September 2014 Moms
Options

Chicken Pox

2»

Re: Chicken Pox

• Options
    what are your religious/medical exemptions.. just curious. And yes SOME of our parents may have done that... but that was before there was a vaccine. And before there was a vaccine, children and others DIED from complications. 
      You just sign a form on the line where it says religious exemptions.  Some state even have philosophical exemptions where you sign your name on that line. Its not that hard or complicated.  I think for medical you just have a doctor sign it.  Children can die or have complications from vaccines as well.  As a parent its something that you have to weigh both sides and decide what is best for your family. 
  • Options
    what are your religious/medical exemptions.. just curious. And yes SOME of our parents may have done that... but that was before there was a vaccine. And before there was a vaccine, children and others DIED from complications. 
      You just sign a form on the line where it says religious exemptions.  Some state even have philosophical exemptions where you sign your name on that line. Its not that hard or complicated.  I think for medical you just have a doctor sign it.  Children can die or have complications from vaccines as well.  As a parent its something that you have to weigh both sides and decide what is best for your family. 
    I don't think she meant 'how' do you get a religious or medical exemption. She meant what religion are you that you are exempt? And what specific reason are you medically exempt? Are you saying you faked these things and just pretended your religion prohibited it?

Last I checked..."BUT I DON'T WANNNNAAAAA!!!!" doesn't qualify as either of those.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    carmstr4 said:
    I don't think she meant 'how' do you get a religious or medical exemption. She meant what religion are you that you are exempt? And what specific reason are you medically exempt? Are you saying you faked these things and just pretended your religion prohibited it?

Last I checked..."BUT I DON'T WANNNNAAAAA!!!!" doesn't qualify as either of those.
    yes this is exactly what I meant... but I guess you just answered it with the lie you did. It's a sham to those who actually have religious beliefs or medical reasons as to why they can't.... and yes SOME people have bad reactions to vaccines... but if you do.. then you're one of those medically exempt and spared from the disease by others who are able to get the vaccine. It's called herd immunity.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    carmstr4 said:

Oh.  I was just stating what exemptions people could use.  I used philosophical exemptions since that is what I believe. 
  • Options
    as long as you keep your kid away from others and isolated from before she shows symptoms until after. It's contagious about 2-3 days BEFORE symptoms show until the LAST pock is gone. and since the incubation period is up to 21 days (up to 21 days she could break out after being exposed) that could be a lot of isolation. But I'm sure you didn't follow that protocol and potentially exposed immuno compromised people to it. 

ETA- all this is doing is prolonging the life of the disease.. when a vaccine can completely IRRADICATE a disease. Do you think it's better to get exposed to polio and other diseases so that you can build up your natural immunities?
    I can't love this enough. <3

Seriously, though. I get ragey just thinking about people not vaccinating their kids. It's not only compromising the health of their children, but the health of everyone else as well. Vaccinating "the herd" helps to protect the whole herd. Vaccinations don't work as well if everyone isn't vaccinated. But, of course, because most everyone has been vaccinating their children, the kids who are not vaccinated often times don't get ill because other children are vaccinated (thus, the non-vaccinated kids aren't exposed to the diseases). Now that more and more dumb a**** are not vaccinating their children there will be more outbreaks of preventable, deadly diseases.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    trombgirl said:
    @fluffball80 It's hard to find these days because there is a vaccine for it now. The vaccine is helping to eradicate it... and that's a good thing. Why would you WANT to infect your daughter with a 'wild strain'?
     Her father and I believe natural immunity is better than the vaccine.  Its our choice as her parents to do what we feel is best for her.  If you feel that vaccines are the best for your family then that is your choice and I respect that.
    Hmmm... does her doctor feel the same way?

You and your husband should really educated yourselves more on this topic. This is extremely serious!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The risks of dying from getting the illness are far greater than the risk of dying from a vaccine.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    have a look at some pictures of chickenpox here: https://www.chicken-pox.info/pictures
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"