Health & Exercise

Infant in Jogging Stroller

I have a Bob and a Brittax car seat that fits in the Bob (per the manufacturer). I have a 5 week old and my postpartum check-up is Tuesday. Assuming I get the go ahead to run, is it safe to run with the little one in the car seat / Bob? I would start slowly and only go for 2-3 miles at first.

Re: Infant in Jogging Stroller

• Use the car seat adapter that BOB sells. Make sure you stick with flat, smooth surfaces, and that baby is snuggly buckled in. An extra blanket rolled for head/neck support has been used by some of my friends.
    I started taking DS for runs when he was 4 weeks- ran on a bike path. He loved it- slept the whole time. I would nurse right before we left, and I could easily run 8 miles (an hr time-wise) with him snoozing the whole time. Have fun and enjoy your running partner :)

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• I wish I knew months ago that I could use the infant carseat with the jogging stroller before 6 months old. Though I still wouldn't of been running with my LO cause the weather has been bad. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Technically, you're not supposed to.  However, I was running with DS at 3 weeks postpartum.  Like others have said; smooth paths, make sure the seat is secure and possibly extra head support.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"