C-sections

just learned I will need a c-section

....most likely. Baby is breech & I have low AFI, so will probably have an early c-section.

I am 32.5 weeks now & was planning a natural birth. I had signed me & DH up for a birthing class 3/8 but if I need a c-section is it not worth going to? And now to prepare for a c-section is there a class we should take? Or a book we should read?
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: just learned I will need a c-section

• I would still go to the class.  My class seemed to help my husband more then me...getting them to help you etc.  I would read through the csection posts on here and if you have ?'s just ask.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • my birthing class covered c-sections;  we also went to birthing class but had an unplanned c section;  it also went over other baby basics which were helpful
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Go to the class. At 32 weeks, you still have time for baby to flip and you don't want to miss your opportunity for the class. Our class also covered c/s as well as post partum recovery... All of it was particularly helpful for DH who was clueless.

• We went to a birthing class doe my first, ams skipped the second day that had to do with epidurals and c sections because with those two things I did nit want to know/see anything I didn't have to. For me it is less scary when I don't know certain things (like I don't really want to see the size of the needles before hand of epidural, and I don't need to see how they pull you open for a c section because I feel like it is worse that way for me. (Weird I know, but its how I deal).
    There was not one thing I learned that helped me during my vaginal birth with first or c section with my second that I learned in birthing class so I say don't go I'd you don't want to. But many more people have loved their classes so I say so what you feel!!!
  • I had less then 24 hours notice that I was having a csection and I came on this board for support. The ladies here (myself now included, DD was born at 41 weeks on march 29ty via C at 10lbs 6oz) are wonderful and can answer any questions you might have.

I did the birthing class-I had hoped for natural-and our instructor did not say anything about csection that was particularly useful when the time came.
  • My baby flipped four times between 32 and 36 weeks.  Every week when I went, she was the opposite of the previous week (I had a u/s at each appointment).  Your baby may flip before then too!  I would go to the class.
    Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby
  • I had signed up for a class and learned my baby was breech before it started also. I still went and they did cover c sections and also topics such as choosing a pediatrician so I'm still glad I went. You may also meet other moms in your area with similar due dates which is nice. I would go.
  • Thanks all... I will keep us in the class!

Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• Hi I had a C-section back in may due to pre-e and I feel it was a good choice for me. I had a friend due in June that her baby wasn't head down and she refused to have a C-section she had the baby manipulated from the outside and had a natural child birth. She is so strong though and it was the right choice for her and her baby and if your birth plan is to go natural that is something to consider. It is all about what needs to be done to have a happy and healthy delivery. good luck.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image       image

image A look at my future

• My class covered csections. I'm really glad because I had an emergency one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I just had my first baby in January via scheduled section. I didn't take any birth classes prior to by choice. Do what you're comfortable with, and like pp's said there's still time for baby to flip.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My only advice for a c-section is just remain calm.
    It is actually fairly easy. Walk when you first are allowed and take stool softeners the week before delivery.
  • Do what u are comfortable with. I had a c in 10.2012 and it was great. .DD was breech and I wanted a c anyway, so it all worked out. Will have a 2nd this month when the triplets decide they're ready. Minimal recovery... no pain meds and jogged a couple blocks for gelato 3 days later. Wouldn't trade it. Don't think u need a book...Drs and nurses well let u know what's going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"