Health & Exercise
Options

Live Chat with Micky Marie Morrison Today at 1PM EST

2»

Re: Live Chat with Micky Marie Morrison Today at 1PM EST

• Options
    Do you have advice for a healthier second pregnancy? - @HotChocolate79

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

• Options
    elenam13 one good example of my favorites though is toe taps: lying on your back with legs up so shins are parallel to floor, press your low back flat and slowly lower one foot to tap toes on the floor as you exhale. Inhale to lift. Repeat up to 20 reps each side!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @HotChocolate79 For a healthier 2nd pregnancy, often the key is more attention to diet and exercise throughout the pregnancy. Stay focused on your health and that of you baby with regular exercise (5 -6 days per wk) and eating healthy. It's been medically proven to produce healthier pregnancy, healthier babies, and easier labor!
  • Options
    @futurecody The difference between regular yoga and prenatal yoga can be vast, or not... It just depends on the regular yoga class. The prenatal class should ONLY contain moves that are safe for prenatal moms. Regular yoga may include moves that you should not do while pregnant such as inversions, excessive twisting, balance activities that may risk a fall, or excessive asymmetrical movements that can increase risk of back pain.
  • Options
    @KristinCims asked: Trying to loose the baby weight but I have such a hard time controlling my eating when I go out to dinner or parties with friends! Do you have any good tips to stay on track in social situations? 

• Options
    @KristinCims yes, it's tough to eat healthy while out with friends. One key is to eat soemthing healthy before you go out so you aren't really hungry. Then try to order something light (soup, salad, tomataoe based pasta, etc). If it's a party not a dinner, don't hang out near the food table...serve yourself a small plate of the heathiest choices and try not to repeat until later in the party.
  • Options
    How can you make sure you get enough nutrition while dealing with loss of appetite and nausea early in pregnancy?

• Options
    The best way to stay healthy during and after pregnancy is to exercise daily... even if you can only set aside 15-25 minutes, you can get a good workout in during that short time frame. Little tips like taking the stairs (and repeat the stairs), wearing a pedometer, take the family out for a walk, do core exercises in the floor w/ your kids... they are all little things that can make a big difference
  • Options
    @babyweightbook Thank you so much for your joining our community and sharing all of your awesome tips!

Do you have any final advice on continuing 22 days of health and fitness into the rest of the year?

• Options
    @bumpjavkie, in extreme cases when you can't keep food down, you may need a supplement and an electrolye solutions for hydrations (like Ensure and pedialyte). but often eating frequently helps keep nausea at bay so try to eat as soon as you wake up. keep rice crackers by your bed to head off morning sickness at the pass.
  • Options
    @bumpjackie, also in extreme cases be sure to consult your doctor, there are meds approved for pregnancy that can help immensely
  • Options
    @bumpjackie, it's been my pleasure! Yes, as I stated above...
    The best way to stay healthy during and after pregnancy is to exercise daily... even if you can only set aside 15-25 minutes, you can get a good workout in during that short time frame. Little tips like taking the stairs (and repeat the stairs), wearing a pedometer, take the family out for a walk, do core exercises in the floor w/ your kids... they are all little things that can make a big difference
  • Options
    And for new moms, please do take advantage of opportunity to exercise with your baby! It's a wonderful experience for both of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"