Stay at Home Moms
Options

Party gifts question

13»

Re: Party gifts question

• Options
    Found a pie chart!

(In case you haven't noticed, I no longer care about the subject matter of my own thread.)
  • Options
    Hav=Fath said:
    I can't believe I am getting such flack for saying screw you and kiss my ass. Well actually I can believe it, it's kinda hilarious.

OMG you just don't get it, or play dumb really well. You are getting flack because it is so out character for you, and you are playing dumb that people think it is rude.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are referring to me saying fuck you the other day, it was in response to the go to hell, not completely out of the blue or anything like you're inferring it was. 
  • Options
    Hav=Fath said:
    I can't believe I am getting such flack for saying screw you and kiss my ass. Well actually I can believe it, it's kinda hilarious.
    Hav, anybody who went around here telling people to Kiss Her Ass would get the same thing...but nobody does. It's not just about you all the time.
  • Options
    Welcome to the dark side, @JellyBellyStar.
  • Options
    That's not true. I don't dislike her. I just think she's full of shit.
  • Options

Hav=Fath said:

KateMW said:

Are you still mad because no one turned against the "mean girls" when you WK hav, or because we didn't like your pizza choices? Or is this really about us all driving home with our wrapped loot?

Why would anyone turn against you and your sheep?  This is what happens.  Call me whatever you want, I will stand up for someone if I see they are being singled out week after week by the same group of people.  I would do the same for you.  I am a sucker for the underdog.

Are you serious about the pizza? I was not at all offended.  In fact, I took many of the suggestions.  It is just strange when something you consider totally normal, is considered odd by the majority.  No offense taken.

As I told another poster, my opinion is flavored by the people who I have seen in my life currently who do it.  Yes, knowing those people, I can see them driving away cackling.  This may not always be the case, but it is my experience.

So serious question...why is it OK for Hav to cuss at us but nobody can say anything to Hav? 

You guys use the F word in practically
    every thread... I say ass and get called out? Lovely.

They don't like you.

I love that you can pop into a 6-page thread and sum everything up in 4 simple words.

Jelly FTW
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mrs.Greg said:

Hav=Fath said:

KateMW said:

Are you still mad because no one turned against the "mean girls" when you WK hav, or because we didn't like your pizza choices? Or is this really about us all driving home with our wrapped loot?

Why would anyone turn against you and your sheep?  This is what happens.  Call me whatever you want, I will stand up for someone if I see they are being singled out week after week by the same group of people.  I would do the same for you.  I am a sucker for the underdog.

Are you serious about the pizza? I was not at all offended.  In fact, I took many of the suggestions.  It is just strange when something you consider totally normal, is considered odd by the majority.  No offense taken.

As I told another poster, my opinion is flavored by the people who I have seen in my life currently who do it.  Yes, knowing those people, I can see them driving away cackling.  This may not always be the case, but it is my experience.

So serious question...why is it OK for Hav to cuss at us but nobody can say anything to Hav? 

You guys use the F word in practically
    every thread... I say ass and get called out? Lovely.

They don't like you.

--stuck in your box--

I love that you can pop into a 6-page thread and sum everything up in 4 simple words.

Jelly FTW

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Eh I don't like her or dislike her. Really I don't care one way or the other about her.
  • Options

I have never been to a party where kids didn't open presents. I'm not even kidding, the concept is kind of mind-blowing to me.....
    Really? It would get so boring... I figured people only do it for 1st bdays.
    Really really......I've been going through all my memories of childhood parties and all the ones I've attended for other people's kids now. Of course it's not the most thrilling part of the party (though I do remember enjoying it as a kid) but not opening presents is just....not done. Guess it must be my circle. I will say bday present opening is not nearly as bad as a shower. Actually I could totally get behind no-present-opening at showers..... :-P ;)
  • Options
    See, I was trying to figure out if it was regional (b/c the locations weren't making sense) or socio-economic (but then how would someone see half and half?) but haven't been able to figure it out. 

Maybe we need to make an info-graphic. 
    You can know people from different ses. I think it is probably a ses thing. 
  • Options
    Where we are if is at an outside venue no gifts are opened. If it is at the house gifts are opened. I don't care either way.
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    Most of the time, yes. Especially now that DD is getting older, most of her friends help pick out the gifts and are excited for the reaction and vice versa. When younger and parties were a bunch of 2 to 3 year olds, we still did the gift opening but it was torture lol!
  • Options
    I'm really late to this but I'm sure everyone will be surprised to know that not only do I not serve alcohol at my kids parties they do open gifts. :) With that being said, the kids parties to date have been mostly family (only a few of my friends have kids already) and I cater my parties to the crowd attending--my middle age aunts/female cousins want to ooh and ahh over the clothes and toys while my male relatives watch sports elsewhere. :) Ds chose a family vacation over a friend party this year so we haven't done the whole friend party yet--not really sure which way we will go when we have two hours at the bouncy house place. It's probably a decision I will let my child choose what they want to do. Opening presents at a kids party is one of five topics in life that is not one of my hills to die on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    All I'm going to add to this is that if you have enough to drink you don't notice whether the presents were opened or not...

I'm with Penguin, all the booze at the parties!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    Never mind opening gifts. What is the stance on fashion shows? From 5 up we had to model all our new clothing lol!
  • Options

Never mind opening gifts. What is the stance on fashion shows? From 5 up we had to model all our new clothing lol!

Screw that. If Grandma gives it to you in private, then yeah, it might happen. In front of the whole party? Hell no.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, no way I will subject DD to that lol!
  • Options
    I was poking around the computer obsessively looking for pictures so I could be right...
  • Options
    Wow, she is pissed at whoever gave her the birthday princess card. Not a fan.
  • Options
    Suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeeeeee... ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"