Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Gas Relieve

Hello, 

I have a three week old. She has horrible gas. At night she is up for hours in pain. I did start gas drops and they seem to help. I am thinking of switching formula too, to sensitive Similac, from regular. Anything else to do? 

Thanks for any advice. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Gas Relieve

• Options
    I would talk to your pedi about your concerns before changing formula.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options
    We used Enfamil Newborn at first at dd had horrible gas! So I switched her to Gerber Gentle and it helped her so much. I would definitely look at switching formulas and has drops are awesome too. I really don't think you need to talk to your pedi before switching but if it makes you feel better than go for it. I also think that Gerber smells so much better than Enfamil.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would def try the baby massage. I believe it's a backwards "C" that works best but you could google. Try the leg bicycles though, that works for some babies. Tummy time. Laying baby facing downwards over your forearm patting her back/bum while swaying. 

• Options
    I'm still dealing with this. The gas and constipation has eased with the help of gripe water and similac alemetum. I suggest buying a small ready to feed pack to see how baby does first. Gl to you xoxo
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • Options
    I've got a 6wk old, and the same problem! I was pumping and supplementing with enfamil premium newborn. At around 3.5 wks he was super gassy, more so at night, also found out he has reflux! :( so we got some meds and switched to enfamil gentlease. About 4 days had gone by and I thought he was even grassier! So we went to our check up and switched to similac alimentum! So far it's been a great change! Not nearly as gassy! :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've had good results with gripe water!
  • Options
    Gripe water does work well... Just be very careful not to give it too fast! I had a horrible coughing/ choking scare last night after giving it with the included syringe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"