August 2013 Moms

talk to me about rice cereal

2»

Re: talk to me about rice cereal

• Haven't started yet, going to probably skip cereal. I am curious though...for those that will be pureeing your own veggies, are you using organic?

• I am not sure if we will skip rice cereal or oatmeal. I will talk to his pediatrician on Monday and go from there. To me it is just a filler and I rather give him something more nutritious. However, if it is only a little bit to get him used to food, I don't see the harm in giving him the rice cereal (or oatmeal). Honestly though, I rather just wait until he is ready for purees. 
    *E - 08/29/2013*

• Loading the player...
  • AACaHa13 said:

Haven't started yet, going to probably skip cereal. I am curious though...for those that will be pureeing your own veggies, are you using organic?

Yes. Once I started feeding my big one, I started paying much closer attention to what we ate. We cut out artificial colors and flavors, HFCS, trans fats, and dairy is all rBGH free. We eat organic as much as possible.

I don't prohibit anything, so if we're at a party or something and there's cake w artificially colored icing, whatever. I control as much as I can at home so that we can enjoy moderation when needed.

I know that's way more info than you asked for.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"