Birthday Parties

School Bus Theme

Hi all - 
I'm *just* starting to plan, but figured I'd pick your brains in the process :)  I"m doing a school bus theme party for DD's birthday.  I'm going to do a school bus cake and use black and yellow as the colors.  It's not going to be a big bash, and I'm pretty sure we're not going to have any kids there.  So, yes, the theme is pretty much because I LOVE planning parties (hence why I lurk on this board ALL THE TIME).  Though DD will probably flip when she sees the cake.  Any ideas you have are much appreciated.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: School Bus Theme

• Super cute.  I take it you have a "Wheels on the Bus" fan?

We just got this for a little 3 year old we know and I would probably use it as a centerpiece - because it becomes something your daughter can keep after.  (It's by Melissa and Doug)

Depending on the size of the party, I would serve the food in brown paper bags or mini-backpacks, like a "school lunch."  Each bag would have a drink (juice box/milk/soda) a sandwich (pb&j, turkey, ham & cheese) a piece of fruit (apple, orange, banana) and a bag of chips or cookies.  (Obviously if you're doing a morning thing it can be breakfast appropriate)

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No ideas. Love the theme! I found great ideas on pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • I love the lunch bag idea!  Thanks!  We have the Melissa and Doug bus already - it was a Christmas present.  Funny enough, she's not into the song, but whenever we see a bus the world comes to a stop so she can point it out to us :)  It worked to DH's advantage yesterday - she was throwing a tantrum in the car until she saw a bus!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"