Secondary IF
Options

What do you think?

I saw a bag today that says "infertility makes me stronger if it doesn't ruin your marriage" I'm not in the closet about infertility and don't mind discussing with my friends and family but I thought this bag was a little much to carry around in public all the time. What do you all think?

Re: What do you think?

• Options
    Yeah, that isn't really for me but I am more private about it. Not that it is a secret, I just don't like to talk to anyone but DH about it. My friends all know what the situation is but they don't bring it up.
  • Options
    I'm not shy about talkin about it if people ask, but I don't look for ways to invite the questions, either. I probably wouldn't carry a bag like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So I had a thing open on my browser about rainbow babies and my gay cousin was like, "are these babies of us gays? I'm not there yet." And I realized- my family just wasn't ready for any of that knowledge. That being said I am totally making a onsie for next baby that says Science Baby!!! No one will get it.
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I would never carry the bag but I would be more likely to tell a stranger than my family. There are different reasons that I didn't tell my moms family versus my husbands family.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't think I could carry a bag like that.  Most of my family and DH's know that we have been struggling, but even they don't get it.  I also wouldn't want to have a ton of strangers asking questions I already get enough of the you only have one? when will you have more.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options
    The bag wouldn't be for me, and I'm very open about our SIF. But, if it helps someone cope somehow, more power to 'em!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Options
    Not my style. As others said, bumper stickers are not my style, either.

If you ask, I will tell you about my IF, it's nothing to hide nor be ashamed of, but I don't broadcast things in general. 
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    definitely would not carry that bag around. The first time around, I told no one except, my very best friend and dh. As the questions started about #2 I realized that I didn't feel the need to be quite so secretive about it anymore and slowly I started to talk about it. I don't broadcast, but I will share at appropiate times and it does feel a little better that atleast I'm not stressing about people finding out my secrets or quietly sucking up stupid comments that people make.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    I would not carry the bag, but that's just me. I am pretty open about our struggle, or, at least I have been since our loss. I wear a little charm on my necklace for the baby we lost, next to the charms for DD, if anyone asks I don't mind telling them our story.
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Options
    Seems like everyone agrees with me. I don't mind discussing it when asked but don't need to broadcast it either. I think some people can be too "shary" sometimes.
  • Options
    I'm pretty open about our IF journey. If it comes up or someone asks I have no problem sharing. However, that bag is a bit tasteless. There are much better slogans that could be used to support Infertility.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think that's great that most of you are open about your journey!  We are SO in the closet about ours, but that's due in part to the huge gap between when DS was born, and when we finally decided to TFAS.  Everyone knows we had a m/c, but assumes we feel we "dodged a bullet" as my mother once said to a co-worker (ouch!).  

No one realizes we haven't gotten pregnant again in 2 years because we keep having losses... they just assume it's because we don't want to.  It's gone on so long now, it will be hard to come out of the closet once we start treatments.

I give major props to someone being open about their journey, but think the bag is a little too much sharing.  

Infertility has also brought DH and I closer together, but perhaps this would be different for a couple that is yet to conceive one child?

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• Options
    Would not carry bag. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"