Babies on the Brain
Options

really REALLY early symptoms

So, my boyfriend and I started trying to get pregnant February 3rd. On Febuary 8th I started experiencing nausea. I thought I simply hadn't eaten enough or had enough to drink, but when the symptoms returned the next day and the next day I realized my nausea resembled morning sickness. I've also been more fatigued than usual. I'll pretty much fall asleep if I lay down for just a second. I've slept an average of three hours a night since I can remember, so that's very unusual. But my really big concern is that a couple of days ago I was experiencing terrible pain in my lower abdomen that sharpened on the right side throughout that day, half of the night was spent debating whether it could be appendicitis and I should go to the hospital. The next day it was gone and my lower abdomen was visibly swollen - I literally looked pregnant. Today I noticed an unusual vaginal odor. Is it possible to experience these symptoms so early? Could something be wrong? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Re: really REALLY early symptoms

• Options
    Huh? I don't have any discharge. And the pain was in my lower abdomen, not during urination. I think UTI might be a bad fit. The earliest I can take a pregnancy test is 4 days before my next period. Just asking if anyone had a similar experience, whether it turned out to be good news or bad. I don't need more speculation, I've already got it. Thus the questions
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    People get lots of phantom symptoms when they're trying to get pregnant. Take a test. From the timing you mentioned, no, it doesn't sound like you're pregnant, but I can't really give you a definitive answer.
  • Options
    annibes said:
    People get lots of phantom symptoms when they're trying to get pregnant. Take a test. From the timing you mentioned, no, it doesn't sound like you're pregnant, but I can't really give you a definitive answer.

Ok. I'll test next week and try to remember to reply on this board with any info, bad or good (just in case anyone else has these symptoms) Thanks
  • Options
    FemShepFemShep member
    edited February 2014
    Assuming you started trying on 2/3 (and didn't have unprotected sex before then) and you ovulated on 2/4 and everything went perfectly, the fertilized egg wouldn't implant until 2/10 or 2/11 at the earliest, and your body would only be recognizing implantation now. Any symptoms you had on 2/8 have absolutely nothing to do with pregnancy, and it's far more likely you have a virus. That doesn't mean you can't be pregnant, just that symptoms at that point in your cycle are irrelevant.

I'd suggest going to the Trying to Get Pregnant board and reading the newbie blog and also picking up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility to better understand how your body works.
  • Options
    For anyone experiencing similar symptoms, I just found this article on EPF: https://pregnant.sg/articles/early-pregnancy-factor-future-pregnancy-tests/
  • Options
    Please invest in a copy of TCOYF.  You seem to have no idea how your cycle works.  GL!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    so, anyone experiencing similar symptoms, I just got off the phone with my father - a doctor. He says that because I ovulated on Feb 3rd implantation on the 10th could explain the pain I was experiencing in my lower abdomen, but he also says I should go to the hospital if the pain returns. He said it is possible, although not probable, that my body could be reacting to a pregnancy. I will still need to wait until a few days before my missed period to test for hCG.
  • Options

so, anyone experiencing similar symptoms, I just got off the phone with my father - a doctor. He says that because I ovulated on Feb 3rd implantation on the 10th could explain the pain I was experiencing in my lower abdomen, but he also says I should go to the hospital if the pain returns. He said it is possible, although not probable, that my body could be reacting to a pregnancy. I will still need to wait until a few days before my missed period to test for hCG.
    As stated above, if you are far enough along to be experiencing pregnancy symptoms, then you're far enough along to get a positive pregnancy test. Just take a test. If it's negative then you aren't pregnant at this time. Then just test weekly until you get a positive test or your period.
  • Options
    ILoveBoysILoveBoys member
    edited February 2014

Are you temping/charting? There's no other definitive way (other than dr monitoring) to know if you ovulated on the 3rd. And of course he said it's possible because it IS possible. But not likely.
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    edited February 2014
    omg @smithaz602 I love your siggy!! Soooo cute!
  • Options
    anitabanita said:
    So, my boyfriend and I started trying to get pregnant February 3rd. On Febuary 8th I started experiencing nausea. I thought I simply hadn't eaten enough or had enough to drink, but when the symptoms returned the next day and the next day I realized my nausea resembled morning sickness. I've also been more fatigued than usual. I'll pretty much fall asleep if I lay down for just a second. I've slept an average of three hours a night since I can remember, so that's very unusual. But my really big concern is that a couple of days ago I was experiencing terrible pain in my lower abdomen that sharpened on the right side throughout that day, half of the night was spent debating whether it could be appendicitis and I should go to the hospital. The next day it was gone and my lower abdomen was visibly swollen - I literally looked pregnant. Today I noticed an unusual vaginal odor. Is it possible to experience these symptoms so early? Could something be wrong? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    If you ovulated the 3rd (which can only be confirmed if you were taking your basal body temp) and had unprotected sex, then yes...there is a slight chance that you could be pregnant. But implantation doesn't occur until 7-10 days after ovulation and your body doesn't produce the hormone (hCG) that causes pregnancy symptoms prior to implantation. With the timeline you listed, it's impossible that the nausea on the 8th was pregnancy related so it was probably a stomach bug or PMS instead.

If you had a fertilized egg implant you will have enough hCG in your urine to turn a test positive. Assuming your O date is accurate, you don't need to wait till a missed period to test. BFPs can happen as early as 8DPO which, again assuming your O date is accurate, you have already reached. Go ahead and test. It's better than driving yourself crazy reading into symptoms.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    Ok, thanks KJ. I'll test tomorrow morning. I've been joking, because of all of these ridiculous symptoms, that I'm eating for four. If I test negative, not only will I not be pregnant, also I'll be a fatty. #REGRETSFORDAYZ
  • Options
    ILoveBoys said:.
    Are you temping/charting? There's no other definitive way (other than dr monitoring) to know if you ovulated on the 3rd. And of course he said it's possible because it IS possible. But not likely.

This.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Huh? What start? God no, I'm asking a question and then I'm out, I don't have time to join a 'board'. I'm just hoping to get info from someone with similarly unusual symptoms and relay whatever info I can of my experience to others. I'm going to test tomorrow and then again just before my missed period. Till then
  • Options
    Huh? What start? God no, I'm asking a question and then I'm out, I don't have time to join a 'board'. I'm just hoping to get info from someone with similarly unusual symptoms and relay whatever info I can of my experience to others. I'm going to test tomorrow and then again just before my missed period. Till then

Then please leave. You have to give to get.
  • Options
    I'm just hoping to get info from someone with similarly unusual symptoms and relay whatever info I can of my experience to others.

• Options
    You are right, this would be really really really early for symptoms :) Like earlier than ever confirmed to be legit... so either you are carrying quadruplets or you are blaming syptoms of something else on a possible pregnancy. 

Can you confirm that you ovulated on Feb 3rd or is that just a few days after your period when you started having unprotected sex?

If you know for certain you ovulated on the 3rd (by temping), and then by chance you also conceived that day, then 5 days later could be implantation. You would maybe have some discomfort and spotting, but it would be several days/weeks afterwards before your body would have enough hormones to cause actual morning sickness or fatigue. 

Another theory would be that what you are experiencing is your first time ovulating after stopping the pill. You didn't say what kind of birth control you were using before trying. My first time ovulating after going of bc I had some ovulation pain and nausea from the hormones that my body was no used to making. 

I am going to go with either ovulation symptoms, your mind playing tricks on you, or something else entirely. If you do happen to conceive, these are likely just coincidental symptoms - like you are just tired because you rarely sleep, you ate something bad, and you have an infection causing the smell. 

On a side note - if you are ttc you need to start taking better care of your body. You need to be sleeping at least a solid 6+ hours a night. Best of luck ttc!
  • Options
    I simply don't have time in the day to join, it was not intended as an insult. I am estimating O based on ovulation pain. I had my Paraguard removed in January, it's not hormonal but maybe it could still affect my cycle? Yes? No? And I actually thought a lot of my stuff (eating, fatigue, etc) could be coincidence or in my head until the really terrible pain in my lower ab and my visibly swollen womb. I just don't know how to explain that away. Also, the nausea has been day-to-day been since the 8th, so I'm assuming it can't possibly be something I ate... But I realise most of this is speculation, so at this point I just want to monitor my symptoms, test, and relay whatever information I can, good or bad, so that others might benefit from my sharing. I'll try to get some rest in the meantime. Thx :) & good luck to you too!!
  • Options
    @anitabanita - I totally understand why you posted. The first month ttc can be nerve wracking as you start noticing every little possible sign of pregnancy. Being a part of this board doesn't require a huge time commitment and if you are ttc, you may find it a great support to learn from the ladies here who have been through it all. 

A swollen womb would be what is called bloating :) (Assuming you know that, I have never heard of this as any sort of implantation sign) I do not know much about paraguard but just googling online showed a lot of women with intense cramping on and off for a few months following removal. This could just be coincidence, I don't know much about it. 

The swelling and pain could very well be appendicitis. If the symptoms continue I would just go to your general doctor to have it checked out. Probably nothing but better safe than sorry when it comes to the possibility of a ruptured appendix during a snow storm! Seriously, if your abdomen is sore to the touch you need to get checked out pronto.

Just take a test once a week until your period comes. Take good care of your body through your diet and sleep pattern - this is so important if you are trying to get pregnant! I really don't think your symptoms have anything to do with pregnancy at this point, but that doesn't mean you are not pregnant, so stay positive and take care of yourself! 
  • Options
    I simply don't have time in the day to join, it was not intended as an insult. I am estimating O based on ovulation pain. I had my Paraguard removed in January, it's not hormonal but maybe it could still affect my cycle? Yes? No? And I actually thought a lot of my stuff (eating, fatigue, etc) could be coincidence or in my head until the really terrible pain in my lower ab and my visibly swollen womb. I just don't know how to explain that away. Also, the nausea has been day-to-day been since the 8th, so I'm assuming it can't possibly be something I ate... But I realise most of this is speculation, so at this point I just want to monitor my symptoms, test, and relay whatever information I can, good or bad, so that others might benefit from my sharing. I'll try to get some rest in the meantime. Thx :) & good luck to you too!!

In the months coming off birth control I had lots of bloating and nausea. It's a completely normal symptom of coming off birth control. When I actually successfully conceived I had no symptoms until I was six weeks pregnant. Even if you're right and you ovulated on the third, it is impossible that on the 8th you had enough pregnancy hormone in your system to produce symptoms. It takes more time for implantation to occur and hcg to rise enough to create symptoms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It appears as a protrusion about the size of a fist underneath my navel. I am a size zero so it is noticeably odd. I can also feel it shifting when I urinate. Bloating doesn't quite fit. I am considering that it might be related to the Paraguard removal. I'll get back to everyone tomorrow and again a few days before my period.
  • Options
    How does one have a visible womb? I think you intended to say swollen abdomen as you don't know it was your womb. I think it was distended from gas build up as you probably have a gastro virus.
  • Options
    It's definitley my womb, I look exactly like my three month pregnant self circa 2012 I know its odd. I'm partly hoping these are pregnancy symptoms because I know that if they're not ..something is wrong. In the back of my mind, a hernia would be a godsend
  • Options
    Seriously - after your last comment... a protrusion the size of a fist? Get to the doctor STAT. Protrusion sounds like it is hard, not just normal bloat. Have you taken your temperature? A higher than normal temp would be another sign of infection, as is fatigue. 

I am not a doctor but I believe you have an intrauterine infection caused from the removal of your paraguard. If you had the IUD for a long time, there is of course scar tissue and other things that can cause issues after removal. An odd smell, pain, and swelling... yeah, all signs pointing to an infection. This could also be very dangerous if you also happen to be pregnant. I would go to the doctor today. No need to be too worried, they will likely just give antibiotics but waiting it out is not a good plan, especially when you are trying to conceive.

As everyone one else said - absolutely 100% these symptoms are not those of very early pregnancy but that doesn't mean you aren't pregnant. 5 days past ovulation is on the early side for implantation, and way way too early to have enough pregnancy hormones to cause any symptoms at all. Go to the doctor, ma'am :) 
  • Options
    It's definitley my womb, I look exactly like my three month pregnant self circa 2012 I know its odd. I'm partly hoping these are pregnancy symptoms because I know that if they're not ..something is wrong. In the back of my mind, a hernia would be a godsend
    At three months pregnant your womb is still under your pubic bone. Any protrusion you see at that phase is bloat. If there's a mass in your lower abdomen you should get to the doctor ASAP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrssl3813mrssl3813 member
    edited February 2014
    Just because your abdomen is protruding does not equal it has to be your uterus. There are many other things in that area. I have seen many men with bowel obstructions, or extremely full bladders (from not being able to void due to clots blocking the urethra post prostate surgery) who look exactly like they are 6 months pregnant. Get to the ER so they can ultrasound/xray you and find out what is making your so distended.
  • Options
    YOU GUYS!! so all of these posts saying something could be seriously wrong starting freaking me out, so i decided to just go ahead and take a pregnancy test even though its early and its the middle of the day which isnt a great time to take it yadda yadda yadda... IM PREGNANT!!! The results are pretty light, so I'll take another tomorrow morning but I've got to say this many coincidences would just be the most cruel joke of mother nature of all of time, so im gonna just go with it. EEE!!! :)
  • Options
    You still need to get it checked. You wouldn't be that big if your so early.
  • Options
    Huh? Why would I lie about something like this?? I can post photos if you want..
  • Options
    Lol you guys can be really weird, but alright. 
  • Options
    And today is my off day to do coursework, my son's with my boyfriend and I'm actually falling really behind in my reading because of all this, but I'm going to allow myself to celebrate for another hour or so. :) Thank you, everyone, for raising all of your concerns. I hope my experience can be of help to others like me who simply do not have resources to consult in a situation like this. Good luck to everyone on the board! Hip-hip-Hooray, it's a Bay-Bay! :)
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

My size 0 cousin looks like that after a big meal.  But it isn't hard and it doesn't hurt.  Neither does a poppy seed sized baby.  None of this adds up at all.

This exactly
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"