January 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    @mamap19 - take your cat to the groomers, they can groom the hair on her butt to keep the poop from sticking.

FFFC - i love the frozen soundtrack and listen to it even when alone. I turn "let it go" up loud in the car, and sometimes it even gives me chills. Yes, I'm a dork and I'm ok with that.

• Options
    Ok a real FFFC... I've started checking work email and I went in yesterday to introduce LO. Now I am so annoyed by my staff and the way they are f**ing up my programs that I just want to send bitchy emails from my couch and jammies. Not that I want to go back to the office yet, mind you. Just be snarky from afar. >:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok a real FFFC... I've started checking work email and I went in yesterday to introduce LO. Now I am so annoyed by my staff and the way they are f**ing up my programs that I just want to send bitchy emails from my couch and jammies. Not that I want to go back to the office yet, mind you. Just be snarky from afar. >:)

This is me minus taking LO to the office. Thankfully, they haven't copied me on a lot but what I have seen indicates folks are clearly dropping the ball in my absence which pisses me off.

• Options
    I've been lying to DH and telling him that DD was fussy during the day even though she has been basically an angel baby this week sleeping in long stretches and being playfully alert. I don't want DH thinking I'm kicking up my heels and eating Bon bons during the day. I'd rather him think I was suffering a little so he is very willing to take DD during her fussy period right after my older kids go to sleep. :)

• Options

kiki1978 said:

My son is two months old today and I'm still wearing maternity clothes. They are so comfy for my c-section belly and I honestly have no clue where my regular pants are!  

I want to wear maternity pants forever! Elastic waistbands are way more comfy than the others. Why do they even make pants without them?! ;)
    People can fit in their pre pregnancy jeans?? My hips seemed to have widened. Down to pre preggo weight but jeans not even a close fit (as of last week haven't tried this week at all)
  • Options

I pumped while I drove on the highway today.

Similar, I nursed in the car wash the other day.

• Options
    I had an awful breastfeeding experience with my DS. He would not latch, I would barely produce anything, pumping didn't help at all. I beat myself up so bad about it. It was awful, and I felt like shit about myself. With this baby, although I can't produce enough for her to be EBF, she breastfeeds well for the most part, and I love it. I know when I go back to work it is going to be the beginning if the end, and that makes me really upset. I know a pump just does not stimulate me enough to keep my supply up, and my supply is not great to begin with. I already am taking every supplement there is to try to keep producing something. I told myself I would not hate on myself this time like I did with my first, but some of those thoughts are coming back. Why does this have to be so hard for me!

My first child was a very difficult baby. He did not sleep more than 45 minutes to an hour and a half stretches for a long, long time. He never really STTN until he was 3 years old. He had torticollis, acid reflux, severe poop issues and eating issues. My DD is such a dream. She sleeps 5-6 hours at a time at night, she nurses, she takes a bottle, she is happy, her poop is normal and she is a great napper. I feel like I hit the jackpot and enjoy her more than I did my son at this age.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Options
    It's not that juicy but I think it's pretty funny:

I just called DH a bastard for finishing the last of the Diet Coke in the house.

Let me explain: All through my pregnancy, Diet Coke and alcohol were the only things that I completely cut out. Cold cuts? Bring it on. That stuff didn't scare me. The chemicals and fake sugar in the Diet Coke made me a little leery so I decided to cut back and later, cut it out of my diet completely.

I just had some lunch and was really craving a DC so I opened the fridge, ready to treat myself, and there's no more DC!

I'm super tempted to call DH at work and make him pick me up some on his way home. Hormones? Maybe.
    image   image  image
  • Options
    Sometimes I get annoyed when H tries to help me with Norah. For example if he tries to change her diaper when she wakes up in the night, he takes way longer than me and is not as smooth at it, so she usually ends up crying. Then he stands there holding her trying to comfort her, when I could calm her in seconds with the boob. I bite my tongue because he is trying to be helpful and I don't want to discourage him from being a hands on dad or make him feel insecure.
    I also find myself hovering and telling him what to do when he is caring for her during the day, like the first time he bathed her. I really need to step back and trust him. I never thought I'd be this micro-managing wife/mother and don't want to be. He really is a great dad, I just need to relax my type A/controlling tendencies.
  • Options
    berenely said:

I just called DH a bastard for finishing the last of the Diet Coke in the house.

*snip*

I'm super tempted to call DH at work and make him pick me up some on his way home. Hormones? Maybe.
    @berenely -- did you call him a bastard to his face or over the phone? Or just to yourself?
  • Options
    berenelyberenely member
    edited February 2014
    berenely said:

*snip*

@berenely -- did you call him a bastard to his face or over the phone? Or just to yourself?
    As of now, just to myself. But we will be having a discussion when he gets home and it will come up again.

Edit: I guess the reason I find this funny is because it's uncharacteristically unlike me. Normally, I wouldn't let this bother me, but I had my heart set on a Diet Coke, damn it!
    :((
    image   image  image
  • Options
    This is really dumb on all levels.. SO and I went to a bday party for his friend's daughter and they had a slideshow of her first year starting with an ultrasound and maternity photos of his friends. SO is now regretting not taking any maternity photos and its actually his fault because he didn't want to do it. He jokingly suggested we get pregnant again so by DD's bday l'll have a bump and we'll say its DD in the photo. I'm not getting pregnant again for the sake of a photo on a stupid slideshow!
  • Options

DS sleeps in his crib at night but when he wakes up at 5am I let him sleep in my bed. I always said I'd never let my baby sleep with me but I'm too damn tired to function otherwise. Oops.

Your kid already sleeps till 5am?  I wouldn't even know what to do with myself after that much sleep.  I'd be thanking my lucky stars tho for sure

He wakes up at 11pm, 2am, and 5am ha. It would be awesome if he slept through the night though!
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    I'm making DH stay at his parents house for a night as punishment for never helping me with DS. It's not like he's here anyways.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13

image  image
  • Options
    I'm making DH stay at his parents house for a night as punishment for never helping me with DS. It's not like he's here anyways.
    This is very strange to me. First, because... well, rather than figuring shit out, you decided to send him to his parents' house. And second because if he's not into helping, it's probably not much of a punishment, right?
    Yeah, I'm with peanut on this one. Wouldn't the punishment be to make him help more with DS? You're just encouraging him to do more of the same behavior you are mad at. Unless you are trying to be a martyr?

• Options
    @wedbliss5   I think you might have missed that in my post, but she does get groomed regularly and still has this issue. 
  • Options
    @mrsjenni, this is totally off topic, but in your siggy pic, good gracious is Reid the spitting image of your husband! I'd be curious to see one of his baby pics for comparison. :)

• Options
    MamaP19 said:
    ccip82 said:
    I have another. 

I do not like DH touching me right now because I feel so unsexy. He will come up and give me a hug and rub my belly or playfully grab my ass and I hate it. I know he thinks I am beautiful...but he is rubbing or grabbing my post baby flabby parts and it grosses me out.

For me it is very hard to feel sexy when I am unhappy with my body. That being said, I am not in a huge rush to drop the baby weight right now because I have more important things on my mind like sleep and adjusting to life with two children. 
    OMG yes to all of this. MH does this too. He walked into the bedroom yesterday as i was getting dressed after a shower. I immediately started bawling because I didn't want him looking at me. It doesn't matter how many times he tells me that I look great because I feel disgusting right now. 

On a similar note I really can't relate to the ladies who are dying for ST. Between the tear and not feeling the least bit sexy, it's the last thing on my mind. I'm only 3 weeks pp so maybe I will feel differently in a few more weeks but I kind of doubt it..
    1000% feel the same way, and I am 9+ weeks PP AND c-section mama.  I know I will get back there, but between the lack of sleep (yes, still - very jealous of you ladies with babies sleeping through the night way younger than mine is now) and feeling disgusting, I am in no rush to have tons of ST (we have done it once...).

I also feel really really weird about having ST with LO in the room (albeit asleep), and don't like her sleeping away from me yet...so there's that.
    Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3
  • Options
    slmille4 said:

kiki1978 said:

My son is two months old today and I'm still wearing maternity clothes. They are so comfy for my c-section belly and I honestly have no clue where my regular pants are!  

I want to wear maternity pants forever! Elastic waistbands are way more comfy than the others. Why do they even make pants without them?! ;)
    People can fit in their pre pregnancy jeans?? My hips seemed to have widened. Down to pre preggo weight but jeans not even a close fit (as of last week haven't tried this week at all)
    Ditto: shit I hope I can fit into my pre preggo jeans again, if my hips would ever shrink. I'm sure it will take time. All I can wear is my yoga pants, sweatpants and maternity pants!! But not complaining cause all 3 are so damn comfy!!!!!!

• Options

I don't track how many diapers my LO dirties per day, how many times I feed her, or anything else. She pees and poops a lot, eats when she's hungry, and seems to be growing just fine.

Whoa, you rebel. Do you only come to rolling stops at stop signs too? ;)
  • Options
    mrsjenni said:

This is very strange to me. First, because... well, rather than figuring shit out, you decided to send him to his parents' house. And second because if he's not into helping, it's probably not much of a punishment, right?
    She literally just sent him on a vacation. He's laughing all the way to a full nights sleep and breakfast in bed from his mama.

He gets a full night of sleep regardless but I know it'll upset him if I tell him to stay there, he wouldn't go. I'm trying reverse psychology, at this point I'll do anything to get help from him even if guilting him into it.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13

image  image
  • Options
    BMReid said:
    @kaitimac -- you're not alone! I sit there and smell his breath while he sleeps. I'm thinking cologne? Essence of Breastmilk.
    @BMReid It's been done (well kinda).
    About two years ago Jo Malone did a tea collection of fragrances and amongst them was one called 'sweet milk'. I don't think it's available anymore since it was limited edition, but you can probably buy one on ebay.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    I don't know what this Frozen is y'all keep talking about.

The new Disney movie.

• Options
    @tylynngrace I'm sorry your husband is so unhelpful. What does he say when you ask him for help?

You should stay at his parents without the baby!
  • Options
    bethughkneebethughknee member
    edited February 2014
    I pumped while I drove on the highway today.
    @chuggingwater My car adapter got here today. A week-ish from now expect a snap of my mobile milking. (Only while stopped, of course)

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options
    @KaitiMac I have definitely had the new mom guilt and struggles and buckets of tears but I did drop all my pregnancy weight in like...10 days. I really think it's been the BFing because last time it took me more than 6 months and I was 19 with the fastest metabolism.

I totally feel guilty when I see people for the first time. Everyone says "You look great/amazing/not like you have a 6 week old" but what I hear is "Um, you're not earning your stripes with a pp body..." I worry people resent me. But *I* know I'm struggling in other areas like how guilty I felt about wishing I could put DD down to nap once in a while, etc. I also feel guilty that BFing has been so issue free. It wasn't without it's pain/emotional challenges in the beginning when I was a human pacifier but now it's just...there. And happening. Dear Lord please let pumping continue to go well at work, too...

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options

@tylynngrace I'm sorry your husband is so unhelpful. What does he say when you ask him for help?

You should stay at his parents without the baby!

He gives me all kind of attitude. And today he said he would "babysit" no sir it's not babysitting when it's your own kid, it's called being a damn parent.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13

image  image
  • Options
    I get stabby when people come on here to complain that their 6 week old isn't sleeping more than 3-4 hours at a time.  That's NORMAL... I have one of the oldest babies on this board and she still sleeps like crap and there are a few other moms here who have it even worse than I do.  But my almost 11 week old is still within the norm for her age and I think people have unrealistic expectations for babies when it comes to nighttime sleep because of all the damn articles about sleep training and "omg my 4 week old STTN and here's how you can make it happen too."

Pinterest be damned...my kid is normal even if it does drive me crazy being sleep deprived and working full time.

@katieswei I'm thinking of you today while I try not to complain about my night because I'm about 99% sure you had a worse night than I did.
    I'm jealous of all the bishes who get 3 hours at a time!!!  I'm sure it isn't as glorious as I dream it will be but I'm excited to see for myself someday.  Hopefully.  :)

Today I told both my 8 week old baby and 9 year old cat to "shut up". So healthy and productive. And even though it was in a calm voice, I feel terrible.
    I do this too but generally don't feel bad...maybe that's my FFFC.  
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"