Breastfeeding
Options

Starving

Ds is 7 months and I'm still starving all the time. Is that normal. I've been working out more. How much more should I be eating? Any filling snacks/meals you can recommend?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Starving

• Options
    Are you getting enough water and protein? I like granola-type bars with oats, honey or peanut butter for snacks.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for this recipe. I will try this myself. I know how everyone feels.

That was normal for me. I know I was constantly hungry for the first 10 months or so. I would joke to DH that every week I could count on one hand the number of moments I felt full in the past week. I'm a healthy weight, my supply was always fine, DS is following his growth curve perfectly, and I slowly lost my pregnancy weight over 9 months like my MW wanted, so I figure everything is as it should be.

My favorite guilt free snack are these banana oatmeal cookies.

3 mashed bananas
    2 c. oats
    1/4 c. milk or milk substitute
    1/2 c. dried fruit
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Guess I've given in to my feelings of being starved, because I've packed on the pounds, which I am now desperately trying to lose for my health sake. I was told on my post that a lot of times the issue is needing more water and protein, so I've been doing just that. So far so good.
  • Options
    I think I have been in a constant state of hungary since dd was born. Seriously before we left for the hospital I had a nice breakfast. A couple hours later she was here and I was begging dh to get me food. I think I might have been full a total of 5 times in the past year!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Options
    I will also try the Banana oatmeal cookies recipe. :)
  • Options
    Eating a big breakfast with fat and protein seems to help me some.  Peanut butter and chicken sausage are two suggestions.  I also make smoothies in the blender - OJ, bananas, and mango or strawberries.  You can buy the frozen fruit already cut up and it's really fast and helps fill me.  Oh, and avocado.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"