December 2013 Moms

Baby's ears pierced :(

2»

Re: Baby's ears pierced :(

• I am so sorry. I think I would faint, and then all the PPs reactions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would have tackled her.
  • Loading the player...
  • My stomach is turning just thinking of the poor baby getting her ears pierced by your MIL at only 2 weeks old. I would seriously throw punches, and that's not like me. You are a nice woman for not yelling or hitting her. What the hell is she thinking? Not acceptable. You have got to set boundaries now. She would never watch my child again if it were mine. Wow!!!!!
  • Holy crap WTF?! Beating a dead horse here, but yeah I would kill a bitch on site!
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • What the fuuuuu... I would seriously freak out and never leave her alone with my MlL again. I cannot even believe this is real.

• Agree with PP's. this is messed the eff up. I would flat out hit her but that's just me, I personally wouldn't pierce a babies ears at all. But doing it at home and with a 2 week old baby??? That's horrifying. I do congradulate you for not killing her.

• Op, I hope you can remove these earrings, that baby is ok and can heal ok. As for mil I'd ban her for a long time. And no babysitting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As PP's have said-- WTF?!?! It's something my family does culturally as well, but I've already warned my mom that she can have her ears pierced when she's old enough to ask me for them and take care of them.

Who in their right mind pierces their Granddaughter's in their spare time?!?! I'm just shocked.
  • I have no words except that you're a better person than I am if she's still breathing.
  • I would go insane if anyone touched my infant's ears!  I try my best to be calm with my MIL when she says/does stupid stuff but this is something I wouldn't be willing to hold back on.  I would scream my head off.

• I am trying to picture my MIL doing this. There is no way she would ever think of doing this, but if she did, I would have no problem wiping the floor with her face. I would be so pissed, I cannot even imagine what my reaction would be outside of smacking her multiple times across the face, 

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • I hope you weren't expecting to have her be a regular babysitter, because it seems her judgment is really lacking AND she doesn't respect your role as the parents. This reminds me of another post where the new mom walked in on her MIL having the baby suckle her dry breast. Yuck.
  • L0L0 said:

I hope you weren't expecting to have her be a regular babysitter, because it seems her judgment is really lacking AND she doesn't respect your role as the parents. This reminds me of another post where the new mom walked in on her MIL having the baby suckle her dry breast. Yuck.

Oh.disgusting.
  • L0L0 said:

I hope you weren't expecting to have her be a regular babysitter, because it seems her judgment is really lacking AND she doesn't respect your role as the parents. This reminds me of another post where the new mom walked in on her MIL having the baby suckle her dry breast. Yuck.

Oh. My. Goodness. That is some messed up shit right there.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • I can't imagine. I'm so sorry this happened to you. This makes me sick to my stomach. I hope you're not in jail and that your LO is ok.
  • L0L0 said:

WHAT??? That's the sickest thing I've ever heard! I can't even comprehend this. Nasty. So nasty.

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • I would be furious! You need to let her know it was wrong and that you won't be leaving your daughter with her unattended! I honestly don't thinkno could trust her ever again! I certainly wouldn't be leaving my child with her any more!
  • lp0lp0 member
    edited December 2013
    L0L0 said:

What?! That's some Hand that Rocks the Cradle shit. I'd love to read that post.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Crashing from J14! I would be extremely upset. For starters, After ensuring no infections, etc DH would be making a personal visit without baby and I to his mother at which time he's be responsible for all but killing her - serious verbal reprimand. He'd be hand delivering a letter that would say she is never to have another unsupervised visit until trust was earned back and boundaries have been established. We would not be inviting her over for at least a month, and I would expect profuse apologies and for that kook to put her tail between her legs and kiss my ass for the next 18 years of my kid's life!!!
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • pghmortdollpghmortdoll member
    edited December 2013
    I would probably press charges after taking my child to the Pedi and having the earrings removed.  She would NEVER see me or my kid again.  No exceptions, no excuses, NOT forgiving that kind of crazy shit.

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• She pierced your two week old's ears. Call the police.

If your husband defends her, get a lawyer because this is undefendable.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• L0L0 said:

W.T.F.

I would seriously commit murder over that one. Psycho MIL of the year award right there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would press charges for assault. That's bullshit!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Op we need updates!
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • If OP is any kind of a caring parent there will be assault charges. 

And LOL at the person who would hand a letter and not speak to MIL for a month and let MIL 'earn back trust for unsupervised visits'. Seriously?

Bump that mess, you hurt my kid once, game over. 
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Supergirl2013Supergirl2013 member
    edited December 2013
    I would have beaten the shit out of her and would not allow her to be apart of my child's life at all. I know it doesn't change the fact that she had the balls to do such a thing but please go to her doctor and have them removed and the baby checked out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"