July 2013 Moms
Options

Shit just got real...

2»

Re: Shit just got real...

• Options
    Wow. Just, oh man what an arse he is being!! I get the car/ truck thing- DH 's hobby is rebuilding Porsches and Audis. HOWEVER, that all came to a hault when he also wanted to have a child. He gripes here and there but he knows my response and doesn't want to hear it.

Dude I'm so sorry you're dealing with this and having tension that really isn't warranted.

Kudos to you for being the responsible adult in this situation. He needs to get over it. Hang in there and keep us posted. Sending you a hug!
  • Options
    Ugh, just saw the update that it's not even a vehicle that he drives or knows how to fix!!!  TP to your H.  Hope he gets over this FAST because his family is way more important.  Hugs to you, I know how it is to go around and around about issues that keep coming up in arguments (ie, his moving issue).  Hang in there, mama.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this level of immaturity on his behalf. To have $6500 sitting in the garage when they are needed for a legitimate financial reason is kind of a no-brainer decision.

Hopefully he will get over it as best as he can and realize that life is too short to care about the crap no one uses in the garage. He's choosing to be miserable over this. You have no control over that.

Huge hugs Carrie!

imageimage

• Options

He is now posting pictures of it to facebook like a dead friend... the one is with Josephine in her infant carrier (same age as Parker) sitting on the passenger side... Seriously I don't think he'd be this upset if something happened to me... good grief. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    ugh I'm so sorry. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    Sorry, Carrie :( Love the meme, guys!
  • Options
    Sorry you're dealing with this. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

He is now posting pictures of it to facebook like a dead friend... the one is with Josephine in her infant carrier (same age as Parker) sitting on the passenger side... Seriously I don't think he'd be this upset if something happened to me... good grief. 

Oh FFS.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    There is no saying that eventually you will emerge from the financial situation that you are struggling with and he can't have that car again.

How old is he? 30? There is a lot of life left to live.
    Last year husband gave up his sporty Acura for an SUV type Acura. He was sad but realized it was the thing we had to do.
    It was nothing like the situation you are experiencing but sacrifice would be called something else if it was easy.
    Vent away...but I think counseling is imminent and I would start soon before more feelings are hurt beyond repair.

Bonus: 

• Options
    That's a good update Carrie! I hope this upswings continues. :)
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm glad this took a positive turn. It's ok to mourn the loss of a material possession but have the big picture in mind. :) Yay for pizza and flowers. :) 
  • Options
    Glad he came around :)  I had a hard time selling my first car.  It wasnt for the same reason but we just didnt need it anymore/replaced it.  But it was MINE.  I paid for it myself...it was my first "big girl" purchase.  And since I was more SAHM by the time we got another vehicle...to me...they dont feel like mine, but DHs since he makes the money.  I did get a nice 2 day girls trip out of it :)  And we sold it to a friends dad...so I still get to see it ;)
  • Options
    Glad it's better now! Counseling could still help with communication issues. I'm dealing with those issues with DH now too and we've discussed counseling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad he smartened up, and tried to make up. :0)
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I'm sorry, hopefully he won't hold it against you for long. You gotta do what you gotta do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"