2nd Trimester

Delete

2»

Re: Delete

• That's fine I have nothing to hide. I just didn't want to continue to be harassed. I was aware she quoted me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Then maybe have the shower when the baby is around 8 weeks old.  I have had three c/s and you should be fine at that point.  Even if you aren't, then they would understand if you sat for the majority of the time.  

If you do have PPD or baby blues, then getting out of the house would be a nice change.

Remember, people have showers once the baby is born all the time.  His aunt is being very nice and generous to do this for you and is trying to welcome you into their family.  Not one of my ILs offered to do a baby shower for me.  However, she wants her sisters to be in attendance.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  

I agree with this. It's not ideal but doable. And you can always have a shower with your side before just make sure this isn't a surprise to the Aunt. With my first I ended up having a c-section and subsequent complications and couldn't return to work/full mobility till almost 3 months. But, by that time (if thats the case for you) you'll be ready to get out probably and like others said, you'll have everything the baby NEEDS most likely already to get you by till then.
  • I have not gone through this entire thread, but I can tell you that between recovering from bedrest, severe preeclampsia and a c-section plus having a premature, iugr baby with multiple health issues, it would have been quite some time before I would have been up for a shower after birth. You just never know if that might be you. Personally, I would just decline the shower.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • In order to avoid any drama, I am throwing my own shower. If you decide to throw one for yourself, go for it! Truly, your aunt can suck it. This is about you and celebrating the arrival of your baby. Throw your own shower of you and your husband are comfortable with it
  • In order to avoid any drama, I am throwing my own shower. If you decide to throw one for yourself, go for it! Truly, your aunt can suck it. This is about you and celebrating the arrival of your baby. Throw your own shower of you and your husband are comfortable with it
    LOLOLOLOL.  And the thread goes on.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut

Please tell me this was supposed to be written in sarcasm font...
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13

Showers are NOT to celebrate the baby. They ARE to welcome you to motherhood. You shouldn't be throwing your own welcome party - someone needs to throw it for you. If nobody offers to, you simply don't get one. You WILL survive without one.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

Gross.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

You're throwing your own shower and whoever doesn't like it can suck it? Mad klassy, yo.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tassie06Tassie06 member
    edited January 2014
    This thread is boring. The drama & cattiness on TB 4 years ago was far more entertaining.
  • Tassie06 said:
    This thread is boring. The drama & cattiness on TB 4 years ago was far more entertaining.

I keep hearing everyone was nicer then. That's no fun.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Meery82 said:
    Tassie06 said:

I keep hearing everyone was nicer then. That's no fun.

No no, every few posts someone was berating someone else about something small or utterly ridiculous. As long as it wasn't you caught up in it, it made for good entertainment. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"