2nd Trimester
Options

infant care classes? lactation classes?

what are your thoughts? taking them, not taking them? if you're taking them, is DH going to the class with you?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: infant care classes? lactation classes?

• Options
    I would like to take a child prep class. I'm at the start of my 3rd tri, and haven't signed up for any classes yet. And I feel that time is running out fast! Truth be told...I prob won't be taking any classes. I'm done with work in early Jan, so maybe then.
  • Options
    And if I do take a class....DH will be def heading there with me!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're taking any/every class we can.  This is all new to both of us.
  • Options
    Our hospital offers them for free, so we are taking infant care, breastfeeding, and childbirth.  DH is going to all of them.  I figured the more information we have, the better.
  • Options
    we'll definitely be taking some classes later on-- probably a childbirth preparation class and a "caring for your newborn" class.  we're new to ALL of this, so every little bit of information is helpful for us.  a friend of mine takes the "la leche" breastfeeding classes (she just had a baby in september) and told me i should tag along to a few of them with her, so i may do that as well.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageturbosgirl:
    what are your thoughts? taking them, not taking them? if you're taking them, is DH going to the class with you?

We did not take childbirth classes with DS. SIL took them and said she didn't feel it was really worth it. I did, however, take the breastfeeding class and HIGHLY recommend it. I read books but didn't feel confident at all. I took the class and I loved every min of it! I actually plan to take it again as a refresher course. I don't think I would have lasted nursing 11 months if I hadn't attended it and built a relationship with my lc

TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • Options
    I thinks they're a great idea, especially for first timers. My husband will be attedning an 8 week class with me since he's apart of the team too.
  • Options

Our hospital offers a lot of classes, we are taking a Birthing Class and a class called Happiest Baby on the Block.  Happiest Baby goes over tricks/tips to use to calm your baby if the LO is fussing and they send you home with the DVD set of the class (they are also on Amazon)...since DH and I have no clue what we are doing, we thought that would be a good idea (neither one of us have been around babies for any real length of time).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am taking childbirth prep with DH, but the infant care class and breastfeeding class by myself.  They said that partners are welcome but DH is already changing his schedule to attend the birth prep, I don't want to ask him to do this extra thing unless he has it off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"