January 2014 Moms
Options

What is your profession?

2»

Re: What is your profession?

• Options
    Cara1024Cara1024 member
    edited March 2014
    I'm a wedding and portrait photographer and I do love my job. It comes with a lot of stress but it is also very rewarding to own my own business and get to do what I went to school for.
    ETA: I've had my own business for 5 years now and have been photographing in general for about 8 years.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    vterpvterp member

I work in finance and have been in the field for almost eight years now.  I came into the industry working for a big firm, but I started working for an independent financial advisor about 3 years ago.  I hated my job before I made the switch from the big firm to the independent office, but I love it now.  My office is quite flexible so I won't have to worry about any flack for DD's doctor's appointments or when she gets sick.  It's also very interesting work and I enjoy being challenged and engaged. 

I'm currently in an administrative support role but I'm working towards more credentials that will allow me to transition to a management role.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker'>v

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Currently I am a Hospice Aid and I love it! It is a difficult job but it is incredibly rewarding to know that I make such a difference in the lives of many and it is an honor to be welcomed into the most difficult journey a person / family can make. I also just graduated in November with my AS in Criminal investigation and have just applied with the coroners office for their investigator position, wish me luck. Lol
  • Options
    I am a high school business teacher, grades 9-12.  I have been working in my current position for five years.  I love my job and love working with teenagers.  Everyone thinks I'm nuts, but I find it very rewarding.  Plus, they have a fantastic sense of humor and make me smile every day.  There are just so many fun, yet challenging, things you can do with this age range.  It also helps that I teach an elective class and my students want to be there.
    imageimage

Lilypie - (75Jo)

• Options
    Currently I am a Hospice Aid and I love it! It is a difficult job but it is incredibly rewarding to know that I make such a difference in the lives of many and it is an honor to be welcomed into the most difficult journey a person / family can make. I also just graduated in November with my AS in Criminal investigation and have just applied with the coroners office for their investigator position, wish me luck. Lol
    I agree - It's so incredibly rewarding and special to be invited in to help people go through this transition
  • Options
    Wow lots of teachers!! :)
    I'm a radiology technologist at the Univer. Of MN medical Center. I've been there for almost 10 years now and I absolutely love my job. It's never a dull moment in my field. And no I just don't take X-rays of broken bones etc. of patients who come through the emergency room. I also operate fluoroscopy machines in the operating room for orthopedic surgeons, and neuro surgery of the spine. We also do Studies of patients GI tract including stomach, small intestine, colon and bladder. It's a very very interesting field but also very physical. Someday I will probably move into MRI, something less physical and different
  • Options
    Vet tech since 2008. It has its good days and bad. I love the people I work with theyre pretty awesome. The job is sometimes depressing, mentally and physically draining, and definitely not glamorous but shit it can be rewarding and I do love it.
  • Options
    Right now I work at Starbucks, but I'm trying to find a librarian job. I miss having a job that stimulates my mind.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    SAHM and piano/flute teacher from home.  I got married pretty young and hadn't really settled on a career yet, so hadn't started any post-secondary schooling.  I was doing speech therapy with K-3 kids.  I loved it!  I think if DH and I hadn't started dating when I was 19 and it hadn't gotten so serious so quickly I'd probably have started university for teacher.  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• Options
    I'm CEO of a mid-sized non-profit. I've been in this position for a little of 2 years and with the organization almost 5. It's a fantastic job, and keeps me busy and makes me feel accomplished almost every day.
    AnnRenee 1/21/03
    Luke 12/30/2013
  • Options
    KatorozKatoroz member
    edited March 2014
    SAHM here! Love my job, but with no post secondary education, I'm not sure what I'll do once my kids are done with school.
  • Options
    @mcg1119‌ thank you! I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your mom. (Hugs). I actually started in hospice because my mom was suddenly diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer 5 years ago and I dedicated myself to taking care of her and my hospice team was my leaning post and I couldn't have done it without them. I realized at that time that we need more people to be there for our dying and their families even if all we can do in those final moments is offer a hug or a phone call to see how everyone is holding up.
  • Options
    Physician assistant in general and colorectal surgery. I see mostly inpatients, do discharges, first assist in OR, and see new consults in the ED. I love what I do, but I don't love working the overnights (one every other week) and weekends (one in four).
  • Options
    Staff accountant. To most of you it sounds boring but I love it. I work for a mid sized company and my boss is super flexible so I am able to take off whenever needed. We have to close our books within the first 5 business days of every month so those days are pretty stressful, but other than that it is very easy going. I love numbers and I love excel so this job is good for me! I enjoy going into work everyday and learning. I also love my coworkers!
  • Options
    Up until 2 weeks ago I was a 6-8th grade math teacher. Like PP said, I like teaching, but don't like the standards and people who don't know the first thing about education trying to teach. For the last 3 years I had been at a private school, so the parents could be a handful at times too. I left my job 2 weeks ago to become a nanny for a 2 year old so I could be with DS full time. It wasn't a hard decision because the pay is similar (minus healthcare) and the family is wonderful. Plus I get to raise my son.
    @alwaysadream528

Working moms raise their children too....

For now I am a SAHM. When DH and I move back to the US, the plan is for me to teach again. I was a secondary social studies teacher prior to our international move. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Currently I'm a SAHM. I was a RN in pediatrics and I also have experience with post open heart surgery patients. I miss work somewhat but love being home with my girls....I'm considering getting a weekend position so I'm still home during the week but can make some extra cash.... But I guess we'll see what happens!

• Options
    I'm the accounting/membership director for a commercial real estate association. Basically, I pay the bills, collect money, produce financials monthly, and handle all things in membership. I process applications, activate and inactivate members, membership changes, and recruit members. While I don't particularly love my job, I do like it. My degree is in accounting so I would like to focus more on that and less on membership.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Professor and nonprofit marketing consultant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm an LVN (LPN in other states) and work for the childrens' hospital as the Supervisor in the Outpatient Specialty Clinic.  I work w/ specialties such as Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Neurology, Endocrinology, Surgery, and have patients that range in age as young as 2 weeks and as old as 22 years old.  I love my job, love my patients, and it's the fact that I love it so much is the only thing keeping me from figuring out how to stay home with my girl (I go back in a week and a half).
    Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3
  • Options
    I'm a bartender
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"