LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

2»

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options

@newmompeanut - very good point about needing to wear pads during the night for leaking.  I'm not a leaker, so didn't think about that!

@KH826 - I don't have as much lift as I prefer, but it just is what it is for right now.  I've always had a supply that is "just enough" - which I realize now is actually ideal, but it also means I can't chance impacting my supply negatively.  Also, I'm prone to plugged ducts and underwire would probably exacerbate that problem.  Some women may wear underwire and be just fine.  I think your best bet will be to get professionally fitted by someone experienced in nursing bras so you can be comfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ATXmommas said:
    That is plum horrifying! Anyone wanting to purchase those should ready this article on the impact of electronic devices on kids - recommending zero device or TV time until age 2:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/cris-rowan/10-reasons-why-handheld-devices-should-be-banned_b_4899218.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

I'm only hoping I can adhere to their recommendations...I suppose you never know until you are in it! :)

Now, that iPad toilet stand would be cool for adults. Just sayin'. :P
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    ATXmommas said:
    That is plum horrifying! Anyone wanting to purchase those should ready this article on the impact of electronic devices on kids - recommending zero device or TV time until age 2:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/cris-rowan/10-reasons-why-handheld-devices-should-be-banned_b_4899218.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

I'm only hoping I can adhere to their recommendations...I suppose you never know until you are in it! :)

Now, that iPad toilet stand would be cool for adults. Just sayin'. :P
    Thanks for posting @ATXMommas and @2Mamazinseattle
    I've be struggling a little with the "no technology" rule we try to practice.  Kaden gets less than 1 hr per week, but I use it to learn sing-a-long songs from youtube, and watch the occasional cartoon. It's been hard to move back in the other direction. I see why people use TV so much with kids - its  a great distraction that keeps them occupied. My biggest problem is him seeing us on our iphones or laptops - even if its for school, or paying bills its still not ideal.  It's been really hard to "unplug" as I've heard it called, since I think I'm addicted.  This article is serving as more inspiration though - we'll see if we can change some things around.  Just what I needed to read today.

In regards to bra's I have no advice, in fact I've learned a lot. As a SAHM I've been sporting the "sports bra" since Kaden weaned.  I need to plan a bra shopping trip to prep for Owen's arrival and stock up.

@ball.and.chain - we loved the Mimijumi, Thinkbaby and the Comotomo for baby bottles.  We tried a few glass bottles (which are easy to heat) but were too heavy for us, and Kaden. We stored our milk in glass containers and heated those in water instead.  The Mimi and Como both had wide nipples which were supposedly good for BF babies.  I agree with PP though that maybe getting a variety to try out would be good - then buy your (and Mr. Baby's) favorites.  Kaden rejected several bottle/nipple types before we found the ones that worked for him.  I also rarely used the big sizes (up to 6oz) was plenty for us, even when he was older.

• Options
    @jazibel and @2MamazInSeattle‌ - an update on the screen recommendations

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4957527?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000037

Now bring on the iPad potty! (I kid, I kid.) :P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ATXmommas said:

@jazibel and @2MamazInSeattle‌ - an update on the screen recommendations

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4957527?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000037

Now bring on the iPad potty! (I kid, I kid.) :P

Interesting! It does make sense that an interactive game or learning activity would make sense. I worry more about trusting myself not to get lazy and let the play more than they should for my convenience! I think it would be hard to dial back in like @jazibel said. I guess we'll see how I do...however, J is super opposed, reality may change her mind a bit! Thx for sharing!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    @jazibel and @2MamazInSeattle‌ - an update on the screen recommendations https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4957527?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000037 Now bring on the iPad potty! (I kid, I kid.) :P
    Interesting! It does make sense that an interactive game or learning activity would make sense. I worry more about trusting myself not to get lazy and let the play more than they should for my convenience! I think it would be hard to dial back in like @jazibel said. I guess we'll see how I do...however, J is super opposed, reality may change her mind a bit! Thx for sharing!
    It's so hard to say what's best. I have friends that are super Waldorfy, only wooden toys, and cloth, etc.  and others that have everything battery operated you can imagine and the TV going most of the time.  Both toddlers are amazing, loveable kids.  I like that we "save" technology for when we need it, like when he's sick I turn a movie on and we watch it together. Or for plane flights, etc. Then its really special and it "works". 

Thanks for sharing the links (and your thoughts) :-)

Now if  anyone has an article on how to become "un-addicted" to one's iphone let me know. Kaden could take it or leave it - but I think I might throw a temper tantrum ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"