Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Memorial/Healing ideas?

I would've been 10 weeks today; instead I had a D&C yesterday. I need to begin healing, so here's what I've done:
1. Bought a charm bracelet from Hobby Lobby w/ an angel charm, a 'made with love' heart, and what would've been the baby's birth stone;
2. Requested & just received from the OB copies of our ultrasound images;
3. Made a photo book to have printed that has our announcement photos, ultrasound pic, etc.;
4. Bought a journal in which I'll write my story (and one for my 9-year-old daughter in case she wants to write too); 
5. Got a couple prayer rocks, one says 'Trust' and the other 'He is my rock'; and 
6. Bought a memory box to put everything in.

I was surprised that there is so little online as far as ideas for what to do other than purchase a necklace or ornament.  Is anyone else doing something special?

Re: Memorial/Healing ideas?

• Options
    These were all very sweet ideas. Thank you for sharing them.
  • Options
    We are deciding on either a tree, or flowers to plant in our garden. Our babies would have been born in August, so we would love something that blooms in the summer months...

I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you all the best for the future...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing!
    I too lost our baby this week and have been struggling to come up with ideas to help with healing and memorial. 
    I had started a SMASH book, that I had received for Christmas, to journal in as the pregnancy progressed.  I think I will add the announcement picture, my first bump picture, and journal through my healing process in there.
    We have also decided to name the baby, even though we don't know if it was a girl or a boy.  We think it will help in the healing process to refer to the child by name.  Its hard though, because we had always referred to the baby as "Baby T."
    I have also been looking on Etsy for different jewelry pieces.   I would like to have something with the name on it, and maybe a phrase such as "Born in heaven"  O think I have decided against putting a date on it, bc it wasn't his/her birthdate, and I think our baby died before I actually miscarried.  I also wasn't sure on birthstone, bc we weren't  sure of an exact date, our baby could have been born in two months.  I have thought about baby feet?  Im not sure, which is why I haven't been able to order anything.  Maybe bc of how final it will seem?
    I like the idea of a memory box.  A place to keep everything together, yet it doesn't have to be out all the time. 
    We had also considered planting a tree or flowers, but as this is not our forever home, we wouldn't want to leave it behind.
    Im glad this thread has been started.  Thank you.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for you loss. I just found out I was miscarried this past Tuesday.  It's been rough.  Today, I found myself in our local flower store.  My baby would have been born in October.  I found a cyclamen plant that had pink flowers and it just felt right for me.  October birthstones are either opals or tourmalines (orange or pink).  It can live for quite some time and fits perfectly on my nightstand next to the picture of my boys.  For me, it will be a reminder of my October baby...we hadn't had a chance to think of a name.  I don't know if that helps.  
  • Options
    I have one ultrasound picture that I saved in my book.  There's a church near me that keeps a book of baby names for babies that were unborn, due to miscarriage, abortion, etc.  You choose a name and they put it in the book and they pray for those babies.  It definitely helped to name my baby - we chose a name that can go for a boy or a girl since we weren't sure what we were having.  I also plan on getting some sort of bracelet with a birth stone but I'm not sure what stone to get.  I planned on getting the stone for the month it was supposed to be born in but I'm not sure if I should get it for when I actually miscarried.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"