1st Trimester
Options

Riding lawn mower and really bumpy yard...is it safe?

I'm currently 7 weeks with my second baby. Normally I wouldn't think twice about mowing the lawn, but I went into preterm labor with my 1st at only 25 weeks. Now I'm concerned about doing anything that gave me contractions with my 1st pregnancy...which was pretty much anything, including doing nothing but sitting on the couch.

So my question is, do you think it's safe to mow my extremely bumpy yard with a riding lawn mower? My husband is working 18 hour days and it really needs done. I mowed part of it early today. It took about 45 minutes, and I've had some slight cramping for the last hour or so since I stopped. It's not painful, but it just feels kind of tight. Now I'm really worried that I shouldn't have done that.

Anyone with any experience with preterm labor or anyone who has asked their doctor about this, I would love to hear your opinion!

Re: Riding lawn mower and really bumpy yard...is it safe?

• Options
    I would probably ask your OB- but with a history of such an early preterm labor, I wouldn't be taking any risks.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemommatotwo2:
    I would probably ask your OB- but with a history of such an early preterm labor, I wouldn't be taking any risks.

This.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemommatotwo2:

Agreed.  Talk to your OB, make sure you don't have any risk factors like placenta previa which require pelvic area rest, and if you start to feel any pain definitely stop and take it easy.  Don't push yourself to do something you feel like you can't...your safety is the most important thing right now.
  • Options
    kar2480kar2480 member
    After I realized I was cramping a little, I decided the same thing. It's not worth the possible complications. I have an appointment with my midwife next Thursday, but I was hoping someone out there may have some first hand knowledge. Thanks for your responses!
  • Options
    Just relaxe talk to your doctor you dont want to stress out the baby or yourself
    Francean
  • Options
    I didn't have preterm labor but I had bleeding after going on a hayride when I was pregnant with my youngest.  I try to avoid anything similar. It sounds like you know when to call it quits though.  Any teenage boys in the neighborhood that want to make a quick buck?  =)
  • Options
    imagemommatotwo2:
    I would probably ask your OB but with a history of such an early preterm labor, I wouldn't be taking any risks.

Yup. Ask your OB.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I asked my doctor yesterday about mowing the yard.  I didnt ask about it being bumpy because I use a push mower.  My boyfriend isn't here to do a lot of yardwork but she said it was OK as long as I didn't get dehydrated and to do it in the morning when it was cool out.  

Glad to see im not the only one mowing the grass lol

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"