August 2013 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

Bitch away ladies... Bitch away.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to go to my inlaws for the weekend on Friday. They are ok but I hate going there.
  • Options
    @crazed178. Oh momma I know how you feel. It's terrible. I obviously have no advice but I really hope your LO figures it out soon so you can get some sleep! Creepy Internet hugs to you!

Anniversary

• Options
    I have insomnia and ds is sleeping tgrough tge night. Anyone want to trade kids over night, ill take care of your kid who is up multiple times and you can sleep through the night.

Also i gave up coffee cause it was giving me heart burn. And now i really want coffee, but i dont want heart burn.
  • Options
    DD was up five times last night. I am so tired. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    Damn it, I've been Google-scaring myself all morning, which I should know better. LO is 6 months old today (yay!), but I'm just thinking about how he can't roll over yet. He does great during tummy time with supporting himself, and he lifts his legs up to do "ab crunches" and rolls to his side just fine, but he hasn't rolled over yet. He can sit up okay but still needs assistance (boppy or my leg). His 6-month appointment is next Monday, and I plan on asking ped. about it.

So I thought it would be a good idea to Google more info, but it's just made me more upset. :( And it makes me feel guilty for not being home enough with him to work on these skills.

• Options
    I have insomnia and ds is sleeping tgrough tge night. Anyone want to trade kids over night, ill take care of your kid who is up multiple times and you can sleep through the night. Also i gave up coffee cause it was giving me heart burn. And now i really want coffee, but i dont want heart burn.
    @MinnesotaMomma91 Try switching coffee. My sister gets awful heartburn with the coffee my mom buys, and she keeps a can of her own coffee at my parents' house so that she doesn't get heartburn when she visits. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 

• Options
    I will have to try that, i started buying organic coffee instead of basic foldgers(sp? Its to early and im tired)
  • Options
    DH is gone all week for training. He has been working so much I never get to see him during the week. It sucks. The money will be nice but I miss that goofy man.
  • Options
    @crazed178 I can totally relate! Idk what's it's been with LO but same as you since 4 months its been horrible and after almost having a couple cries myself due to lack of sleep and LO just not going down DH has been awesome.

So today no complaints. DH gave me a motn foot run while I was feeding LO last night at 2:30. And has been getting up first in the motn and only gets me if DS needs to nurse. DH for the win! Lets just hope he stays as helpful and willing during his work week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • Options

Damn it, I've been Google-scaring myself all morning, which I should know better. LO is 6 months old today (yay!), but I'm just thinking about how he can't roll over yet. He does great during tummy time with supporting himself, and he lifts his legs up to do "ab crunches" and rolls to his side just fine, but he hasn't rolled over yet. He can sit up okay but still needs assistance (boppy or my leg). His 6-month appointment is next Monday, and I plan on asking ped. about it.

So I thought it would be a good idea to Google more info, but it's just made me more upset. :( And it makes me feel guilty for not being home enough with him to work on these skills.

DS1 didn't roll til 6 months or so.. I would try not to stress. Is he on the bigger side? Sometimes bigger babies take longer. This is one of those things that some babies do super early and some take longer. FWIW, he hit every other milestone just fine, he just took longer to roll. :)
  • Options

My pedi said rolling is not a developmental milestone they focus on because babies do it at different times. Also if your LO is sitting up (or almost) it shows good development.

My DS turned six months last Friday and last week he got two teeth and can sit unassisted now. What a difference a week makes in their short little lives. Don't stress yourself.

I think pedis take a look at a developmental checklist at nine months. That is the age when they might start to worry and see red flags.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I understand how you feel! I've been stressing myself about this too. LO was born on the 30th so he's almost 6 months. He'll do tummy time in short increments before he gets mad, but he does great supporting himself. He's rolled a few times from tummy to back but shows really no interest in going from back to tummy. He'll sit supported but he'd much rather stand (with assistance) and look around, play, eat, etc.
    I just keep telling myself he'll do it when he's ready as long as we practice with him as much as we can.
  • Options
    I actually have a bitch this week that's not food related!
    The ILs kept the boys Saturday night so DH and i could get a date night. It started out with FIL arguing with me because I wouldn't let him put LO in an old ass car seat he picked up off Craigslist. I actully used a line I read someone here say that "When I said No it was a complete sentence and this is not up for debate."
    MIL called me the next day to let me know LO refused a bottle the whole time and didn't really eat, and that both boys didn't get to sleep till around 11:30 and were up a few times at night. I actually really appreciated her call & being upfront that they had a rough night.
    But when FIL got to the house (MIL had other plans & couldn't come) he tells me they both slept great, had no issues and he has no idea why DS1 was basically throwing a constant tantrum at that moment and I don't need to put him down for another nap because "he sleeps soooo good at my house."
    And LO looked just completely beat- he was sooo hungry and his little eyes were just puffy, red and sad. I felt awful for him.
    Holy crap that was a lot. TL;DR- FIL is a selfish lying liar who lies.
             image         image
  • Options

DS1 didn't roll til 6 months or so.. I would try not to stress. Is he on the bigger side? Sometimes bigger babies take longer. This is one of those things that some babies do super early and some take longer. FWIW, he hit every other milestone just fine, he just took longer to roll. :)
    Thanks, you guys. :) He is on the bigger side, 89th percentile in both height and weight, was almost 9 lbs at birth. His head is also big (the nurse had to measure it twice during the last visit to make sure she was doing it right).

I know I should just chill and relax. The last time I was worried like this was when he wasn't making any eye contact with anyone a few months ago, and then magically a week later he was making strong eye contact with EVERYONE and laughing and doing social smiling. Just gotta relax...

• Options
    @ayanahazel1 I feel you, I've been trying not to stress about milestones and not compare Baby K to other kids her age but it's hard. Don't feel guilty about not working on things more with him. Me and Dh work on these things every day, try to bribe with the iPhone etc and she still doesn't roll or scoot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• Options
    crazed178 said:

I have insomnia and ds is sleeping tgrough tge night. Anyone want to trade kids over night, ill take care of your kid who is up multiple times and you can sleep through the night.

Also i gave up coffee cause it was giving me heart burn. And now i really want coffee, but i dont want heart burn.

I'll take you up on that offer and even come with Tums (or your choice of remedy)!
    Fantastic, cause if im going to be up all night i want an excuse.
  • Options
    @AprilRaine... uhhhh your FIL sounds crazy. That's great your MIL told you up front. Did you call FIL on the lies or just ignore him? Hope they got back on schedule and I'm sure they were MORE than happy to see you :) And hope you at least got to enjoy a little time with your H. 

• Options
    I feel like I'm dying. That is all.

Any other details of my illness belong in a tmi Tuesday post. Ack!!!
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    LO will not sleep in her own sleeping situation anymore. We started cosleeping because we seemed to get more sleep that way when she was going through a sleep regression and cluster feeding, but now I can't get her out of our bed. Like the instant she knows we are going to put her someplace else to sleep her body goes stiff and she starts screaming. I'm so tired and I don't sleep well with her in bed. We have a queen and it is too small for DH, me and LO. I also seem to hold my back/neck funny so I am in pain every morning. I also want to snuggle DH at night. I would like a few hours without one of the girls on me.

• Options
    @TrueBeliever925- I just ignored him. I would looooved to have called him out but arguing with him is like banging your head on a brick wall. Plus we had friends over at the house.
    I think I'm going to try and get MIL alone to express my frustration. As much as I've been frustrated by her before I at least feel like she makes an attempt and will work with me on this stuff.
             image         image
  • Options
    I think I've complained about this for a week now, but WHY DOES MY TODDLER THINK IT IS ACCEPTABLE TO WAKE UP AT 4 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING? Ughhhhh.
  • Options
    @aprilraine PFH.. FIL's right.. Lol. Glad MIL told you exactly what went on. Poor little dudes though :( Hope they are well and rested now
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • Options
    LokiLahve said:

I'm so sick of family asking when we are going to visit them...the asking isn't the issue, it's the "I'll never get to see her/she won't know who I am" guilt trip that makes me mad.
    You have a car, get in it and come to me if it's really important to you! Of course I want you to meet lo & see her in this super cute stage, but we just can't take a road trip right now. X(

That's what FaceTime or Skype are for. Tell them to come visit or learn how to use technology. My family used to be a 2 hour car trip away (each way). If we didn't have technology, I would have never seen my nieces and nephews. They know me and even started saying my name before my sister's mil and fil's name! They're evil, so it was just one more awesome thing, lol
  • Options
    kwhite27 said:

I have told my DH a 100 times to keep his phone in his locker while at work and to make sure he backs it up on a regular basis.  Does he listen?  No.  Did he drop his phone in dirty water? Yes.  Does it work now? No.  Did he back up? No.  Did he lose all his pictures of LO? Yes. 

Is this the first time he has done this?  NOPE!

Ugh.  Why don't men listen?

Have you tried putting his phone into a bag of uncooked rice? Have never had to try it, but have heard it absorbs the moisture and can sometimes save electronics.
  • Options

I have told my DH a 100 times to keep his phone in his locker while at work and to make sure he backs it up on a regular basis.  Does he listen?  No.  Did he drop his phone in dirty water? Yes.  Does it work now? No.  Did he back up? No.  Did he lose all his pictures of LO? Yes. 

Have you tried putting his phone into a bag of uncooked rice? Have never had to try it, but have heard it absorbs the moisture and can sometimes save electronics.

Yes he has had it sitting in some rice since it happened (2 days ago).  He can now turn it on but the touch screen doesnt work.  Once he is back home we are going to take it to apple to see if they can do anything. 

• Options
    @aprilraine I can only imagine it's that bad. I let a lot of things go with my mom who is impossible. It's great you have a working relationship with you MIL. Definitely air out the frustrations! Good luck! 

• Options
    coraggiosacoraggiosa member
    edited February 2014
    kwhite27 said:

Have him install dropbox on his phone. All pictures I take of DD are immediately uploaded to it. 

ETA: Also, Android FTW. Pictures are automatically synced with your Google account. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 

• Options

@aprilraine PFH.. FIL's right.. Lol. Glad MIL told you exactly what went on. Poor little dudes though :( Hope they are well and rested now

Can I send him to you? You're good with crazycakes ILs, right??? Haha!
    The boys seem much better today. I think I'll take them to the park at lunchtime for some good quality mommy picnic & play time. (Plus I'm trying to pick-up on local mommy friends in the least creepy way possible).
    Nooo, it's so quiet around here! He is not welcome hahah
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • Options
    petey1106 said:
    No bitches for me because for the first time in almost four months LO slept for 5 hours straight last night! I'm a new woman.

Congrats lady! 

• Options
    LO has started biting when he eats. So that's fun. My boobs want to cry
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    LokiLahve said:
    I'm so sick of family asking when we are going to visit them...the asking isn't the issue, it's the "I'll never get to see her/she won't know who I am" guilt trip that makes me mad. You have a car, get in it and come to me if it's really important to you! Of course I want you to meet lo & see her in this super cute stage, but we just can't take a road trip right now. X(

Yes!! I hate this! The freeway runs both north and south, east and west, people. Figure it out.

• Options
    LO has decided 3a and 5a are good times to cry and not want to be consoled. Normally we had to the guest room, but with in laws in town, that's not happening. She of course had kept both Dh and myself up. I have not had more than two hours straight of sleep in two weeks, meanwhile he gets at least five or six daily. Well today Dh it's bitching on getting no sleep....I type him I did not feel sorry for him, that I never sleep. He then got all pissy when I handed off LO so I could go to work. Be a man and suck it up

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"