July 2014 Moms
Options

Do you like this name? (Need your honest opinions please!!)

2»

Answers

• Options
    I think it sounds lovely together! My son's name is Holland so I am obviously a fan of place names :)
  • Options
    Whenever I hear the name London I think of the stupid rich Asian girl from The Suite Life of Zach and Cody and probably wouldn't be able to take anyone with that name seriously.

I don't love it or hate it. It's NMS but it's definitely not cringe worthy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Names of cities do not belong as children's names. Just my opinion.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    I would say go with Beatrice London, as a PP suggested. You can call her Bea as a little nickname.

I love originality, but think of her job interviews, getting picked for a sports team, etc.... I have a very difficult, yet unique first name, and STILL it crosses my mind to change it because it takes people a minute to pronounce it or get it.
  • Options
    I looooove Beatrice. Why not Beatrice London? You could call her Bea or Trixie or something.

(Someone might've mentioned this. I'm too lazy to look through the thread.)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Options
    I like it a lot my husband is pushing for Aspen if we have a girl so I can totally understand the name after a place thing!! Every name can be made fun of so just go for it!!
  • Options
    @funnibunni80   yeah I prefer full names. For example my DD's name is Annalisa, people would ask me, "are you going to call her Anna or Lisa" "If I wanted to call her Anna or Lisa I would have named her Anna or Lisa." I don't dislike nicknames I just don't think of them as necessary, and I don't pick names based on if there is a nickname the goes well with it.
    Annalisa is a nice name... but be careful what you give her as a middle name.  I've heard of an Analisa Joy  (Anal - is - a - joy)  NOT GOOD  :(

@funnibunni80   yeah I prefer full names. For example my DD's name is Annalisa, people would ask me, "are you going to call her Anna or Lisa" "If I wanted to call her Anna or Lisa I would have named her Anna or Lisa." I don't dislike nicknames I just don't think of them as necessary, and I don't pick names based on if there is a nickname the goes well with it.
    Annalisa is a nice name... but be careful what you give her as a middle name.  I've heard of an Analisa Joy  (Anal - is - a - joy)  NOT GOOD  :(
    Her name is Annalisa Ruth (Ruth was DH's grandmother's name)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I kind of like London, which is strange for me since I am usually into more traditional names. I do hate the name Beatrice though.
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I love the meaning behind Beatrice for you, but it is one of the old lady names making a come back that I personally don't like.

Of all the place names to name a kid, I really don't mind London. It's nms but it's pretty.

Don't get anything embroidered yet... sit with it, call her name up the stairs (or down the hall) and see how you feel saying it, do whatever you need to feel comfortable before committing.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

BabyFruit Ticker>
  • Options
    I like it!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I read some where that the popular baby names for 2014 will be old relative names. So I guess it means you are trendy. :) and I love the way they sound together. If you like it go for it. It's your baby. ☺️
  • Options
    justgery said:

I read some where that the popular baby names for 2014 will be old relative names. So I guess it means you are trendy. :) and I love the way they sound together. If you like it go for it. It's your baby.

I didn't know how to edit. I found the article. https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4393782/
  • Options
    I don't mind either of the names on their own, but I don't think they go together well. London is sort of trendy/hipster to me and Beatrice is more classic/old lady. 

I feel like London could be a name that in 10 years is really dated, however. Place names are so trendy (I have a friend who named her son Boston - feel the same way about that name) that I don't think they'll age well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I love it!  But I love names that aren't super common.  I have always been the only one with my name (Chanel) and I like not having to share my name...lol
  • Options
    My question is, if you've already decided on the name, why are you asking for opinions on it?  Not asking to be snarky, I really am curious.  I personally think if you absolutely love a name for your child and it means something to you, you shouldn't really care what anyone else thinks (unless it is something truly god-awful/inappropriate).
    That said, since you asked for opinions, I'm really not a fan of place names in general and not a big fan of London as a person's name.   I do like that Beatrice reminds me of the Ramona Quimby books, but neither is a name I would ever pick for my kid.
    As a PP suggested, I like Beatrice London better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagephoto Candle_zps6cecf456.png 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    It's definitely NMS, but at least it's spelled properly :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"