July 2013 Moms
Options

Shit just got real...

In the Carrie3102 household.

If you remember a few weeks back my rant about student loans and how mine were sold and the new company won't honor my payment arrangement that I had.

Well we were going to do a home equity line of credit to help cover the loan payments for two years but there was a 10% payoff penalty if paid off in less than 5 yrs. So our plan was to pay it off in 3,
that was a no go.

So I may have forced Jason to put his truck up on craigslist. He didn't speak to me for three days. Yesterday was better.. but today it sold and now I'm back on "punishment" he hasn't spoken to me since. The guy is here to pick it up now and you guys I think he may cry.

I am betting that he will leave me over this.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Shit just got real...

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's what I told him but he's seriously acting like a 2 yr old throwing a tantrum

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm sorry! Sounds rough. :(
  • Options
    I did yesterday and he straightened up but the thing actually going is well recreating the beast.

• Options
    It is really hard to sell something you love. We had to sell my husbands F150 so we could afford my maternity leave. We were both heartbroken, even though it was what was best for us financially. Even though it was a mutual decision, I cried when they took it away, and we didn't talk to each other for three days.

It still hurts. I still love that truck. Hopefully he comes to terms with making the right financial choice. It doesn't make it any easier, but it makes it acceptable......

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Well @somerandomchick I would like to think you are right. Just feels like that may not be the case with all the snide remarks I am getting since he came in... 4 in 2 minutes.

• Options
    I'm sorry Carrie. :(

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I hope he gets over it quickly. Family is more important than a vehicle.
  • Options
    Sorry you have to go through all this and then DH is acting out. He'll get over it in time.

• Options
    He just slammed 6500 bucks on the table and walked out... he's just sitting on the porch.

Look I get disappointment but I never hold what I don't get to do against him. Like laser eye surgery, an SUV, a nice vacation. But I never once tried to make him feel bad about it, infact I try to do the exact opposite.

• Options
    I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. Maybe if you give him space for a couple of days he will be able to look at the situation appropriately....and by appropriately I mean like a grown up. You are in a partnership and sometimes these things happen and have to be taken care of.....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry. That really, really sucks :( like really bad.
  • Options
    :( I'm sorry.

Bonus: 

• Options
    Ugh man, so so sorry you're going through this! Hopefully he gets over it soon and stops taking it out on you. Hugs to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope he comes around. I don't think you should feel guilty. You're smart and just making a smart and difficult decision.
  • Options
    That really sucks. Hopefully now that it is gone he'll calm down in a day or two. Out of sight, out of mind? I hope things get better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry your going through this!
  • Options
    oh...shitty deal. I doubt he will leave you, and he will get over it. It sucks that he is sulking. I would give him some space, and although he is being a d*ck this is probably massively hard on him and being a man he is probably not in a place where he can consider anyone's feelings but his own and you are someone he can vent on. It's not fair but hopefully he smartens up soon and apologizes. If he apologizes you might consider offering up a BJ...that usually cheers my guy up.
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    My husband sold his dream car (his choice) so we could by a house and start our life together.... he was so sad and we weren't allowed to talk about it at first but I think he would do it all over again if he had to....he will forgive
  • Options

He just slammed 6500 bucks on the table and walked out... he's just sitting on the porch.

Look I get disappointment but I never hold what I don't get to do against him. Like laser eye surgery, an SUV, a nice vacation. But I never once tried to make him feel bad about it, infact I try to do the exact opposite.

You're a good wife. I know this is no consolation, but more hugs for you. >:D<

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Student loans are evil! I'm so sorry that you're going thru this
  • Options
    :(  I'm sorry Carrie!! I feel that a come to jesus meeting about finances is quickly approaching in our household as well and I'm afraid of this very thing happening... I hope that YH can get over the disappointment quickly and realize that he shouldn't be taking it out on you.
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Options
    Huge hugs! I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that. Like pp's said, you've got to do what's best for your family.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well, after we went to bed we were talking about a job interview he has next week, and a new swing set for the kiddos, and then out of seemingly nowhere he starts spouting off about how he really wants to move home and I'm never going to move and blah blah blah, and I said, look, if you are that miserable, why did you ever agree to move here?  He said, to be with you.  I said, and now I'm no longer enough?  To which he started yelling about how all we ever do is go in circles etc.  I said, look what do you want to do?  You're not happy here, I'd be miserable there, so what do we do?  He said, "whatever you want Carrie." (please read the sarcastic font)  I slept on the couch, I couldn't be around him.

This morning he at least spoke in a civil tone to tell me he didn't care what I said he was stopping at mcdonalds for breakfast.  and said goodbye... it's going to be a long weekend my friends, feels like he may finally be boiling over and ready to "tell me off".

• Options
    I'm so sorry, i hope this rough patch passes quickly. Hugs!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    Yikes.  I hope everything is okay and that things turn around.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. I hope he doesn't value his truck over your relationship.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options

You guys do know the kicker right?  This is the 1951 chevy that has been sitting in my garage doing nothing for 2 years...  He's NEVER EVEN DRIVEN IT!!! It doesn't run.  He doesn't have a clue how to fix it, and was never going to... it was just about HAVING it.

He still has his 2010 dodge that we bought brand new and pay 545/mo on... good lord, get a fucking grip dude. 

• Options

You guys do know the kicker right?  This is the 1951 chevy that has been sitting in my garage doing nothing for 2 years...  He's NEVER EVEN DRIVEN IT!!! It doesn't run.  He doesn't have a clue how to fix it, and was never going to... it was just about HAVING it.

He still has his 2010 dodge that we bought brand new and pay 545/mo on... good lord, get a fucking grip dude. 

Omg. My sympathy for your husband ends there. Sweet Jesus!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Like I've been trying to be understanding, and I get that someday he wanted to have it fixed up and running, but for fuck sake, it wasn't the time for it when he bought it and I told him that... I said just wait until we get some stuff paid off and get into the house we want... then we'll save up and buy one that RUNS... but no.

I'm fed up with having 3 kids...I don't always have 3 kids but when I do the oldest is the worst.

Meme anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"