June 2014 Moms
Options

**Friday AW/SS/Random Thoughts Thread**

Re: **Friday AW/SS/Random Thoughts Thread**

• Options
    @katekat8721 I agree send the thank you now so she know you got it. That was super sweet of her!
    photo 0c2dff5c-8353-4f48-a664-12cdf783ef5a_zpsd50eeb2f.jpg photo 2568d9e8-2e0a-42f1-9e46-3b839622bae6_zpsa9ad0626.jpg photo 7cad0d91-68fd-48bf-b58a-48256209fbe1_zps4881d0c7.jpg
  • Options
    @colllydon and @whoberry thanks girls, I will send it now! It would be weird to wait a month to tell her especially b/c it was so nice and thoughtful! I'm not sure if she knows she's invited to the shower, but I'll write a little somethin' in the invite to let her know to only bring her fine self, not another gift lol!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So ladies, my SS moment here is that I just got back from an appointment and I was told that my cervix is shortening. It's not so drastic that they want to do bed rest or meds or surgery (at least not yet), but I'm back on pelvic rest and I have another appointment in a week. I'm just nervous all over again; my PAIF brain had just started feeling like this baby was for real and now I'm thrown for a loop. I know it is very likely everything is okay and that I'm lucky to have just made it this far, but I can't help but worry. Thanks for listening. :)
    (((big hugs)))

I know it's hard, but try not to let PAIF take over!

They're aware that it's happening so they're going to keep extra close eye on you, and if something should take a turn for the worse (it won't!) then they will be ready to jump into action. It's good they're being cautious and putting you on pelvic rest now, they're being nice and proactive!

How are you doing otherwise mama?

• Options

@lyracelesti - Hugs hon.  It sounds like they are doing a good job keeping an eye on things.  Just make sure to take it easy.  

Took the words out of my mouth. Try not to worry too much. I'll be thinking of you!

image        image

• Options
    Holy hell, dental cleaning during pregnancy should be considered a torture mechanism. Pregnancy induced gingivitis ain't a joke!

• Options
    @kaceymarie - my dr told me I could have something very light before hand, like a hard-boiled egg or pb on toast. No juice or anything, either.

image        image

• Options

question.. do i have to fast for the 1hr. glucose test?

My doctor said I could eat lightly, just stay away from eating sugars or carbs.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lyracelesti  - stupid cervix! FX it just stays put where it is right now. Keep us updated! In my hispanic family we light candles whenever there is an issue we need to resolve, I'll look into cervix-specific candles ;)

kaceymarie - I had to fast for two hours prior, so it must depend on your doctor!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My SO is getting us Costco Polish hot dogs right now. I'm excited!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

lest12 said:

@kaceymarie - my dr told me I could have something very light before hand, like a hard-boiled egg or pb on toast. No juice or anything, either.

ok! i'm wondering because my appointment is at 3:30 & that's a little crazy to wait that long to eat anything.

i will still call to make sure of course.

Oh, mine is at 9am, so not so crazy!

Call and check but I can't imagine they'd make you fast all day! The nurse was really cautious giving me instructions and taking me to be careful and it's at 9am.

How long do results take, anyone?

image        image

• Options
    Eek! My hubby felt the baby kick last night for the first time. The look on his face was priceless!

@shakeweights - so awesome to watch them experience it! I've been making DH lie around with his hand on my belly all week, I'm so glad he finally felt it!

image        image

• Options
    Thanks @mrsdbc! Also, has anyone noticed that their bump is making it a little trickier to pee in a cup? I noticed it on Friday. Awesome.

image        image

• Options
    What do you ladies think of the name Harper as a middle name? I did some lurking on the baby names board and as a first name it seems to be pretty disliked. Is it really that awful?
  • Options

What do you ladies think of the name Harper as a middle name? I did some lurking on the baby names board and as a first name it seems to be pretty disliked. Is it really that awful?

I like it! Do you have a first name yet?

image        image

• Options
    @lest12, I'm almost 100% sure her name will be Wren Harper. A middle name has been hard! I like Harper for a first name but it's definitely not H's favorite. He's agreed to it as a middle name because he can't think of anything haha.
  • Options

@lest12, I'm almost 100% sure her name will be Wren Harper. A middle name has been hard! I like Harper for a first name but it's definitely not H's favorite. He's agreed to it as a middle name because he can't think of anything haha.

Oh I love it!

image        image

• Options
    @lindsleigh77 - have a great trip!

image        image

• Options

My AW SS moment for today...

I'll be in Mexico tomorrow :) catch up with all you lovelies in a week.

Save a picture of the sunshine and Palm trees for us!
    photo 0c2dff5c-8353-4f48-a664-12cdf783ef5a_zpsd50eeb2f.jpg photo 2568d9e8-2e0a-42f1-9e46-3b839622bae6_zpsa9ad0626.jpg photo 7cad0d91-68fd-48bf-b58a-48256209fbe1_zps4881d0c7.jpg
  • Options

Love it.
  • Options
    colllydon said:

My AW SS moment for today...

I'll be in Mexico tomorrow :) catch up with all you lovelies in a week.

Save a picture of the sunshine and Palm trees for us!

Will do lady! Perhaps even a bathing suit pic for HDBD when I get back :)

Thanks @lest12. I'm super excited to get out of this cold weather, like -20 c right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CharSamm said:

Holy hell, dental cleaning during pregnancy should be considered a torture mechanism. Pregnancy induced gingivitis ain't a joke!

I was just thinking about this a couple of days ago. I'm going in for a cleaning in two weeks. I was hoping they'll take it easy...

If it helps, I had no issues. My gums were fine.

• Options
    lest12 said:

lest12 said:

ok! i'm wondering because my appointment is at 3:30 & that's a little crazy to wait that long to eat anything.

i will still call to make sure of course.
    Oh, mine is at 9am, so not so crazy!

Call and check but I can't imagine they'd make you fast all day! The nurse was really cautious giving me instructions and taking me to be careful and it's at 9am.

How long do results take, anyone?

My MW said to drink the junk 2 hour before the appt and to eat a snack with protein 1 hour before that. No sugar.

• Options
    lest12 - my results took two days. Also, yes, bump is getting in the way of all toilet related things these days... not something I had anticipated ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    lest12 said:
    Thanks @mrsdbc! Also, has anyone noticed that their bump is making it a little trickier to pee in a cup? I noticed it on Friday. Awesome.
    Yes! lol. At our doctor's office they provide styrofoam cups, you pee in that and then you can transfer to their smaller test cup. Only took me forever to figure out wtf the styrofoam cups were for lol.

• Options
    hampire said:
    I just got upgraded from attending a wedding may 24th to being in it. Is it crazy for me to attempt that at 35weeks? It's out of town (2 hours away) should I preregister with a hospital up there just to be safe? How do I size my dress? I know all this has come up before but I'm too lazy to search on mobile.
    Luckily my MOH dress (which I'll be wearing 2ish months post partum *cries*) is empire so it's forgiving. But I just went and got measured last week and they just measured the bust and the middle of the ribcage to get an idea. Where we're at it takes 3 months to get the dress so you have to order in advance and just guesstimate. Boo.

• Options
    katekat8721katekat8721 member
    edited February 2014
    I'm signing up for our childbirth classes today. Woohoo!

ETA: Annnd never mind because apparently they're not open weekends! Grr.

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7h7vs2cx51rbi4klo1_250.gif

• Options
    @yellowbird219 thanks for putting that warning. I watched it first tri and had completely forgotten about that part and it scared me to death
  • Options
    nunzchucksnunzchucks member
    edited February 2014
    @mrsdbc I'd eat it.
  • Options

lest12 said:
    Eek! My hubby felt the baby kick last night for the first time. The look on his face was priceless!

@shakeweights - so awesome to watch them experience it! I've been making DH lie around with his hand on my belly all week, I'm so glad he finally felt it!
    This is crazy, DH felt baby kick or the first time on Friday! I've been trying for weeks, but he never felt it. I woke him up at 2am to feel and *BAM*

:D
    Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    lest12 said:
    Yes! lol. At our doctor's office they provide styrofoam cups, you pee in that and then you can transfer to their smaller test cup. Only took me forever to figure out wtf the styrofoam cups were for lol.
    I've noticed the stream goes every which way, lmao. I have to lean forward to make sure things stay dry. I remember that way later on with DD, after she dropped, so wtf is up with the crazy pee at 25 weeks.
    Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My husband leaves for training tomorrow. I'll be in the trenches alone until Friday. Pray for me!
  • Options
    So my mom talked to my brother again and it turns out they are due Oct. 25th. Better than Nov. because it's at least possible, but still freakishly early to tell everyone! But I guess I'm saying that cuz its just me to wait to announce... Do most people tell they're PG at 4weeks?? I was the one from the previous thread who was asking about if it was even possible to know you're PG if they said the due date was Nov.
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"