August 2014 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Wow… just wow!!! Just be happy that not all of my July '14 mamas have got ahold of you… yet! We have a whole post about this drama you have started.

You go @Salsera29! I knew I loved you!

I will be praying for you and your "love" child, because this is just pitiful. I'm kind of glad that they are more excited for SIL. Normally, no, I wouldn't be for the bias. But your kind of attitude does not need to be applauded or fueled any more so than what it is.
    I REALLY REALLY hope you don't require a CS or any other critical medical intervention. You would be totally screwed with that way of thinking. I guarantee you it requires a lot more love and devotion to spend so much time and money on trying and failing to make a baby. Have you even thought about what they must have gone through trying to create this baby? If they have had even the first loss, then I applaud them for getting back on the horse and paying so much money to try again knowing that they could fail.

Please, seriously think about what you are saying and what others are trying to get across to you. Your views and opinions are disgusting to say the least.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• tealowl said:
    We all are able to have are on values and beliefs mine happen to be more traditional. I'm not the only person that doesn't agree with artificial pregnancy methods. I may be only 18 but I'm handling this a lot more maturely than many of you who are calling me names and throwing insults. Who needs to grow up now?

"Traditional" does not exist.

Somewhere, somebody made up that families are made when a husband and wife get married, have boring missonary sex, have 2 children and a white picket fence and a golden retriever.

That has never been a norm, nor will it ever be.

Families are made in hundreds of wonderful different ways.

ok... so my dog is half golden, and we're missing a white picket fence.... oh shit, am I boring.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • meggyskimeggyski member
    edited January 2014
    @coleyj88 good for you!  I've been skiing 3 times since the BFP, heading up again on Sunday. I know it's not officially recommended, but I've been skiing since I was 2, raced for 14+ years, and know my limits.  I find it really helps with nausea and it's just a good way for me to get exercise. FWIW, I did make the mistake of getting a bit too dehydrated/ overheated my first day, and felt really lousy.  I took a break in the lodge, drank a bunch of water, ate a snack and felt much better after that.  Have fun (and watch out for all of the crazy out of control skiers/ riders, especially on cat tracks!).

first pregnancy
    due August 20, 2014
    (my blog about bikes, growing things, home remodeling 
    and other random life stuff)

• meggyski said:
    ladyabagail is hurt about having to share her spotlight with her SIL.  That's fine, but don't blame it on IVF- your miracle is not any better than hers.  Some unsolicited advice- get over your anger about spotlight sharing and embrace the fact that you'll be pregnant together and will have children the same age.  My baby will be the youngest (by far) of all the kids in our extended family, which will be fine, but I will say- I'd be so happy if my baby was going to have a cousin the same age.  

2) PETA.  I got my hands on some PETA propaganda in the 5th grade and it impacted me so much that I became a young vegetarian activist (and definitely drove my parents crazy). While I credit them for shocking me into a bit of awareness at the time, they totally and completely suck now.  Did you all read about how they were caught with hundreds of dead cats and dogs they were not able to adopt?  Disgusting. 

3) Crispin reminds me of this childhood book I adored, Crispin's Crispian.  Crispin's Crispian was a dog who belonged to himself. Loved the book, but probably wouldn't name my kid that because of my association with an adorable big shaggy dog. 

::lurking the drama on this thread::

@meggyski I just had to say I love you on all three points!

*back to reading*
  • kty62212kty62212 member
    edited January 2014
    sept 14 board caught wind. run girl. just go run and hide. you don't mess with women whose hormones are at an all time high. i wish you luck.
  • I'm sorry but I just have to believe that @ladyabagail is a joke. She has no other posts except this thread, no avatar, and no siggy. If you've created her for drama's sake, perhaps make that you're FFFC!

image    image
  • cruelsound said
    Word.
    I'm sorry but I just have to believe that @ladyabagail is a joke. She has no other posts except this thread, no avatar, and no siggy. If you've created her for drama's sake, perhaps make that you're FFFC!

Not true, she introed and has had a few other posts.
    I stand corrected! it was too horrible to be believed

image    image
  • @ladyabagail your telling me if you and dh tried 20+years and still couldn't get pregnant you would just think it wasn't your time yet? No you would go to the doctors crying and beg them to help you. You stupid stupid whore your poor unborn child. I would hate to have an you as a mother. I hope your sister in law knows how much of a bitch you at and never let's you see your niece and nephew. And I hope your inlaws find out how you feel and disown you. How embarrassing. You are a worthless pos. people who get ivf care so much they go through every measure they can to have a baby. Some struggle emotionally as well as take their life savings in order to create that baby. That is love. Love for each other and love for that baby. You honey r just a bitch.

BFP 1/4/2014 EDD September 14 2014

• I just can't get excited about artificial or ivf pregnancies. My sil did ivf and announced her pregnancy right after we announced. Now the whole family is acting like this is such a blessed miracle. Nope, not a miracle just an act of science. We created our baby thru love and noone seems to care now that sil has her science baby on the way.
    You CAN. NOT. BE. SERIOUS.  You sound like an immature, uneducated bitch to me.  Go find another board with people with your "values" and leave us and science projects alone.  
  • I had everything all figured out at 18 too... I can't imagine minimizing the heartache, pain, and struggle that many women have gone through to have a child. A little dose of empathy would've gone a long way around here.
  • I think online dating us BULLSHIT. Go out and struggle to get to know someone the hard way instead of reading a Bio and having people do the hard work for you. I am aware that this is an ever growing trend and I just think it's silly.

Marriage is hard work and dedication. Starting a marriage reading a bio online is not hard and doesn't require any dedication.

• I think online dating us BULLSHIT. Go out and struggle to get to know someone the hard way instead of reading a Bio and having people do the hard work for you. I am aware that this is an ever growing trend and I just think it's silly.

Marriage is hard work and dedication. Starting a marriage reading a bio online is not hard and doesn't require any dedication.

What? This doesn't come close to making logical sense. 

ETA: I don't think logical sense is an actual term, but I'm leaving it. 

Makes sense to me...but then again we are supposed to confess here. Not all agree.

If that's what you choose to do, good for you. I just think there was something very beautiful about the way people used to meet and get to know each other before they sat behind a computer screen.

Okay no idea if this is a joke or not, but after being seriously down over the ivf talk since I am currently pregnant with two science babies, this made me smile, so thank you :)
  • I didn't realize people get married once they find someone online. If that was true I wouldn't have dated my husband for 7.5 years before we got married. I would have just read his college basketball bio.

I'm pretty sure all the "hard work" starts once they meet and decide to date. Just like everyone else.
    Man, I know.  My husband and I wasted a lot of time too!  If only I knew this protocol before hand...  Duh.  Hahahaha... Some people!  SMH!
  • BlytheMac said:

I think online dating us BULLSHIT. Go out and struggle to get to know someone the hard way instead of reading a Bio and having people do the hard work for you. I am aware that this is an ever growing trend and I just think it's silly.

Wrong and wrong.  Online dating is very much like in-person dating except you get their bio online versus from a friend of from their mouth directly.  

I'm assuming, of course, that you had no help while dating...no one ever set you up or introduced you to anyone...because well, that would not be hard work either.  

Sorry, I just didn't want to find my husband by lurking the local bars and taverns...I am very in much with the man I met online FOUR years ago!  

I didn't find my husband in a bar and I didn't find him from someone setting me up.

I understand the not wanting to find my husband in a bar mentality, have heard it before...then don't look for your husband at a bar. There are plenty other places to find someone.

I met my husband pre-online dating days so I have not dog in this fight BUT-
    I watch my friends who are dating and trying to find that person and online dating has made it FREAKING HARD to meet someone the old school way!  She is such a social person but now that people have the ability to read those bios and skip some of the awkward questions face to face.... people like that ability to hide behind the computer screen until they have to get uncomfortable.

So as much as I would say that face to face meeting would be maybe a more ideal way to meet people, now that online dating is around it is extremely hard to do that because the convenience people find in it is there.

I COMPLETELY agree with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"