I haven't had to deal with swollen fingers but my shoes felt tighter than usual the other day. But generally speaking can't say I've had that problem! I will consider that lucky.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Totally depends on the Pregnancy. With dd#1 I bought cheap ring sets on eBay bc I lived in the south and felt judged as if I was pg and not married. Lol.

With #2 I wore them the whole time, and as of right now, I'm still comfy.

Wait until midsummer :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was able to wear mine until the end with DD. I was really swollen AFTER birth and couldn't wear them for about two weeks.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • My engagement band is loose to begin with, so I still have some room to grow, but I can tell that my fingers are starting to swell a little bit already, because it's not as loose as it was, and I don't have to sleep with it on my right hand. (My hands get cold and shrink at night, so I usually transferred my ring to my right hand.. since that finger is a little bigger).

If it stops fitting I'll probably just stop wearing it until the baby comes.

• I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings for a couple of weeks now.
  • I took mine off early last time because I was in the OR a lot, and my ring snags gloves when I'm rushing, so it was a PITA. I wore them on a chain, I bet I took them off around 13 weeks, I def wasn't swollen yet!

This time I'm still wearing them. My hands swell in the heat or when I wake up in the AM, even not pregnant. They don't seem any worse than usual yet. But I'm sure when it gets hot I'll rather take them off
  • I was able to wear mine the whole time with DS. However, he was a winter baby. Right now, it still comes off with no problem, but we'll have to see come summer.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• I never had swelling with DD so never took mine off...but it was still cool spring weather when she was born. So far I'm fine this time around too but the summer heat may make a difference. If so, I'll take them off then.
  • I was probably about 35 weeks when I took it off cause my ob suggested it. I didn't have tons of swelling in my hands, it was mostly my feet. It did take me 14 mos pp to get them back on. My hands and arms got really chubby once my milk came in.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had to stop wearing my engagement ring earlier this week. My hand still fits and I have been wearing it. If the band starts to get tight we might look for stand in, it is weird not wearing my rings!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • I don't remember when mine finally came off last time. I've since gotten mine soldered together and it came out a bit too big. I left it because my fingers swell when it's hot regardless of pregnancy.
    ALLI & ERIK - 12.12.10
    Stella - 7.7.11 | Ian - 8.6.14 | Isaac- 7.20.18
    #4 due 4.22.23

• I think it was about this time last pregnancy that I had mine sized up. I have crazy tiny fingers and I figured sizing them up would at least make them a little more likely to be useful as heirlooms. I just had them bumped up from a 3.5 to a full 4 and that bought me a few more months. I wore them on a necklace the last moth of pregnancy. It took several months post partum before I could wear them again. I've left them bigger, and while the looseness bothers me sometimes, I figure I'll just grow into them again. If it's really annoying after I'm done with babies, I'll have them sized down again. The place we got our rings from does resizings and cleanings for free for life. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My fingers didn't swell with my first. I even forgot to take them off before going to the hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • I already took mine off and am wearing them on a chain around my neck. I waited too late last time and it was really difficult to get them off so I'd just rather take them off now. I was debating getting a fake one but I don't even want to bother.
    Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • During my first pregnancy my rings made it to about 6 months.  this pregnancy even though I was the same weight they only made it to about 15 weeks.  My fake ring that I use for travel made it through the whole pregnancy.  It is currently tight and I can't always wear it.... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have my engagement ring still on, but have taken off my wedding band. It's slightly smaller, so it goes first. Last pregnancy I took my rings off around 26 weeks.

• This is something I haven't considered. I am totally fine for now, no swelling at all in my hands, but I have noticed a little swelling in my feet at the end of the day. Hopefully I can keep mine on.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Wow I'm jealous of all you non-swellers! My rings have been off since 20 weeks. They had me come in to the office the other day because my feet looked like this. I apologize now because I'm mobile, so that pic is probably huge! I just thought if share in my largeness. Just to clarify, I normally have ankles lol

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

• I really wish I'd written down when I had to stop wearing mine last time because I can't remember.  Summer 2010 was insanely hot and I know it had to have been at least 1-2 months before delivery.  I bought a cheap fake diamond band from Target.

This time I'm still good.  *knock on wood*  It's also only April though, so ask me again in June!  I actually tend to just wear my wedding band in the summer because we go to the beach or pool almost every day and I'm paranoid about my rings coming off in water and not being able to find them.

• With DD I think I took it off at about 32 weeks. However that was in the winter. I anticipate having to take it off sooner this time since it is going to be summer. With DD when I took off my rings some of the kids at my school thought I was getting a divorce and were very sweetly concerned about me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm not really swelling at all yet so my ring fit has not changed and actually remains a bit loose! I'm waiting for the Texas heat and humidity to catch up with me though this summer ...
  • My rings are to big right now so I had to take them off. They were to small last pregnancy. I miss them!
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • stoofewok said:

Rannndi said:

Wow I'm jealous of all you non-swellers! My rings have been off since 20 weeks. They had me come in to the office the other day because my feet looked like this. I apologize now because I'm mobile, so that pic is probably huge! I just thought if share in my largeness. Just to clarify, I normally have ankles lol

Oh my goodness...you poor thing. That looks seriously awful. Is it painful? I wonder if yours came on more quickly because you're cooking two little ones in there.
    I'm not sure why it came on so fast! So far there's no reason for it. They are doing more testing just to rule everything out though! It's not exactly painful; just extremely uncomfortable!

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

• I stopped wearing my engagement ring and have just been wearing my wedding band (it's a 1/2 size bigger).

My hands are a little swollen at times, but not consistently. But when they do get swollen I found myself taking off my engagement ring more (even semi-tight rings tend to really irritate my finger). I was afraid I would lose it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"