September 2012 Moms
Options

Monday Randoms

Re: Monday Randoms

• Options
    BobKat22 said:

I test drove and decided on a double stroller today! I don't know why I feel so much relief about that.

Which one? Which one?

I got in a email argument with BRU over the second seat for ours because the lady on the phone was such a C U next Tuesday. My claim has been "sent up the chain of command." At this point I am pretty sure it's cost them more in billable hours then the $17 they are going to end up giving me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think I'm going to go home :( seriously freezing then sweating then freezing...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I'm going to go home :( seriously freezing then sweating then freezing...
    :( Go home and get some rest!!! That sounds miserable.
  • Options

Speaking of movies, I finally saw American Hustle.  It was fine...I feel like I haven't been blown away by an awesome movie in ages.  Anyone have a good one to suggest?

• Options
    pharmer78 said:

Speaking of movies, I finally saw American Hustle.  It was fine...I feel like I haven't been blown away by an awesome movie in ages.  Anyone have a good one to suggest?

12 Years A Slave was all right. Not amazing but certainly interesting since it's a true story. I'd say it's worth watching!

Anniversary

• Options
    They moved our office refridgerator and microwave into the conference room.  They have had non-stop meetings in there since noon and I have been unable to get to my lunch to heat it up.  It's 2:30, I have a client coming at 3 and I have yet to eat lunch.
  • Options
    I have been so excited that I'm so close to earning my bachelor's degree.  Then I found out this morning my cousin who is the same age as me is going back for her Master's in Accounting.

I know we live different lives, but it felt like a slap to the face of where I could be.  And yet I do her taxes!
    don't let her get you down.  Getting your Bach degree, especially as a non-traditional student, is a huge accomplishment.  There's no way in hell I could go back to college and do a full bach degree with a kid and job. nope.

I have some friends who are graduating from med school and being, like, real doctors. (that I graduated HS with) and it's hard not to compare. But then they talk about their debt and how they won't be able to start a family for years, etc.  Everyone has a different path, try not to compare. Easier said than done, I know, but still.  
    Amen to this.  Seriously--the only person to compare yourself to is yourself.
  • Options
    Have a good day, Ladies :)  I'm going to head home.  Hopefully I survive the drive :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options

pharmer78 said:
    BobKat22 said:
    Here's another random. I'm conflicted. DD needs an ultrasound on her back. She's had a lump for about 7 months now. I'm not going to personally do it. I know my role is better needed with her laying on top of me during the exam. I just don't know where I want to take her to have it done. I feel like the Children's hospital specializes in kids and will know how to handle her better, but I also know my co-workers have SO many years of experience and will do a fantastic job. It's pretty superficial so it might take a bit to find, so I know it's going to be difficult to keep her still and calm. I don't know where to go.
    That's a really tough call. I would probably go with a place that specializes in children for the reason you mentioned.  Also, I tend to separate home life and work so that would be my other reason.  T&P that it's nothing of concern.
    Another vote for the Children's hospital. They specialize in littles.
  • Options
    AKB090609 said:
    It was warm and sunny so I can't complain! DD did start getting her canines and they seem to be bugging her much more than any of her other teeth did.

Canines and molars are the devil! I hope your DD's pop through quickly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    6 more weeks of classes the I get a break! I really want to read a book or two for pleasure but if I start I know I won't want to put the book down until I am done and my studying will suffer. Anyone else get completely suck in to books?

I love reading and can easily get sucked into books. I'm reading a Jen Lancaster book now that's pretty good, but it's one I can put down. It's nice to be able to read it slower so I'm not super disappointed when I'm finished with it!
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    We are contemplating finding out the sex and revealing on Easter via an egg. This sounds ridiculously corny when I type it out, but DH really wants to find out.

I think this would be really cute! It's creative too.
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    mnkate said:
    Nothing super exciting here. DH put up some awesome shelving bracket things in my craft room, so I will be organizing the closet this week (Is it nerdy that I'm so excited about this?).

We also bought LO a new picnic table and a water table. And a slide. Can you tell we're ready for winter to be over?
    :P
    I'm jealous! A craft room is one thing that is a must have for me in the next house we buy.
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    While rinsing the shampoo out of my hair this morning, my shower went ice cold.  I quickly exited and ran to the basement only to discover our hot water heater is definitely dead.  It's been slowly leaking since around 2 weeks ago and of course, the Menards 11% back sale was last week. 

Today I will be looking for a new one, in case anyone knows of any good deals or has any recommendations. :-)

That sucks :( hope you find a good deal on a new one!
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options

pharmer78 said:
    BobKat22 said:
    Here's another random. I'm conflicted. DD needs an ultrasound on her back. She's had a lump for about 7 months now. I'm not going to personally do it. I know my role is better needed with her laying on top of me during the exam. I just don't know where I want to take her to have it done. I feel like the Children's hospital specializes in kids and will know how to handle her better, but I also know my co-workers have SO many years of experience and will do a fantastic job. It's pretty superficial so it might take a bit to find, so I know it's going to be difficult to keep her still and calm. I don't know where to go.
    That's a really tough call. I would probably go with a place that specializes in children for the reason you mentioned.  Also, I tend to separate home life and work so that would be my other reason.  T&P that it's nothing of concern.
    Another vote for the Children's hospital. They specialize in littles.
    I also vote Children's.  Both for their specialty, but also as a way to separate work/home.  Plus she may feel more comfortable at Children's, since that's what they do :)
    Samesies.  Unless you want people who know you to be there no matter what the outcome is.  I can appreciate that.  It's not what I'd want, but I can appreciate if you want familiar faces there.
  • Options
    Crappy morning. G was whiney and crying. We have her 18mo appt today so I got out the stool to wash and brush her teeth. She stepped on the edge and it went over and G chipped her tooth on the pedestal sink. I'm so over today. I'm sure her shots will be great. I'm worried the pedi will tell me I am doing a terrible job when I know she won't and I'm doing an ok job. I just can't get past this hump of feeling like I am failing my kid.

Oh that sucks! Today I pulled Nate back by his shirt and he wiggled himself forward and banged his face into our tv stand. I felt so bad. I hope your day turns around for you!
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    27boo27boo member
    We're in Boise at my dad and stepmom's. Lazy day today, zoo, toysrus, and chik-fil-a tomorrow.

I'm terrified of the 6 hr drive home by myself on Wednesday. (My SIL was with me on the way down.)
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    Have a good day, Ladies :)  I'm going to head home.  Hopefully I survive the drive :(

Hope you feel better soon!
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    DS tripped and hit a chair that chipped his tooth on Saturday. There was so much blood from the busted lip. He seems to be eating and drinking fine. I already had a dentist appt. set for this Friday so we'll keep it and see how it goes. It just seems each time he is alone with me too long he gets hurt. Which causes me to helicopter for days and finally when I feel I can step back he gets hurt again. I so don't want to be 'that mom' but damn kid quit getting hurt on my watch. Other than that the weekend was great. We spent almost all of Sunday outside. DS loves being outside.

imageimage 

• Options
    We're in Boise at my dad and stepmom's. Lazy day today, zoo, toysrus, and chik-fil-a tomorrow. I'm terrified of the 6 hr drive home by myself on Wednesday. (My SIL was with me on the way down.)

I drove with Nate by myself from SC to OH. We stopped in between but had a 6 hour drive the first day. It wasn't as bad as I thought. When we stopped to eat I let him run around and play so he wouldn't get too stir crazy in the car. He surprised me and did a great job. I also recommend having everything you might need to hand to her organized on your passengers seat with easy access.
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    The weather this weekend sucked here, but it's supposed to be nice the rest of the day and tomorrow so we are going to spend a good chunk of the day outside! We took Nate to The Monster Truck show on Saturday. He loved walking around and seeing the trucks up front. He loved watching the first truck jump but then the second one really revved up his engine and it was over. I think he freaked out because you could feel the vibrations. Even though he was crying he was still trying to crane his neck to watch the trucks. Maybe in a few years!
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    BPerBPer member
    Total FWP here, but our Direct TV is completely out for the 2nd time in the last couple of weeks. We haven't had TV since Friday evening.

They won't be over to fix it until tomorrow.  I missed The Walking Dead finale, and couldn't even DVR it.  I want to choke someone at Direct TV. Unacceptable.

• Options
    DirectTV is seriously the worst.
  • Options
    AT&T U-VERSE FTW!  Seriously.  No issues at all in over a year.  It's amazing.  We always had Time Warner.  I would rather have nothing than have Time Warner.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    mnkate said:
    BPer said:
    Total FWP here, but our Direct TV is completely out for the 2nd time in the last couple of weeks. We haven't had TV since Friday evening.

They won't be over to fix it until tomorrow.  I missed The Walking Dead finale, and couldn't even DVR it.  I want to choke someone at Direct TV. Unacceptable.
    We have had SO MANY problems with Direct TV the past couple months. It keeps going out, they "fix" it and then it happens again. We are part of some test group with a new box (that is now rolling out nationwide, I guess) It seriously sucks. Loses signal alllll the time.

We're stuck though because we hate Comcast more.
    What about Dish?  We have it and I like it. 
  • Options
    We tried to get Direct TV and they showed up over an hour late to the appointment twice.  We ultimately decided that, if that is the way they treat incoming customers, there is no way we want to be under contract with them. 
  • Options
    27boo27boo member
    DianeD1 said:

We're in Boise at my dad and stepmom's. Lazy day today, zoo, toysrus, and chik-fil-a tomorrow.

I'm terrified of the 6 hr drive home by myself on Wednesday. (My SIL was with me on the way down.)

I drove with Nate by myself from SC to OH. We stopped in between but had a 6 hour drive the first day. It wasn't as bad as I thought. When we stopped to eat I let him run around and play so he wouldn't get too stir crazy in the car. He surprised me and did a great job. I also recommend having everything you might need to hand to her organized on your passengers seat with easy access.

This gives me hope. Having everything on the seat is a great idea. I'm planning to leave a little before naptime and hoping that will get me at least 3 hours in and then we'll stop for lunch/snack.

Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    AT&T U-VERSE FTW!  Seriously.  No issues at all in over a year.  It's amazing.  We always had Time Warner.  I would rather have nothing than have Time Warner.

I love Uverse but they don't have it where our new house is. I had major sads when I called to cancel today.
  • Options

I love Uverse but they don't have it where our new house is. I had major sads when I called to cancel today.
    As long as you never have a problem, AT&T is great.  The minute you do, you will be on the effing phone for effing hours of your effing life explaining the issue to seventeen (perfectly nice) people who all seem to believe that, in fact, THE NEXT person you're being connected to can help.  Eventually someone will claim they can fix it.  They will not.  You will call and repeat, because nothing in AT&T's system is apparently capable of recording interactions with or plans to assist customers.
  • Options
    Hyaline said:

As long as you never have a problem, AT&T is great.  The minute you do, you will be on the effing phone for effing hours of your effing life explaining the issue to seventeen (perfectly nice) people who all seem to believe that, in fact, THE NEXT person you're being connected to can help.  Eventually someone will claim they can fix it.  They will not.  You will call and repeat, because nothing in AT&T's system is apparently capable of recording interactions with or plans to assist customers.
    Yeah.. It took me 45 minutes to get someone who could cancel the service. They kept transfering me to someone to see if they could find a service for our area.
  • Options
    Hyaline said:

Yeah.. It took me 45 minutes to get someone who could cancel the service. They kept transfering me to someone to see if they could find a service for our area.
    This is crazy!  I've called a couple times regarding our bill and credits being mixed up and it was always solved really quickly.  

We used to have to call Time Warner all the time.  DH got so irritated about it he would call and automatically ask for a supervisor.  It was ridiculous.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

That happened to us too! I was super bummed. We have Dish now and it's fine.

• Options
    Before we cancelled we had Dish and absolutely loved it!  

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I've had them all. DTV, Dish, Comcast, TWC and Uverse. Uverse has by far been the best with everything.

• Options
    The guys who showed up to install our DirecTV satellite dish were SKETCH. SO FUCKING SKETCHY.  The one guy wouldn't take a check because he "owed Wells Fargo a lot of money so he wouldn't get his cash." uh. not my problem dude.
    When we had cable, the bandanna-wearing aging hippie who installed it kept telling us to "be patient, dude" and rifling through our closets because "the box is always in a closet" despite us telling him it was outside the back door.

After two hours of searching everywhere in our townhouse, including the crawlspace, he finally checked outside where it was, indeed, located.  He then could not switch it on so spliced us into our neighbor's instead.

Be patient, dude, my ass.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"