January 2014 Moms
Options

CP: Is your bag packed??

slmille4slmille4 member
edited December 2013 in January 2014 Moms
I'm bad I'm 37 weeks and got nothing. That's today's plan but watch me go into labor!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CP: Is your bag packed?? 410 votes

Nope, but I really should
40% 165 votes
Nope, but I'm a late January girl
27% 113 votes
Yup, all set to go!
9% 40 votes
Yup, but need to just tweak it
22% 93 votes

Re: CP: Is your bag packed??

• Options
    Nope.  37 weeks tomorrow.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    I'm a late January girl but considering I am likely to give birth early this time I should really work on it. I just need to get through Christmas. So much to do!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I'm a late January girl too but delivered DD1 at 36 weeks so I should probably get working on that..lol

• Options
    Nope and I want to get some of it packed today. I don't know why I keep putting it off!

imageimage

• Options
    I'm 35 weeks today, but something tells me I'll go early (he's measuring big and tall). I should be prepared for that lol
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • Options
    My hubby demands that we pack ours today. He's so cute.
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Options
    I really am a special snowflake on this one -- since there's no SS option, I didn't vote. I have stuff set aside, but really it's in case I get admitted to the hospital again (for the third time). Because my husband is really not good at finding stuff for me. But it would also partially work if I went into labor, I just would need to add a few baby and nursing things.
  • Options
    Started it last night, still have some things to add.
  • Options
    @elsutto2 our husbands must have gotten together because mine said to me about an hour ago - I don't care what we do today but the bag will be packed before I leave for work this afternoon!! Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My bag is packed :). Bp issues and modified bed rest makes you get prepared!!!!
  • Options
    Not yet, but I am this week [I'm 35 weeks].
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Ljessen13 said:
    My bag is packed :). Bp issues and modified bed rest makes you get prepared!!!!
    @Ljessen13 -- not necessarily, lol. I am only prepared for another hospital admission, which includes things like my crocheting projects. I'm not prepared for labor.
  • Options
    Hahahaha @peanutmuse!!!!! Your case is definitely way more extreme than mine! You actually should have an assigned room with your name on the door. Preferably like their VIP suite!!!!! I hope you are feeling well!!!
  • Options
    I'm 35 weeks and some days, and i keep thinking about getting a bag started but i just haven't done it. Maybe after Christmas. We also need to get the car seat base installed soon.
    Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
    DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)
  • Options
    I finally designated a suitcase for the hospital just last week. It's sort of packed but I still have things to add. And I just washed baby's diaper bag (from DD#1) so now I can pack for baby today!
  • Options
    DH insisted I get mine packed and in the car last week. I think he's more anxious than I am.
    photo 750f3c1a-2ade-403a-a0f5-dc1db83a8c08_zps3b41b396.jpgphoto 823a6982-64ae-4aeb-8830-c03461e6d517_zps5e065d1f.jpgphoto 53bf98f1-e49e-4c67-acd7-61db3c981d79_zps7cd2176b.jpg
  • Options
    Not yet. Due to pre-e my doctor wants to induce me Dec. 31st, two weeks before my actual Jan 13th due date.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have to wash a few things and pick up a couple toiletries, but once that's done I'll be packed. Rather have it done now than rush around trying to get it done while in labor.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    I packed mine when I went into labor the last two times. I might try to get it done before then this time, but probably not :)

• Options
    shortstuff15shortstuff15 member
    edited December 2013
    Haven't even really thought about it, but I'm a late January girl.  Right now I'm getting through Christmas, my husbands week of call (which is over Christmas), and then New Years.  I'm 36 weeks on new years day, so I'll probably start thinking about packing it sometime between there and my youngest's birthday on the 11th.

ETA: I used the wrong there and I just can't let that go unchanged

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    Not yet. I'm 37 weeks today, but I have never packed my bag until I'm in labor.

• Options
    I am ready this time- ds surprised us at 35 weeks, and I didn't have time to come home and get a bag before going to hospital. So my bag and baby bags are packed. Although, dh, ds and the dogs are not! This week I'll put together a bag for ds and the dog!
  • Options
    Nearly 37 weeks for baby #1 and not quite packed, but I plan to do it today.. I did set out a few things for her and picked up some of the suggested items to have at home upon return (stool softener, pads as thick as quilts lol, etc). Good luck everyone :)
  • Options
    Nope, RCS not until the 2nd.  Will pack NYE.  Wild and crazy over here. 
  • Options
    I have had one packed for a very long time since I am a ticking time bomb. I did basically just have comfy clothes/panties and decided if I went and was admitted I could have someone being me toiletries and stuff. This past week I added toiletries and a few other items. So mine is all set. I still need to pack stuff for baby But will wait a week or so. If I have baby within a week or so he or she won't go home right away so I have time to get stuff.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    I'm 37 weeks 1 day, 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced (as of Thursday). DH put the bag in the car 4 days ago and spends his time staring at me, waiting for my abdomen to explode a la Alien style. I should make him put a dollar in a jar every time he asks if I'm okay. It's very sweet but making me even more impatient.
  • Options
    I have started packing. I made a list, got a bag, and I've put a bunch of stuff into it, but it still needs more than tweaking. The thing I'm having the hardest time with, is how to pack any type of clothing. I already only have a limited amount that fits me, I can't afford to have a pair of yoga pants just sitting in there wasting away lol

• Options
    Hospital bag? I'm supposed to pack one? In all seriousness, it's on my to do list and I really hope it will be mostly packed this week.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've started, but I'm not done. I'll be 35 weeks this week though, so I should probably finish that up sometime soon!

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since July 2010
    July 2011: Referred to RE, started Letrozole
    August 2011: BFP #1! M/C @ 5wks
    September 2011 - September 2012: test, after test, after test... S/A, HCG, B/W... Diagnosis: unexplained infertility. Letrozole, Metformin... nothing.
    September 2012: Diagnosed gluten intolerance; now living strict GF diet.
    November 2012: BFP #2! MM/C @ 6wks (discovered at 8wks). 2 rounds of Misoprostal - nothing. D&C December 2012.
    May 2013: BFP #3! Hoping this one sticks! 4x prometrium/day EDD: 01/25/14
    06/03/13: 1st u/s We have a heartbeat! Team green!
    01/24/14: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    08/05/14: Surprise BFP #4! (Unmedicated, no pp period, EDD unknown)
    08/15/14: 1 u/s We have a heartbeat! Measured 6wks 2 days. EDD 04/08/15. Team green!
    04/08/15: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    03/29/16: BFP #5! (Unmedicated, 1 cycle TTC) EDD: 11/09/16

• Options
    Nope.  37 weeks tomorrow.
    This. Shockingly, DH's stuff is ready and sitting next to the bag, so I'm the only one slacking.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    I'm due Jan 26 and am not getting any early vibes. I'm going to start in the New Year. Like @KaitiMac, I need to pick up nursing bras/tanks to pack and want to wait closer to 37 weeks for those... I'll probably pack everything else before then though. Or at least make a list! Haha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't. I feel like anything I pack I'll end up needing so I haven't started. It doesn't help that I only have like 3 pairs of paints that aren't pj's (that still fit right now) so all I'd really be able to pack are some undies and tshirts.
    imageimage
  • Options
    MindyBadger1MindyBadger1 member
    edited December 2013
    I have a scheduled c/s in 8 days and have LO's stuff packed but nothing packed for me. My OB has been telling me to have a bag packed since like 28w since I'm a complete previa and was expected to bleed.... obviously I've been in denial and in a "think positive only" mode..... that has luckily worked. :)

ETA- hoping to have my bag packed today... no later than Tuesday

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• Options
    I packed mine at 28 weeks. I've made a few changes but the core hasn't changed. I keep in my car just in case they admit me after an NST. I do have to be sure to toss my brush, charger, etc in it.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    I've designated a bag that's sitting on my closet floor. Plus I have a shopping list of things I need to pack in it. The good thing is that I live less than 5 min away from the hospital so if anything I can have my SO throw stuff in there. But you know how guys are, I'll probably get 30 phone calls asking where things are. SMH!
  • Options
    I just started this today. Only because people started asking if I had it ready so I figured since I am 35/35 tomorrow it may be a good time to do it. I will probably be piecing together some stuff over the next few weeks though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    km_md said:

I have started packing. I made a list, got a bag, and I've put a bunch of stuff into it, but it still needs more than tweaking. The thing I'm having the hardest time with, is how to pack any type of clothing. I already only have a limited amount that fits me, I can't afford to have a pair of yoga pants just sitting in there wasting away lol

This was my main reason for not having my bag completely packed yet last week.. I didn't want to put any yoga pants in the bag because that is all I like to wear these days. I finally decided to leave one pair in there and plan to rotate as I do laundry but just make sure there is at least one pair of yoga pants in there at all times just incase! That seems to make me feel better and now my bag is packed and ready so I'm feeling pretty good :)
  • Options
    Mines been packed for weeks! Reorganized it after coming home from hospital and its waiting by the door.
  • Options
    Mine is packed and everything is in the crib so it's all in one place. One tote for me, diaper bag for LO along with camera bag, tripod, Boppy and the list of things I have to grab last minute.

imageimage

• Options
    No, but I keep saying this is the weekend I'm going to get it done. You'd think I would since I delivered my 1st DD at 36 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"