TTC after 35

Allergy meds & CM

Hello all. I suffer from seasonal allergies. I've recently started taking meds for it. I was told that it decreases the CM, so what can or should I do? It doesn't make since to take Claritin for the allergies & Robitussin for CM. Ugh darn pollen

Re: Allergy meds & CM

• Drink lots of water to keep everything hydrated, it helps with cm. Also use a saline nasal spray or even a netti pot to clear away any pollen and allergens that are in your sinus, the more there is the more your body secretes the mucus to coat and eliminate the allergen which is what makes you feel miserable. so if you help flush it out that you can take less meds.....that was alot of words!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Oh my, I've seen those netti pots. they scare me, I'm a coward. Thanks for the advise and suggestions ladies
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to take something, I have severe spring allergies. We are using preseed to combat the lack of CM. But if you are using CM as a fertility detector then I guess it doesn't help. 

Also, I was super scared of the netipot/sinus rinse stuff. But now that I've done it I wouldn't be able to live without it! 

Good luck!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"