C-sections

Won't dilate / scar tissue ?

I had to have an emergency c section . I went to the hospital with transitional type labor , 5 min ( no joke) long contractions , vomiting, etc . However I wasn't dilating ( no meds btw ) and then my baby's heart rate kept dropping . The nurses kept asking me if I had surgery done on my cervix or any reason for scar tissue on my cervix . My question is how do you get scar tissue on your cervix ? Has anyone else experienced this ?

Re: Won't dilate / scar tissue ?

• I have no personal experience. I would think you would know if you somehow had scar tissue on your cervix. I know some people require a cervical cerclage during pregnancy, and that could cause a little scar tissue, I would think. Also, perhaps some STDs would cause scar tissue. Did they give you any explanations?
  • They kept asking me that when I went into labor with lo and I didn't understand why at the time (you know, contractions and all).  I never progressed past 4 cm, with pitocen, and eventually had an emergency s/c.  But after talking with family and friends afterward, I think I might know why they were asking: severe endometriosis runs in my family (I'm talking I am one of the few to get k/u without a laparoscopy being done first).  I'm wondering if the scar tissue isn't from the endo...  So if you have endo, it could be from that... just a theory. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Interesting about STDs. I've never tested positive for the common ones . But maybe a symptom free strand of hpv ? My doctor gave no explanation . He said he had no idea why I wasn't dilating .
  • I just had my first LO 3/12 I was induced with Cytotec first, then cervadil. Then, I was on and off pitocin for 20 hours, OB broke my water and after 36 total hours I had only progressed to barely a 2. Right before my c/s, OB asked if I had ever had a cone leep before. I had, and she said that could cause scar tissue.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Similar story here - the answer eludes me as I never had any procedures, infections, endo, or STD's. The doctor and nurse were baffled. I had a CS and will be having another one in July.
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"