LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check-In

Good morning, friends. This is the place for our weekly trying to conceive check in. How are things going? Where are you in your cycle? Rants/Raves? 

**As a reminder, please begin a new thread for a BFP announcement**

QOTW: Stolen from @2mamazinseattle for the TPR check-in: What is your favorite thing about spring? 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
  • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
  • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
  • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
  • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
  • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
  • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
  • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
  • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

Re: TTC Check-In

• Options
    I'll start by copying my check in with TPR...

Check-in: Well, I'm 13dpo (IF I ovulated right at the 36 hour mark of the trigger.) Home tests are coming up negative and I'm on progesterone, so no af as of yet. RE protocol is a blood test, which I had this morning. They said they have had plenty of people come in with negative home tests and then see a positive blood test. While I'd love to be hopeful, I'm not. 

As for our journey, we aren't sure, but are leaning toward this being our last try. It is devastating to think about not trying anymore, but this is such an expensive and emotional process that we aren't sure that continuing to try (and fail) is what we want to do. We know that our lives would be so wonderful with a child, but we also know that our lives would be wonderful with just us. My biggest fear is regret. I don't want to go 10 years and still regret not trying more, or trying something else. We could certainly try for another year, and fail, and then decide to stop trying, and still have the same regret. We are both devastated, but I'm so incredibly thankful that we are on the same page. We haven't made our decision yet. We may take a month off and try again, but as for now, we are taking it one day at a time. 

Sending thoughts and prayers to everyone who needs it. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN

• Options
    We are waiting on CD1 which should be any day now. Then we schedule our HSG and labs. Hoping for the best! So ready to try again. My neighbor has a 1 year old ( she pulled in drive way with her take home baby the same time we pulled in from our (D&C)...and is now prego again and due May 1st with twin girls!!! Ugh...having a hard time being supportive and not jealous!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fav thing about spring is cool mornings with warm afternoons and a light breeze. And SUNSHINE!!! 70 in Raleigh today and I'm stuck in a classroom with no windows. Ugh!

IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.

8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!
    We are in our pre-TWW :). It is CD6 and I started using the Fertility monitor sticks this morning. I am enjoying my acupuncture and things are looking up. I got a huge promotion this week and I think I can feed off the positivity from that for a while! It is quite a change to have something to feel positive about.

I am hoping for everyone in their TWW that things work out for the positive!

QOTD: Being able to be outside. My life it outside and when it is cold it can be quite miserable!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options

I am enjoying my acupuncture and things are looking up!

Good for you with the acupuncture. I won an acupuncture treatment on a cruise...not so much fun. Long story short I had a panic attack when they put pins in my hands and told me not to move or it would hurt. The boat started rocking as soon as he left the room and said he would be back in 20 min. Lol.

• Options
    Happy Monday - and thanks again for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately, regret is has been a persistent feeling when it comes to all things reproductive... e.g., I should have acted long ago, I should have left a closed door closed, I should have run through an open door when it was open, yadda yadda.  It's sucky - I don't feel this way about other aspects of my life.

Alas, we are on hold as we wade through a bunch of my partner's concerns and fears not previously out in the open.  Obviously this has to be done, but I am feeling blindsided.  We had planned to do the first IUI this month.  Now, instead, we are going away on a romantic weekend where I will likely, much to my own chagrin, be weirdly passive-aggressive.  Sigh.  I wish I could dis-invite myself from this vacation - we would have a better time without the current me.

I LOVE the cold, and typically, the more snow the better, but goodness, this winter was brutal.  I am most excited to get out of heavy boots and back into flip flops!   Dirty, disgusting urban life be damned, I want to wiggle my toes!
  • Options
    SweetPea0307SweetPea0307 member
    edited March 2014

@doodah1013 I'm so glad things are going better for you! I hope this is the beginning of a nice long streak of good luck.

I'm on CD2. This last BFN was brutal. We had an evap line at 13dpo that got our hopes up and then the BFN on 14dpo was devastating. I got bad news at work that same day (long story, basically I'm going to continue to have to work 2 jobs because another group stole one of my recent hires). There was lot's of crying both at home, and embarassingly, at work on Friday. At least there was wine last night after a long weekend of working.

I've decided I need to do something different, not quite sure how, to protect myself more from the disapointment of BFNs. I need to be less hopeful and just think about it all less. We'll see how well that works.  I want to come up with a plan for what to do if this continues to fail, but my wife's not quite on the same page yet. Right now, we've agreed to try a new donor for two more cycles after the next one (not that he's the problem). After that it will have been 6 tries and I want to move on to an RE, but my wife is not a fan of medical intervention, so we'll see if I can get her to agree. If it still didn't work after a year of trying, I'd want to try IVF for one round, and then give up.

ETA:

QOTW: My favorite thing about spring is my walk to and from work through the public garden. Each walk is different; new leaves have appeared, new flowers have blossomed, and everything is returning back to life little by little.

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• Options

@doodah1013 I'm so glad things are going better for you! I hope this is the beginning of a nice long streak of good luck.

I'm on CD2. This last BFN was brutal. We had an evap line at 13dpo that got our hopes up and then the BFN on 14dpo was devastating. I got bad news at work that same day (long story, basically I'm going to continue to have to work 2 jobs because another group stole one of my recent hires). There was lot's of crying both at home, and embarassingly, at work on Friday. At least there was wine last night after a long weekend of working.

I've decided I need to do something different, not quite sure how, to protect myself more from the disapointment of BFNs. I need to be less hopeful and just think about it all less. We'll see how well that works.  I want to come up with a plan for what to do if this continues to fail, but my wife's not quite on the same page yet. Right now, we've agreed to try a new donor for two more cycles after the next one (not that he's the problem). After that it will have been 6 tries and I want to move on to an RE, but my wife is not a fan of medical intervention, so we'll see if I can get her to agree. If it still didn't work after a year of trying, I'd want to try IVF for one round, and then give up.

ETA:

QOTW: My favorite thing about spring is my walk to and from work through the public garden. Each walk is different; new leaves have appeared, new flowers have blossomed, and everything is returning back to life little by little.

I'm so sorry for your BFN. The entire process of TTC is a complete mind-you-know-what. 

• Options
    Happy Monday - and thanks again for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately, regret is has been a persistent feeling when it comes to all things reproductive... e.g., I should have acted long ago, I should have left a closed door closed, I should have run through an open door when it was open, yadda yadda.  It's sucky - I don't feel this way about other aspects of my life.

Alas, we are on hold as we wade through a bunch of my partner's concerns and fears not previously out in the open.  Obviously this has to be done, but I am feeling blindsided.  We had planned to do the first IUI this month.  Now, instead, we are going away on a romantic weekend where I will likely, much to my own chagrin, be weirdly passive-aggressive.  Sigh.  I wish I could dis-invite myself from this vacation - we would have a better time without the current me.

I LOVE the cold, and typically, the more snow the better, but goodness, this winter was brutal.  I am most excited to get out of heavy boots and back into flip flops!   Dirty, disgusting urban life be damned, I want to wiggle my toes!
    Being on the same page and keeping a completely open, and honest dialogue is absolutely necessary in this process. I'm sorry you are feeling blindsided. I can't imagine what that must feel like. I would encourage you to talk openly to your partner, even if it is something she doesn't want to hear, and she should do the same with you. If you aren't on the same page, at least you will be able to determine your next steps. Wishing you the best of luck. 

• Options
    Well, we got the official bfn from the RE a bit ago. Even though we were pretty sure we were out, it's still devastating. We decided that taking the next few cycles off to really evaluate what we want is the best decision. We will revisit things in a few months.

• Options
    HollynLeanaHollynLeana member
    edited March 2014
    @GoaliesWife123‌ we are kind of in the same boat....we don't have the money to continue IUIs, it's a very emotional time for us too...I really hope you get a positive!
    @TwoMomsInTX‌ I have a hard time staying on track too, with my healthy choices...have you tried fit pal or a jawbone up?
    @AandStilltrying‌ it is so unfair....I'm sorry you had to see your neighbor with a new baby that day-that super sucks
    @doodah1013 congrats on the promotion! Awesome! Are you guys doing IUI again?
    @holdingthumbs you guys should try circle + bloom meditations!!! They really help with all the regretful and sad emotions.
    @sweetpea0307 I know how you feel....you will be on your 4th IUI as well right? I've become less obsessive (I was reallllly bad) about dr googling things and even bumping...the two new dogs are making me very happy and I am just trying to focus on other things...I had my 4th this morning and I barely flinched, I was feeling like a pro! You'll get em next time girl...until then..there's WINE!

4th IUI this am...I am staying hopeful and optimistic...after wash sperm count was 8 million...is that ok? The last 3 (diff donor) were like 16 million....I know it only takes one....but I want 100 million! I had 3 mature follicles all around 20 and a 9mm lining....so all was good...and I've been using circle + bloom, which I LOVE! So I set forth on my new TWW...and promise myself not to POAS until 11dpiui! Hope you all have a great week! Thanks for all the well wishes!!!

QOTW - I love the warmth coolness of spring....being able to breath outside and cure a vitamin D deficiency I'm sure I have! Connecticut is great and all but I love warmth and sunshine and it's cold 9 month out of the year! Time to move!!!

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 
    1st IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 10/14/13... BFP 10/26/13...                                                         
    EDD 7/1/14 ...MMC 11/22/13...D&C 11/25/13

2nd IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 1/15/14...BFN 

3rd IUI (unmedicated) 2/12/14...BFN
    4th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 3/10/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 4/4/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 5/2 & 5/3...BFN
    5th & 6th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 5/28 & 5/29...BFN
    7th & 8th IUI (follistim & ovidrel) 6/24 & 6/25....BFN

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Daisypath Friendship tickers

• Options
    @hollynleana Yup! We are onto another IUI this time. Unmonitored and unmedicated (we got our BFP on a UU cycle so we decided to proceed with that!)
    Our doc will do the IUI as long as the count is at least 5 mil. Our last count was 15.9 mil, but I know some people who have gotten BFPs with far less. I think it is more about the timing! So much good luck headed your way. Hoping for an easy TWW for ya!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    Thanks @doodah1013!  I am so glad you guys are getting right back on the TTC horse, or I guess back in the stirrups! (I know, I'm hysterical!).  People cautioned me against it, but it really helped me to focus some of my sadness on something else...I also love that you are unmedicated and unmonitored.  I got my BFP with clomid and ovidrel, but I am not a huge fan of either.  I have heavy franken ovaries and hot flashes...not to mention i want to slap everyone!  Good luck! Cheers to high sperm counts!

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 
    1st IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 10/14/13... BFP 10/26/13...                                                         
    EDD 7/1/14 ...MMC 11/22/13...D&C 11/25/13

2nd IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 1/15/14...BFN 

3rd IUI (unmedicated) 2/12/14...BFN
    4th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 3/10/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 4/4/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 5/2 & 5/3...BFN
    5th & 6th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 5/28 & 5/29...BFN
    7th & 8th IUI (follistim & ovidrel) 6/24 & 6/25....BFN

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Daisypath Friendship tickers

• Options
    I know my update is a couple of days late but work has been a little too busy.

A results showed that she did ovulate on her own. We are so excited about this all of her levels came back totally normal so we are moving forward with a natural cycle. Her first IUI will well be the last week of this month. Then we are headed on vacation, perfect timing we will be so busy for the TWW. 

Sending good thoughts and vibes to everyone :)

I love spring because it feels like everything just comes back to life with spring. The birds come back around, flowers bloom, trees get their leafs back. Its just a great refreshing season.

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options
    Hi all,

I took a break from the bump after my wife's miscarriage in Jan but started lurking recently. 

Luckily DW did not need a D&C. We found a new RE whom we love (and is much more conveniently located) and he put her on Clomid for this cycle so we'll be trying again in about 10 days. I'm grateful to be trying again, it has been a difficult couple months.

Best wishes to everyone, and thanks again for all your support.
    - - - 
    Me: 37  DW: 39 (carrier)
    Together 11 years ~ Married 4 years
    IUI #1 - Dec 2013 - Natural cycle, monitored, Ovidrel w/ one 19mm follicle on CD15, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm - BFP on 1/1/14 - natural mc on 1/31
    IUI #2 - March 2014 - Monitored, 100mg Clomid CD1-5. Ovidrel w/ one 22mm follicle on CD11, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm CD12-13... BFN
    IUI #3 - April 2014 - Monitored, 100mg Clomid CD1-5. Ovidrel w/ one 24mm follicle on CD13, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm CD14-15... BFP on 5/1/14 ... EDD: 1/10/15

• Options
    @GoaliesWife123‌ - I'm so sorry that you got a BFN.

@SweetPea0307 - I'm also sorry for your BFN. It is never an easy thing.

@doodah1013‌ - Congrats on the new job! I'm glad things are looking up for you both.

C and I have been on vacation. I have checked the board a few times but nothing much until now. TTC was the last thin on my mind, thankfully, since we left home on Friday. I'm at CD 14 right now. There will be no IUI for this current cycle due to my c/p and such. We shall start again with the next cycle.

QOTD: I'm most looking forward to the smell of dirt and the Spring flowers.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    Hello everyone! We are new here!

so I have some downtime at work today, and I'm reading all about TTC using donor sperm (From anonymous/ sperm bank). 

we havent gone to the Dr yet, we have been setting up some appts to do so (cardiologist, gyn, etc)

I thought we'd be spending $2-300 a shot or a month. 

Well the more I read... people suggest trying 3x per cycle @ "washed" sperm so we are talking $1000-1200. TIMES however many months.... 

Then I read some info re: birth certificates and even though we are legally married and can put both names on, they are state granted... so there are a lot of legalities federally where we may have to do a 2nd parent adoption ~$2-3000 with lawyer fees etc. 

Then, if we have infertility issues... they arent covered by our insurance. $$$$ 10,20,30K.....

How do people do this!!!!
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mrs&mrsk

Welcome and thanks for joining us! Be sure to introduce yourself to the group and jump right in. If you search through the threads there are a lot of great resources and answers to all your questions.

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"