Preemies
Options

Synagis, Fever and Tylenol :(

We got our second shot today. Last time, there were no side effects except for a bit of poopy diapers for a day. This time, DS is running a fever, 100.3. I gave him Tylenol and poor thing is sleeping. His doc said its normal but I want to know how long will this fever persist? What are your experiences/side effects? I hate seeing him so defenseless

Re: Synagis, Fever and Tylenol :(

• Options
    Poor guy :-(. DD hasn't had any side effects from synagis, but she has from vaccines and the fever has always gone away by the following day. I hope he's feeling better soon!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    We aren't doing synagis (not eligible) but every time he's had shots he's gotten a fever. It's only lasted a day each time and a dose or two of Tylenol was all he needed and slept it off.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmmm ... our LO gets a fever after he gets shots, for about 36 hours but he didn't show any side effects from synagis. If your LO is 6+ months you can use motrin. I'm mobile so I can't see any tickers. Motrin worked wonders for his 6 month shots. Keep in mind too, they don't call it a fever unless it's over 103 degrees in babies. Our LO got up to 102 after his 4 month shots and I was freaking out but the pedi said it was fine. Best wishes!!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
    Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. He continued to be hot through the night, but he slept and fed as usual. He was back to himself this Morning with no issues. Thank you ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"