September 2012 Moms
Options

Monday Randoms

13»

Re: Monday Randoms

• Options
    @banich4eva I swear they tell me that the machine is broken 70% of the time I need a McFlurry. Thankfully, I live in a town with a McDonald's every 6 feet, so I just drive on to the next one.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    For as much crap as comcast gets we have it and love it. We never have problems, they always lower our bill when I call and their internet is fantastic. I dread having to call them but the results are always good. I do not want satellite out here in the country. It always goes out.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last week everytime our parents mistakes got bumped that line from Taylor Swifts Mine ran through my head. Now, I CANNOT get it out. ~X(

• Options
    jenndub said:
    @banich4eva I swear they tell me that the machine is broken 70% of the time I need a McFlurry. Thankfully, I live in a town with a McDonald's every 6 feet, so I just drive on to the next one.
    I felt bad for the guy because it was a pretty strong reaction to a broken machine but he was nice and told me to try the on the next town over. They do seem to be "broken" often.  :-?
  • Options
    I just knocked out all of today's to-do list and half of tomorrow's while DD napped.  

This means that tomorrow's nap probably will not happen, just to spite me.
  • Options
    hmp1 said:

I just got back from visiting friends in TX and holy hell my house is a wreck. I'm sitting on the couch bumping trying to decide if I'm going to clean or nap.

I loved seeing my friend's babies but it made me realize I so don't want a newborn right now.

You should nap. I saw my friend's newborn a few days ago and wanted to go buy clothes for our next one immediately afterward. It wasn't until hours later that I felt the panic. Newborns are hard, I think I blocked a lot of that from my memory. I'm super excited/terrified of life when #4 shows up.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    a new random. I got my nails done yesterday and I'm in love with the color. 

Yes, I may have just posted on IG just to get a photo to share here. whatev.

Oooh is it a creamy blue or a green? I like it!   I was so close to getting a similar color the other day but wasn't sure what it would actually look like on my hands.

• Options
    We're in Boise at my dad and stepmom's. Lazy day today, zoo, toysrus, and chik-fil-a tomorrow. I'm terrified of the 6 hr drive home by myself on Wednesday. (My SIL was with me on the way down.)

I drove with Nate by myself from SC to OH. We stopped in between but had a 6 hour drive the first day. It wasn't as bad as I thought. When we stopped to eat I let him run around and play so he wouldn't get too stir crazy in the car. He surprised me and did a great job. I also recommend having everything you might need to hand to her organized on your passengers seat with easy access.
    This gives me hope. Having everything on the seat is a great idea. I'm planning to leave a little before naptime and hoping that will get me at least 3 hours in and then we'll stop for lunch/snack.

That's what I did too! We left about an hour before nap time and when he woke up we stopped and ate. It worked out well! Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    BPerBPer member
    So I had been working with one of H's salesmen, showing he and his wife houses for a couple of months. Every Sunday (the only day H and I are home together) for hours, out in the middle of fucking nowhere, in the freezing cold. I showed him a gorgeous house, he makes an absurdly low offer (against my advice), and they don't even counter.
    The next week, I shoot him a text to see if he's ready to get back on the horse, and I get radio silence. I say something to H a few days later, and he asks the guy what's going on. He found a house on Craigslist, made an offer, and the guy had accepted, and couldn't bother to tell me after I had spent all of that time showing him houses.
    I was livid (that he couldn't even give me a heads up) and may have said something along the lines of "I hope the home inspection reveals a bad foundation and the house crumbles under his feet." Well, almost. Black mold in all of the duct work. So he's back to square one. He asked H if I would help him. Initial response? Hell fucking no. Does this make me a giant bitch? LMK.

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    iPads hate formatting.

• Options
    BPer said:
    So I had been working with one of H's salesmen, showing he and his wife houses for a couple of months. Every Sunday (the only day H and I are home together) for hours, out in the middle of fucking nowhere, in the freezing cold. I showed him a gorgeous house, he makes an absurdly low offer (against my advice), and they don't even counter.
    The next week, I shoot him a text to see if he's ready to get back on the horse, and I get radio silence. I say something to H a few days later, and he asks the guy what's going on. He found a house on Craigslist, made an offer, and the guy had accepted, and couldn't bother to tell me after I had spent all of that time showing him houses.
    I was livid (that he couldn't even give me a heads up) and may have said something along the lines of "I hope the home inspection reveals a bad foundation and the house crumbles under his feet." Well, almost. Black mold in all of the duct work. So he's back to square one. He asked H if I would help him. Initial response? Hell fucking no. Does this make me a giant bitch? LMK.
    Nope, he burned a bridge and now he will have to suffer. At least until he apologizes profusly and promises not to pull that shit anymore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited April 2014
    I wouldn't help him, either BPer. . Clearly he doesn't care about the time you spent helping him, so don't waste anymore on him.

ETA: I haven't had a grown up job in 4.5 years. I may be thinking with the mind of a 4.5 year old.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Lol oh no @BobKat22‌ ! It's fun, isn't it?

I honestly have no clue why it was so side-eyeable. DH noticed some stares on his own and asked me if we should stop. Maybe because LO is petite and looks younger? I didn't feel unsafe at all.

Everyone at that park was WT anyway, and they should have been side eyeing the chain smoker at the infant swings :-p

Sorry your LO kicked you off the swing. Demanding little boogers, aren't they? I got declined for a goodnight hug tonight. Grumblegrumble
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @jayja2007‌ excellent! Sigh of relief.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"