Starving — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Starving

Ds is 7 months and I'm still starving all the time. Is that normal. I've been working out more. How much more should I be eating? Any filling snacks/meals you can recommend?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Starving

• Are you getting enough water and protein? I like granola-type bars with oats, honey or peanut butter for snacks.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thank you for this recipe. I will try this myself. I know how everyone feels.

That was normal for me. I know I was constantly hungry for the first 10 months or so. I would joke to DH that every week I could count on one hand the number of moments I felt full in the past week. I'm a healthy weight, my supply was always fine, DS is following his growth curve perfectly, and I slowly lost my pregnancy weight over 9 months like my MW wanted, so I figure everything is as it should be.

My favorite guilt free snack are these banana oatmeal cookies.

3 mashed bananas
    2 c. oats
    1/4 c. milk or milk substitute
    1/2 c. dried fruit
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.

• edited March 2014
    Guess I've given in to my feelings of being starved, because I've packed on the pounds, which I am now desperately trying to lose for my health sake. I was told on my post that a lot of times the issue is needing more water and protein, so I've been doing just that. So far so good.
  • I think I have been in a constant state of hungary since dd was born. Seriously before we left for the hospital I had a nice breakfast. A couple hours later she was here and I was begging dh to get me food. I think I might have been full a total of 5 times in the past year!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • I will also try the Banana oatmeal cookies recipe. :)
  • Eating a big breakfast with fat and protein seems to help me some.  Peanut butter and chicken sausage are two suggestions.  I also make smoothies in the blender - OJ, bananas, and mango or strawberries.  You can buy the frozen fruit already cut up and it's really fast and helps fill me.  Oh, and avocado.
    [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards