2nd Trimester

When do you start to show?

Hi there. I will be 15 weeks pregnant on Thursday and I was just wondering when you normally start to show?
This is my first baby, and I am 5'3". I always had a slight lower belly pooch...and still do, but I am still in my regular jeans. I think it would be neat to see the beginnings of a bump. When did you all begin to show?

Re: When do you start to show?

• I had a ton of bloat during my first tri with this pregnancy (baby #2). So I looked pregnant at like 8 weeks... but I guess my bump became more baby around 14 weeks. Like I said though, this is my 2nd pregnancy, and there's only 7 months in between this pregnancy and my 1st.
  • I was just beginning to get a tiny bump at 16 weeks... Now, at 34 weeks I realize it was realllllly tiny (haha) but it was the beginning of the bump. A couple weeks prior, the bloating went away.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Everybody's different - even if you're small, it can take a while to show, especially with the first. I had to transition into maternity pants almost immediately both times, but other people couldn't really see anything until 5-6 months.
  • With my first baby I didn't really start to show till bet 6 and 6.5 months, and then i popped!
  • I had a small belly around 16 weeks that was hard to see. Around 19 weeks I definitely started to show more. I'm now 21 and over the past week I think I have grown overnight!! Everyone's different :)
  • I'm almost 17 weeks and I have a tiny bump (looks more like I ate too many cookies, rather than a baby) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel like I started to show they day after I conceived! I got a little belly right away since this was my third. It was obvious to strangers by 20 weeks. With my first I started showing at 25-30 and I'm also 5'3. I can't say with my second because I had low amnio fluid and delivered at 32. It's really going to depend but if this is your first you may have 5-7 more weeks until your obviously pregs to other people.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was really bloated from about week 12, but it was all bloat, not baby.

I didn't have an official "bump" until about 19 weeks.

Everyone is different. I thought because I was so bloated at first I would look really puffy everywhere when I started to show, but so far I just have a bump in the front and weight gain anywhere else ... here's hoping that continues!
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • 24 weeks with DS for me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • with DS I didn't start to show until 20 weeks and even then it wasn't very noticable.

With #2 I started showing at around 11 weeks :-/ At 17 weeks, I'm the same size as when I was 30 weeks with DS

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
    BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
    BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
    BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • With DS I got a bump around 18 weeks and really started showing around 20.  This time I've had a growing baby bump since I was around 12 weeks but that's just because my uterus is growing so much faster with the twins.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had my first stranger give up their seat on a train when i was about 19 weeks, but i was wearing a tight top. I didn't look obvious pregnant until about 21/22 weeks. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Thanks for the responses! I guess it just takes a little time. I have days when I am bloated and "look" pregnant...but then the bloating subsides and it's just my regular stomach again.

• I thought I showed around 15 weeks but I am now 19 weeks and my friends and coworkers said that I still don't look pregnant
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I thought I showed around 15 weeks but I am now 19 weeks and my friends and coworkers said that I still don't look pregnant
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I looked pregnant to people who knew at around 15 weeks. I started looking pregnant enough to elicit comments from strangers @ 21 weeks.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Im hoping for a bump soon too! i want to feel pregnant!!! Come on baby!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 14 weeks here and my bump is all bloat.  After lunch and dinner I LOOK pregnant until I explain to my husband or co-workers who ask that my stomach is just expecting from dinner.

• I started to notice it around 16 weeks, my family noticed by 18 - and I had my first stranger ask about it a few days ago (I'm 21 weeks today.)

This is my first pregnancy.
  • MizooMizoo member
    edited January 2014
    Whoops!  Double post.
  • I wore my usual size 6 pants until I was 20 weeks for #1. 
  • FTM and just starting to show at almost 19 weeks.
  • FTM as well and also had a bit of a head start in the middle...I started to show where I could notice a diff at 16 weeks then I woke up at 18w1d and had a real baby bump where ppl stopped me at work & said "omg! Your pregnant!" So technically I guess I started to show at 18 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• I had a small bump around 16 weeks, but didn't really pop until 19-20 weeks.
  • Around 19 weeks. I waited to tell work until after the A/S, and it was good timing because I was tired of trying to mask my belly.
  • Around 18 weeks where I had to start using a hair tie to somewhat hold my pants together and I have Bella band now I have to use on all most all my pants
  • I was in maternity pants and felt "thicker" at like 12 weeks, but no one else noticed until 18-19 weeks. Since then I've really popped, and now it's obvious. 

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• I'm 15w now and I have just started to look obviously pregnant to people that already know. My co-workers have said that if they didn't know they'd think I just had a big lunch. I hate this stage because I just feel fat lol. To me I feel like I have a bump because I used to have a totally flat stomach. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 16 weeks is when I first started to notice an actual bulge.

Married - 12/2011  TTC #1 - 8/2013 

BFP - 10/14/2013 EDD June 20, 2014

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Everyone says 20 weeksish, so maybe I am just weird, but I started to show at 16 weeks. Prior to that time, I just looked like I was getting fat in my belly and hips. But at 16 weeks it turned into a little belly bump and now at 17 weeks, its noticeably pregnant. I am relatively lean {5'7 and 125 pre-pregnancy) and was anticipating that I would be one of those ladies that would take forever to show and then it would only be obvious in the tum. A girl can dream, but alas despite only gaining about 5ish pounds so far, I am getting bigger everywhere and tum is definitely already noticeable as pregnancy rather than just fat as has rounded out. My midwife says its totally normal and everyone just shows at different times but on average, women first start to show between 16 and 20 weeks. I actually prefer that I am showing now rather than just looking like I have a fat bloated tum!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• BeesKnees181BeesKnees181 member
    edited January 2014

I am pregnant (FTM) with twins...and my colleagues told me it was official that I was showing at 19 weeks.  Every week since, I feel like I have grown significantly...noticeably. 

• I started showing last week however can still hide it with the right shirts
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • It actually depends on what I'm wearing.  I was just on vacation and unfortunately in a swimsuit with my bare belly out, it just looks like a little extra pudge.  But when it's covered with clothes, it's obvious that I'm pregnant, more so in this one particular dress.  
    image          image

• Last baby 20 weeks, but I never really had a great belly, I just got huge all around.

This one, I have a bit of a belly, and less weight gain all round...at around 21 weeks I really popped, but I am still small at 24 weeks compared to what I see see others.

I am also tall at 5'9"
  • I just have lower belly pooch, and when I sit down a roll is now starting under where my bra hits. I have only gained 5 pounds, and work out 5 days a week, but I just feel fat...not pregnant. Will this all smooth out once the bump arrives? Or will I have a bump and fat rolls? Lol....

• I'm 23 weeks and people who know me say I'm starting to show, but most people don't realize that I'm pregnant. I work out a lot which is why friends, family and clients can see I'm showing. When I asked for my glucose orders from the front desk staff at the obgyn the woman said "oh, you're pregnant?" So....

I think everyone is different
    <image>
  • tessmom2betessmom2be member
    edited January 2014
    FTM, I finally popped at 18 weeks.  Before then, I just felt fat and bloated and didn't really look pregnant, just as if I had eaten a big meal.  Now there's a definite belly bump.  I was wearing all my normal clothes/jeans before but now I'm using the Bella band and leggings on a daily basis.  It's getting harder already after having popped to bend down and put on my shoes or socks.  I am also petite - only 5 feet nothing and always had a lower belly pooch as well.
  • This is my first as well, I started not being able to fit into my normal jeans at around 12 weeks, but I definitely started showing for strangers to notice at 16 1/2-17 weeks.  I am also 4'9", carrying my 6'3" husbands child lol, so I don't know if that makes it any different =)  It is amazing how all of a sudden you just pop, so hopefully it will be soon for you!
  • Everyone says 20 weeksish, so maybe I am just weird, but I started to show at 16 weeks. Prior to that time, I just looked like I was getting fat in my belly and hips. But at 16 weeks it turned into a little belly bump and now at 17 weeks, its noticeably pregnant. I am relatively lean {5'7 and 125 pre-pregnancy) and was anticipating that I would be one of those ladies that would take forever to show and then it would only be obvious in the tum. A girl can dream, but alas despite only gaining about 5ish pounds so far, I am getting bigger everywhere and tum is definitely already noticeable as pregnancy rather than just fat as has rounded out. My midwife says its totally normal and everyone just shows at different times but on average, women first start to show between 16 and 20 weeks. I actually prefer that I am showing now rather than just looking like I have a fat bloated tum!
    I'm almost exactly the same! 5'7", 126 lbs pre-pregnancy, and I started "showing" around 15 weeks.  By 18-19 weeks it was obvious enough that people were commenting on it, and by 20 weeks even though I tried to hide it under a poofy shirt, a person I didn't know could tell I had a "little baby bump."   I also have a pretty short torso; my legs account for something like 55% of my total height.  So the baby doesn't have much place to go except out!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm plus sized and just look like I've packed on extra weight. Can't wait until I actually look pregnant since I feel so very very pregnant, lol!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"