September 2013 Moms
Options

Chapped lips (NBR)

What do you all use for chapped lips? I use Chapstick every day, and don't generally get chapped lips because of this. The last 2 weeks or so, however, my lips are awful! Chapped, dry, peeling. I have been using Aquaphor or Vaseline every night, and switching off between Carmex and Aquaphor lip therapy during the day. Nothing is helping! Any recommendations? For what it's worth, I don't like blistex or Burt's bees lip products.

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chapped lips (NBR)

• Options
    If you have leftover nipple cream like Lansinoh, you can try that. My lips were awful at the hospital and it helped.
  • Options
    EOS lip balm is really good and I believe all natural. @joi922
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine were so chapped they were bleeding (ew and ouch) I used the EOS lip balm alll the time and within 2 days it was cleared up.
    imagephoto b8nyaejpg.gifImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I use blistex medicated and
    Typically within one day they are cured

• Options
    Make a sugar scrub with coconut oil! Pinterest would probably have done good simple recipes for it.
  • Options
    I second making a scrub of some sort. Exfoliate all the dead skin off then moisturize. If you know a Mary Kay salesperson, they have a lip mask that works wonders!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Toby, my furry baby
  • Options
    Nivea lip balm is my life saver. If it's really bad get the "recovery" type if not "smoothing" works well. My lips get really bad ever since I had DS and that is all that works for me. Chapstick burns so badly for me, I've always had very sensitive skin.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    I've been using a thick layer of lanolin at bedtime and EOS during the day.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options

I do vaseline at night, but I agree that lanolin is the key when they get really bad.  If you use too much lip balm, you actually stop producing the natural secretions that keep your lips moist, so that may be part of your problem.

Didn't know that. I use Chapstick constantly so that could definitely be the problem.

• Options
    Vaseline! It's the best and won't dry your lips out like lip balms can do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"