August 2013 Moms

WTF?

2»

Re: WTF?

• alexkylee said:

WTF SIL. We went to visit them this weekend and we were enjoying a nice lunch at our favorite bar and grill. SIL asked if anyone wanted an appetizer I said "I'm good with my burger" then I jokingly added "LO is good with milk." She said "'Haven't you started her on solids?" Yeah...purees, but I don't think a burger and fries is appropriate for my toothless 6 month old. Later her four year old downed a cup of coffee so fast all I could do was stare. She said "Oh, we give him coffee all the time." Lastly, after I told her how many flu deaths I've seen at the hospital she adds "no one in our house got the flu shot." I kept quiet all day but it was hard.

Wow! I guess massive amounts of caffeine can double as immunity boosters.

• WTF Mom?! You are staying at my sister's place while she is in Australia so my niece doesn't have to stay with a friend. That's awesome except you don't turn your cell phone on and there is no home phone. I have no way of getting ahold of you whatsoever. What if you have an emergency? Or I have one and need you?

WTF Niece?! I'm pretty sure you just majorly took advantage of my mom (see situation above). Niece told my mom "My mom said I could get my ears (lobes + 1 cartilage) pierced. Can we do that today?" My mom says, "well, if your mom said it was ok, sure". So they go out and get it done. HMMMM... Her mom is out of town for 10 days, she is super eager to get all those piercings done at once, and my mom is super trusting...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Ok I'm WTFing the cat again. She started to pee on Jack's blanket/boppy so I jumped up really quick and slipped and fell. Now I'm waiting for DH to get home so we can go to urgent care for X-rays on my arm. Pretty sure it's broken. How am I supposed to take care of a 6 month old with a broken arm?!

Oh no! Use the cast to beat the cat ;)

• @MommyAmes2 I am right there with you on your WTF.... illness needs to GTFO of our houses!!!

• Rowcate said:
    WTF Medicaid. How can it possibly take 3 months to process an application and when you finally come thru as eligible, how can it possibly take another month for coverage to be effective? Isn't the point of you so that we don't have uninsured babies in this country? In addition, WTF town health clinic? You are supposed to be the failsafe for people who don't have Medicaid, so why did you get scheduled on a national holiday (MLK), get canceled bc the building was closed, and have yet to be rescheduled? Get your shit together, come up with a new date, and friggin' call me with it. There is a whole system in place set up to help people in my position, I have followed every step as quickly and correctly as I was supposed to, and I have received exactly no help. SERIOUSLY WTF. (Thank God LO is not actually sick, just overdue for vaccinations/well visit.)
    That's terrible. You may want to ask around but I am pretty sure medicaid will cover bills for previous months before coverage starts. I am not sure of the exact time frame, I think it was like 3-6 months.  This may have changed because of the new health care laws. If you can find a doctor who will give you the state shots and then bill you for the visit you should be able to submit the bill to medicaid once your coverage is effective. I am not 100% on this but it may be something to look into. I know my pedi has shots for those without insurance. Good luck.
    Medicaid will pay bills for 90 days prior to the start of coverage. DH is self-employed and my employer doesn't offer health insurance, so when LO was born he was put on Vermont's version of Medicaid for children (Dr. Dynasaur) and I had to call CONSTANTLY to try and get his card number and we didn't get it until he was 2.5 months old. His doctors (including a trip to the oral surgeon for a frenotomy) all waited it out and acted as though it was a common problem. Sorry you're going through this. Hopefully it resolves itself sooner than later. I also know, as annoying as it is, maybe calling and discussing the problems with someone may help? They also might be able to give you the card number over the phone so you can give that to the doctors versus waiting for mail and a card. Good luck! 
    Thanks for the advice ladies. Getting someone on the phone at Medicaid is notoriously impossible (I even have my case manager's direct line, but she never answers), but I think I will try my pedi and see what they will do. At least now, as of 2 days ago, I know LO is approved & eligible. As soon as I got that info, I called to pay the premium and enroll in an HMO and after I paid was told it would take 1-2 days to process pmt and I couldn't enroll until the payment processed. What. The. Actual. Fuck. Amid this I am also dealing with DH & I's shiny new Obamacare plan, with whom I spent 40 minutes on the phone today just trying to reset whatever password they assigned me that they never shared with me so I can get online and select a PCP so DH and I can be covered too. UGH. So tired of this. So done with insurance. So not easy to deal with this on top of PPD. (Oh, yeah, btw, I have had to take care of all this, while dealing with PPD, before I can get any treatment for my PPD). GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! /rant over
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

• shootthemoonshootthemoon member
    edited January 2014
    bump burp
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

• wtf is going on with my wrists? Fine one minute then hurting like hell to bend the next and then they're fine again. And the doc can't find out whats wrong cause they don't hurt during the visit. but the second I leave the building... seriously wtf?

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wtf daycare. Lo goes to you for one full week and now has rsv. I just want her to be better.

:( LO is still getting over it, he had 2 shots and a steroid shot and albuterol to help him breathe! It's scary and lasts forever!
    I hope your LO gets better quickly!
  • alexkylee said:

WTF SIL. We went to visit them this weekend and we were enjoying a nice lunch at our favorite bar and grill. SIL asked if anyone wanted an appetizer I said "I'm good with my burger" then I jokingly added "LO is good with milk." She said "'Haven't you started her on solids?" Yeah...purees, but I don't think a burger and fries is appropriate for my toothless 6 month old. Later her four year old downed a cup of coffee so fast all I could do was stare. She said "Oh, we give him coffee all the time." Lastly, after I told her how many flu deaths I've seen at the hospital she adds "no one in our house got the flu shot." I kept quiet all day but it was hard.

The amount of people that give children caffeine is rediculous. My ILS are British and I guess they start children off drinking tea at a young age. When I was at my ILS for Christmas, one morning I was in bed nursing LO and my 3 year old toddler went downstairs. H's nan was down there so I thought it was fine. I went downstairs about 30 minutes later and she told me she gave DS a cup of tea already. I asked what she meant and she said "I gave him a cup of tea. He drinks tea doesn't he?".. I could have hit her.. Seriously. My son already acts like he's drinken a whole pitcher, he doesn't need tea FFS. We limit his sugar intake in general. I was furious..
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • alexkylee said:

Coffee for a toddler? Are you kidding me? Man I feel bad when my kid gets a little diluted juice. Ha!
  • WTF MIL! You wonder why LO doesn't know you and you haven't bonded with her? It's because you hold her facing the T.V. for two hours while we're at dinner....AFTER I told you we don't let LO watch TV!!!

Of course she was "good" for you...she was hypnotized the entire time!
  • wtf house why do I not have a huge jetted tub in my bathroom.. I finally decided to take a hot bubble bath with candles and wine and my kindle ready to relax since the boys were In bed and DH went out for drinks... 5 min into relaxing bath DS walks in saying he's sick so I had to clear off the toilet from all of his toys I took out of the tub then he decided he wasn't sick after he asked 20 ?s about my bath then 15 min later LO wakes up screaming from a bad dream.. I just want some me time!!!!
  • Ok I'm WTFing the cat again. She started to pee on Jack's blanket/boppy so I jumped up really quick and slipped and fell. Now I'm waiting for DH to get home so we can go to urgent care for X-rays on my arm. Pretty sure it's broken. How am I supposed to take care of a 6 month old with a broken arm?!

Ouch, that sucks. hopefully if it is actually a break it's bit too bad and will heal quick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"