VBAC
Options

Questions to ask the new doctor

So a little back story I had a single child 13 years ago natural then twins 20 months later one natural one c/s.  The doctor that I am currently with is not able to preform a VBAC in his area, so now I am working on getting a new doctor in a different town another hours drive from me (which in total would be a 3 hour drive for delivery).  What questions should I ask the new doctor?
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Questions to ask the new doctor

• Options
    I would ask about their VBAC success rate, how many VBACs they does a year, what restrictions do you face as a VBAC mom, how far they will let you go (e.g. 41 weeks, 42?). Things like that. Don't hesitate to ask a lot of questions. Oh and definitely ask what they think of your individual chance of having a VBAC. You want someone who believes you have a good chance.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    richielrichiel member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks,  I will have to make sure I write them down so I don't forget.  One of my big concerns is the distance I have to drive to get to the hospital.  I would prefer not to go into labor and have the baby on the highway somewhere in the middle of no where.  3 hours is quite a drive. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"