January 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

Bring on the fire hoses!

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Mine is a little lame, but here it is: I say I'm trying to give DD a pacifier, but it's pretty half hearted ("Oh, you 're wanting to suck? Here, try this." Put it in mouth once. "Oh, you don't like that? Okay!") two reasons for this: first, I don't really want to have to break the habit later. But the biggest one is, I'm selfish. I'd rather that she wants me, and not the paci. Boob calms her, so I give her that instead. I may regret this one day too, but for now, that's where I'm at.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since July 2010
    July 2011: Referred to RE, started Letrozole
    August 2011: BFP #1! M/C @ 5wks
    September 2011 - September 2012: test, after test, after test... S/A, HCG, B/W... Diagnosis: unexplained infertility. Letrozole, Metformin... nothing.
    September 2012: Diagnosed gluten intolerance; now living strict GF diet.
    November 2012: BFP #2! MM/C @ 6wks (discovered at 8wks). 2 rounds of Misoprostal - nothing. D&C December 2012.
    May 2013: BFP #3! Hoping this one sticks! 4x prometrium/day EDD: 01/25/14
    06/03/13: 1st u/s We have a heartbeat! Team green!
    01/24/14: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    08/05/14: Surprise BFP #4! (Unmedicated, no pp period, EDD unknown)
    08/15/14: 1 u/s We have a heartbeat! Measured 6wks 2 days. EDD 04/08/15. Team green!
    04/08/15: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    03/29/16: BFP #5! (Unmedicated, 1 cycle TTC) EDD: 11/09/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sugarland726

I literally cried during many parts of Frozen too. Even when not pregnant, I can cry very easily. It can be embarrassing sometimes. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    I have another. 

I do not like DH touching me right now because I feel so unsexy. He will come up and give me a hug and rub my belly or playfully grab my ass and I hate it. I know he thinks I am beautiful...but he is rubbing or grabbing my post baby flabby parts and it grosses me out.

For me it is very hard to feel sexy when I am unhappy with my body. That being said, I am not in a huge rush to drop the baby weight right now because I have more important things on my mind like sleep and adjusting to life with two children. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82 said:
    @sugarland726

I literally cried during many parts of Frozen too. Even when not pregnant, I can cry very easily. It can be embarrassing sometimes. 
    @ccip82, I cry so easily too. I used to be embarrassed, but now I just cope. It is part of who I am. I get very emotional, things touch me very easily and that's ok. But hearing DD sing the snowman song makes that song 10 times worse. I had to walk away from her rendition the other night. "Why are you crying, Mama?" Oh boy. I'm a mess. The worst (best?) part is that DD is just like me and was crying in the theatre when Anna was frozen at the end.

• Options
    ccip82 said:
    I have another. 

I do not like DH touching me right now because I feel so unsexy. He will come up and give me a hug and rub my belly or playfully grab my ass and I hate it. I know he thinks I am beautiful...but he is rubbing or grabbing my post baby flabby parts and it grosses me out.

For me it is very hard to feel sexy when I am unhappy with my body. That being said, I am not in a huge rush to drop the baby weight right now because I have more important things on my mind like sleep and adjusting to life with two children. 
    OMG yes to all of this. MH does this too. He walked into the bedroom yesterday as i was getting dressed after a shower. I immediately started bawling because I didn't want him looking at me. It doesn't matter how many times he tells me that I look great because I feel disgusting right now. 

On a similar note I really can't relate to the ladies who are dying for ST. Between the tear and not feeling the least bit sexy, it's the last thing on my mind. I'm only 3 weeks pp so maybe I will feel differently in a few more weeks but I kind of doubt it..
  • Options
    I've gotten too lazy to change DS at night. He never poops overnight, so I wasn't too concerned about getting him changed. Joke's on me though, because he will pee out the side of his diaper all over my side of the bed.
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Options
    Mine is a little lame, but here it is: I say I'm trying to give DD a pacifier, but it's pretty half hearted ("Oh, you 're wanting to suck? Here, try this." Put it in mouth once. "Oh, you don't like that? Okay!") two reasons for this: first, I don't really want to have to break the habit later. But the biggest one is, I'm selfish. I'd rather that she wants me, and not the paci. Boob calms her, so I give her that instead. I may regret this one day too, but for now, that's where I'm at.
    I was doing this at first too, but DS loves to nurse constantly and my nipples are so sore that now I am desperately trying to get him to take the pacifier! Plus, I'm working on introducing bottles and he's not taking them so far, so I'm trying to get him to take any fake nipple at this point!
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Options
    ccip82 said:

I have another. 

I feel really unsexy now too. My DH keeps telling me I am beautiful and I pause to question if he's serious or joking. No shower for days, wearing clothes that don't fit and a body that's flabby with stretch marks doesn't make me feel sexy at all. Oh and I usually smell like sour milk.

Also, I cried at Frozen... And Planes. Ripslinger and his thugs were so mean to sweet little dusty, it made me so sad. Pregnancy hormones may have played into that too.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    Omg and now the Pet Shop Boys. Yes!!
  • Options

I was doing this at first too, but DS loves to nurse constantly and my nipples are so sore that now I am desperately trying to get him to take the pacifier! Plus, I'm working on introducing bottles and he's not taking them so far, so I'm trying to get him to take any fake nipple at this point!
    @SunflowersBride, so far she 'a been taking her bottle - I've purposely given her 1 a day, even if we're just at home. Although I did have to give her 2 in a row when we were out the other day, and she was ticked off by the end if the second one. I hope you get your LO to take one!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since July 2010
    July 2011: Referred to RE, started Letrozole
    August 2011: BFP #1! M/C @ 5wks
    September 2011 - September 2012: test, after test, after test... S/A, HCG, B/W... Diagnosis: unexplained infertility. Letrozole, Metformin... nothing.
    September 2012: Diagnosed gluten intolerance; now living strict GF diet.
    November 2012: BFP #2! MM/C @ 6wks (discovered at 8wks). 2 rounds of Misoprostal - nothing. D&C December 2012.
    May 2013: BFP #3! Hoping this one sticks! 4x prometrium/day EDD: 01/25/14
    06/03/13: 1st u/s We have a heartbeat! Team green!
    01/24/14: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    08/05/14: Surprise BFP #4! (Unmedicated, no pp period, EDD unknown)
    08/15/14: 1 u/s We have a heartbeat! Measured 6wks 2 days. EDD 04/08/15. Team green!
    04/08/15: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    03/29/16: BFP #5! (Unmedicated, 1 cycle TTC) EDD: 11/09/16

• Options
    I think it's dumb when people put ETA when they are just fixing a misprlled word. Would we have noticed the change in text, probably not. It took longer for you to type the ETA explanation than fix what needed editing.
    I also plan on breastfeeding for only 6 months and I don't care who is going to give me flack for it. It will just stress me out trying to pump at work for longer, worrying about finishing my paperwork because I'm so engorged as well as not being able to run any errands after work because of said engorgement. I may change may mind, I may not, life might be easier than I'm expecting right now, but that's what I'm feeling.
  • Options
    Most mornings I leave DD in her crib, even though I know she is awake, so I can eat some breakfast in peace.

• Options
    DH keeps asking for bj's and I keep turning him down. I'm not sure why. I think its because he turned me down for so long and we haven't had sex in like 4 months. That alone made me feel ugly and unwanted.
  • Options
    jwp325 said:

I know this board is here for support but all the "is this the whatever week growth spurt" posts are getting on my nerves. I feel like that is becoming the new am I labor post. Just google growth spurts and you'll get info on average times. Every baby is different and if we don't know yours we can't tell you if it's a growth spurt or not.
    I'll read the growth spurt posts because I'm like, "hehehe, sucks to be you" in my head.... but the AW: Baby slept through the night or X amt of insane hours ignite rage in me so I try not to open them......

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• Options
    I am relieved that it's painful as hell to pump (it's a manual that the hospital gave me). I'm sure I would get used to it in time, but I have zero motivation to pursue that course- I'm selfish and love that I am the one thing that can always pacify DD and I see no reason to pump if I'm not going back to work until she's a year old (DHs idea not mine).

Also, I have major oversupply and pumping will only make the matter worse- i know I shouldn't complain since it should level out by six weeks and there are those who struggle with not producing enough but goodgodalmighty this shit is painful.

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    My dog annoys the crap out of me now. She was 2 when DS was born and is 5 now and has certainly moved down the totem pole of importance in my life. She is a sweet dog but the things she does now are SO annoying now that I have kids that are a priority.

The biggest thing is that she's a very vocal dog and I always whining at the drawer where I keep the bones. I already have a 3 year old and a newborn crying at me! I don't need a 3rd!

And she does this thing where she tries to follow you while walking in front of you! She looks back at you to anticipate where you are going to go and tries to walk there first. Consequently we are always tripping all over her! And she's 90 lbs! The first time she causes me to trip while carrying a child or DS to fall down the stairs this dog is gettig Sparta kicked.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    pashon432 said:
    My dog annoys the crap out of me now. She was 2 when DS was born and is 5 now and has certainly moved down the totem pole of importance in my life. She is a sweet dog but the things she does now are SO annoying now that I have kids that are a priority. The biggest thing is that she's a very vocal dog and I always whining at the drawer where I keep the bones. I already have a 3 year old and a newborn crying at me! I don't need a 3rd! And she does this thing where she tries to follow you while walking in front of you! She looks back at you to anticipate where you are going to go and tries to walk there first. Consequently we are always tripping all over her! And she's 90 lbs! The first time she causes me to trip while carrying a child or DS to fall down the stairs this dog is gettig Sparta kicked.
    This is DHs cat. He insisted on getting a super high maintenance himalayan like four months before I got pregnant with DD. We love her, but she is very clingy for a cat and the high maintenance thing is not so great with two LOs. We joke that she is really pretty but dumb, but sometimes it's so true. She walks in between your legs and if you tell her to move she will stop immediately in your path. We also have the issue of poop getting stuck in her long hair despite grooming her regularly. It drops randomly throughout the house which is so gross and terrifying when you have a toddler that wants to touch everything. I feel like I am constantly on high alert scanning the carpets.
  • Options
    ccip82 said:
    I have another. 

I'd kill my H if he patted my stomach. The only time he needs to touch my stomach is when I'm pregnant.

My FFFC - DH and I are going on a date night tomorrow night and my girls are staying overnight at my parents. Is it sad I'm almost more excited about sleeping through the night than going out to a fancy dinner?
  • Options
    kiki1978 said:
    My son is two months old today and I'm still wearing maternity clothes. They are so comfy for my c-section belly and I honestly have no clue where my regular pants are!  
    I don't know where most of my old pants are either.

I feel bad getting frustrated when DS cries at night or for complaining about feeling tired because DS is honestly a pretty easy baby. Surprisingly easy. But that doesn't make me less tired (which DH needs to start 'getting').

I'm going out of town to my aunts so she can help us with our taxes. DH is upset that DS and I will be gone and I'm trying to act like it's no big deal, but I'm excited. DH and I haven't spent more than half a day apart in almost a year, and I think it'll be good for us. We've been fighting and I've been being a huge bitch lately.

I guess that could be another confession: I've been a huge bitch to DH lately. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have another. B nurses at 9am every day. I watch Totally 80s videos on VH1. I effing love Hall and Oates. They play an H and O song every day and I anxiously wait for it. Today it was the first song!! M-e-t-h-o-d-o-f-l-o-v-e!
    No flames from me. I freaking love Hall & Oates. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD hasn't been sleeping well the last two days, and I feel bad for being ready to throw something when it takes two hours to settle her down. It's gotta be her growth spurt, so it's not like she can control it. Add to it that DS has been super whiny and clingy lately, too, and I just want to sit in a corner and cry. Thank goodness for my parents - they're coming up tomorrow to take DS to the aquarium and the park.

DD isn't a fan of the paci, either - and I should be glad for that, but there are times where I just want her to take it and let that comfort her. 

My sister's baby shower guest list is ridiculous - at least 65 people, not including her H's list [they want to do a joint shower]. I love her, but throwing a shower for that many people...when I know some of them she hasn't talked to in ages but is inviting anyway...isn't going to work. I hope she cuts her list down.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I can wear my regular clothes again, but I find the maternity jeans so comfortable. Especially under an Ergo carrier - the elastic panel is perfect!

• Options
    I don't cry when my kids get shots, I feel bad for them but I know it only hurts for a second.

I also am not sure I like what we chose to name DD and I feel really bad about it. I keep thinking it will grow on me, but she will be two months old soon and I still am not sure.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    I dont change DDs diaper at night unless she is still crying after feeding and wont be soothed.

• Options
    @jwp325 I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling about the growth spurts threads. All babies go through them because..well they're growing.. maybe a weekly growth spurt check-in would be appropriate so it doesn't become redundant.
  • Options
    kiki1978 said:

My son is two months old today and I'm still wearing maternity clothes. They are so comfy for my c-section belly and I honestly have no clue where my regular pants are!  

I want to wear maternity pants forever! Elastic waistbands are way more comfy than the others. Why do they even make pants without them?! ;)

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

• Options

DD hasn't been sleeping well the last two days, and I feel bad for being ready to throw something when it takes two hours to settle her down. It's gotta be her growth spurt, so it's not like she can control it. Add to it that DS has been super whiny and clingy lately, too, and I just want to sit in a corner and cry. Thank goodness for my parents - they're coming up tomorrow to take DS to the aquarium and the park.

DD isn't a fan of the paci, either - and I should be glad for that, but there are times where I just want her to take it and let that comfort her.

I could have written this myself. It will pass, right? :)

• Options
    kiki1978 said:

My DH bought me the greatest valentines gift ever - pajama jeans. They are so comfy but look like regular jeans! I laughed at them initially but now I am not sure I ever want to wear regular jeans again. I highly suggest them! :)
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    So I love my hubs and my lo. And Kaleb does look like his dad. but if I hear one more time how "he looks just like his daddy" " look at this its (mil maiden names) family trait for sure." Bitches I carried him for 40.5 weeks he does look like me too I'll curb stomp you if I hear it again.

Also if I hear in laws say they wanna kiss his lips again I'll scream . Its weird I never kissed my extended family on the mouth I can't even remember kissing my parents on the mouth. They can kiss his head out cheek but keep off his mouth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"