January 2013 Moms
Options

Seizure

DD has had a fever since yesterday a.m. , and had a febrile seizure last night. Talk about disturbing. They had us bring her to ER but she was fine once they were able to get her temperature down. Apparently we were giving her too small a dose of Tylenol and she needed more at her weight to fight the fever. She is sleeping peacefully in my arms now :).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seizure

• Options
    Scary! I'm glad she's fine & they got her fever down.
  • Options
    @ReeceFamily,

Oh, momma, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I hope that she starts to feel better now. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds so scary! I'm glad she's fine and hope she gets better quickly!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    That is scary! Can I ask how high her temp was? This is another thing that I'm super paranoid about. So glad she's okay!

• Options
    So glad she is fine!!
  • Options

Oh my goodness!  Praying she gets better soon!

• Options
    @ReeceFamily oh my goodness! How
    scary that must of been for you. T&Ps for you and her that she stays well. I was just reading about how Tylenol dosing can be tricky and I plan on asking my pedi about this at her 1 year appointment.

Glad she's ok!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is really scary. I'm glad she's resting peacefully now. This was my fear when my DD had the Roseola Virus this fall. Which was basically just 3 days of really high fevers. I had to stay on top of the medicine to keep her fever down, and the nurses made sure to emphasize this a lot to me. We alternated Tylenol and Motrin. Her fever got as high as 104.3.
    image ?/25 my chart image
  • Options
    How scary.  I hope she feels better soon.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    82Sonia said:
    That is scary! Can I ask how high her temp was? This is another thing that I'm super paranoid about. So glad she's okay!
    Not all that high, like 103 on average, but ranging from 102 to 103.5.  The doctors said it is more about how sensitive the baby is to high temperatures, and there is possibly a genetic component.  My sister used to get febrile seizures, too, so maybe it is genetic.
  • Options
    82Sonia said:
    My DS in on meds for seizures and is also prone to febrile seizures, but we've always been told that it's not how high the fever is, but how fast the fever goes up. So, for example, a baby's fever goes quickly from 101 to 102, it's possible to have a febrile seizure, even if they don't have seizures with a higher temperature. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

So scary!  Our pedi told us the dose for DD increased 50% from 9 months to 12 months -- and she's only 19lbs.  Now it's 3.75mL instead of 2.5mL for Tylenol (1/2 that for ibuprofen). 

Yes, we wre still doing 2.5 and they calculated 4ml (at 18 lb). Tylenol seemed totally ineffective, even at 4ml dose last night. We finally got the fever down with ibuprofen and she fell asleep at 4 am. I.am.so.tired.
  • Options
    That would be so scary, I'm glad she is getting some sleep. DS had a virus of unknown origins last spring where his fever got up to 104 and I was so scared of seizures. But we too double checked on the dosage with our doctor and alternated Tylenol and Motrin every three hours. 

Lately with really bad teething I've been a little unsure what dosage to give him because he is between 23 and 24 pounds and that is the cut off on doses. But it's just teething so I haven't been too concerned and have been going with the lower dosage.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    jobiann said:
    That would be so scary, I'm glad she is getting some sleep. DS had a virus of unknown origins last spring where his fever got up to 104 and I was so scared of seizures. But we too double checked on the dosage with our doctor and alternated Tylenol and Motrin every three hours. 

Lately with really bad teething I've been a little unsure what dosage to give him because he is between 23 and 24 pounds and that is the cut off on doses. But it's just teething so I haven't been too concerned and have been going with the lower dosage.
    Tylenol makes me nervous - there was a case where the doctor didn't clarify doses for "infant's" versus "children's" Tylenol which resulted in the death of the child.  I always do slightly under the dosage to play it safe! 
  • Options
    How scary! I'm glad she's okay now

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ash2015 said:
    82Sonia said:
    My DS in on meds for seizures and is also prone to febrile seizures, but we've always been told that it's not how high the fever is, but how fast the fever goes up. So, for example, a baby's fever goes quickly from 101 to 102, it's possible to have a febrile seizure, even if they don't have seizures with a higher temperature. 
    This exactly, it has nothing to do with how high the fever is.  I work in a Peds ER, and a high fever is actually very low on the priority scale when assessing patients (unless they are under 8 weeks). Parents have a very hard time accepting this though, which is understandable. No one likes to see their LO sick.

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"