October 2014 Moms
Options

Puke debate

I hate throwing up more than almost everything and because of that I've become extremely good at holding it in. I've been feeling mild nausea for about a month (I'm 10w 5d) but the last week or so I've been having sudden overwhelming urges to actually puke. So far I've held on (barely) but I tend to feel pretty blah after the urge lets up. Do those of you who do actually let it out feel better afterward? Or is it like food poisoning and once you start you can't stop and you still don't feel better. In the later case, I'll just keep holding on as long as I can but if I feel better, I may just give in.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Puke debate

• Options
    I usually feel better once I let it out ... :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My FurBaby Dexter 4/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since 07/12
    MC - 03/13
    BFP - 2/9/14 EDD 10/17/14
  • Options
    I can't imagine feeling better if you keep it in. As much as throwing up sucks, I definitely think getting it out will make you feel better...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Let it out, after you barf you'll feel better!! I usually feel worse when I don't!
  • Options
    Definitely better once its out.  I hate the feeling where you're so nauseated almost to the point of throwing up but then just can't - it's awful!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just continue to feel gross. I don't feel better but I also can't hold it in. So I puke when I have to and then feel miserable some more...

• Options
    Haha i cant imgaine what its like to keep it in! Thats impossible for me! The days where im dry heaving and nothing comes are the worst. I usually feel better when i actually puke!
  • Options
    I feel better briefly after throwing up although another wave usually starts up shortly after bit def feel momentarily better after throwing up.
  • Options
    I feel a little better after throwing up. If I am at work or out I'll do my best to hold it in, but otherwise I would prefer to just throw up and get it over with.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    I get what I call the "happy hour" I feel great for an hour or two after and then it builds back up again. At that point anything can set me off.
  • Options
    I also hate puking and was trying as much as possible to avoid it. Once I realized that it was better out than in, things got better. The feeling will probably come back after awhile, but at least your not fighting the urge indefinitely.

• Options
    I vomit and then have relief for 15-20 minutes before the nausea returns. I don't like it either but it's definitely better out than in and on days that are really bad, I'll take any relief I can get.
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I feel better afterwards. For me drinking while eating usually causes it to come up. So I try to take sips or avoid drinking until I'm done eating.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers                         

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    MaymkMaymk member
    Thanks for all the replies! It sounds like the general consensus is to give in. If it helps, I guess it's worth it! Thank you!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am just like you, I hold it in. I have a really hard time throwing up even when I am not pregnant, so I wasn't expecting a lot of morning sickness to cause me to actually throw up.

Mine isn't super bad though and usually passes within a half hour.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree letting it out makes you feel better. It sux at the time though!
    BabyFruit Ticker EDD oct 22, 14
  • Options
    Just try to drink liquids before puking. It makes it come up more smoothly.

• Options
    I don't know if it's just me but pregnancy vomit is nothing like food poisoning vomit. It comes out easily then I feel better for a while. No stomach cramping or straining like when you are sick. I have a friend who told me she felt same way about it. It's kind of strange but much more pleasant then when sick. I wouldn't hold it in...although I haven't been able to. It came out unexpectedly while driving down the interstate the other morning. Good thing I had bags in the car.
  • Options
    I feel 90% better after I throw up. I actually usually hope for it if I start dry heaving.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Gibson is due October 8th! (Bfp: January 29th)

Noah 12.26.2008

6 lbs 6 oz / 19.5 inches long

• Options
    Let it out, let it out, let it out!! There's nothing worse then the anticipation of puking.

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Leysin97 said:

I don't know if it's just me but pregnancy vomit is nothing like food poisoning vomit. It comes out easily then I feel better for a while. No stomach cramping or straining like when you are sick. I have a friend who told me she felt same way about it. It's kind of strange but much more pleasant then when sick. I wouldn't hold it in...although I haven't been able to. It came out unexpectedly while driving down the interstate the other morning. Good thing I had bags in the car.

Totally agree for me I hate the nausea anticipation. I mean get on with it :) the nausea make me feel way worse than just vomiting
  • Options
    LET IT OUT!!!! I usually felt 90% better after I puked/dry heaved. The odd time, I still felt like crap (usually indicated I would be back throwing up in 15 min).
  • Options
    I haven't puked during this pregnancy yet, but want to so bad. 
    ---

• Options
    I puke at least once every couple of days. I've tried holding it in before and it is so not worth it. I always feel a lot better when I let it out.

<('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^) <('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^) <('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"