May 2014 Moms
Options

How do you feel about Random Announcements as first posts?

Re: How do you feel about Random Announcements as first posts?

• Options
    Storrmys said:
    Just fair warning that I will hopefully have a huge AW after Christmas... My Honey has asked my best friend to go out on a shopping "date" there is only one thing she knows about and that would be what rings I like !! I have a feeling there will be an engagement in my near future and a wedding soon after ... :)
    That is exciting! I'd watch for that AW thread. And it better include pictures of the bling ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Earlier I posted , I didn't care, but now you are talking about food. That is something I care about. Damit you Rocknroll64, I want velveta shells now And to shake things up a bit I will admit.... I HATE CAKE! I hate it so much I refused to have it at my wedding.
    PIE is the way to go .... Mmmmmmm pie.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so behind on here today because I decided to use naptime to organize thousands of pics on our laptop so I can work on sending them to the printer.

The only thing I have to add is @HatchetFace I thought we were internet soulmates until you said velveeta. I'm a kraft mac n cheese kind of gal.

Oh and someone posted a pic of a cake with strawberries and I so totes want chocolate covered strawberries. ..told dh he can bring me home some anyday and I would love him forever.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Jillzy86 I was doing so well not letting the cake and cheese talk get to me. Now I am seriously considering putting real clothe's on to go to the store for pie. I want pie.
  • Options
    candrew05 said:

@Jillzy86 I was doing so well not letting the cake and cheese talk get to me. Now I am seriously considering putting real clothe's on to go to the store for pie. I want pie.

The BEST pie is a Tippins french silk pie....droooool....I could eat the whole damn thing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

awisern said:

I'm so behind on here today because I decided to use naptime to organize thousands of pics on our laptop so I can work on sending them to the printer.

The only thing I have to add is @HatchetFace I thought we were internet soulmates until you said velveeta. I'm a kraft mac n cheese kind of gal.

Oh and someone posted a pic of a cake with strawberries and I so totes want chocolate covered strawberries. ..told dh he can bring me home some anyday and I would love him forever.

I'm an equal opportunity mac n cheese enthusiast. 

We buy it by the case at costco. A few months ago I got a couple boxes of velveeta (I used to love that kind growing up) ....not as good as kraft. My kid and I can eat the shiz out of a box of mac n cheese.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TBH I don't notice if it's someone's first post or not. If I see a random post I'm not gonna click on their name and be like "Omg, you've never posted before!" I've seen some of that lately and it bothers me more than the random post does. Kinda stalkerish if you ask me.
    As far as intros go, I read them in the beginning, but not so much lately. No offense to any newbies, I just started to get bored with them. The only posts I open anymore are ones that sound intriguing or ones that sound like something I'm going through.

• Options
    pandadair said:

@hatchetface   Have you ever made homemade macaroni and cheese with velveeta? It will change your life. 

Instructions. I demand them.

Boil your choice of pasta and drain. In a small sauce pan melt velveeta cheese and add a splash of milk. Combine.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    mz628 said:

I don't care. I've been on here since I was 5-6 weeks pregnant but I'm not the intro myself type. It feels corny. I post when I have something to add, but that's not all the time since I'm a ftm, am on mobile so don't do siggy stuff, and I don't really have a lot to rant about. I'm not sure if that makes me random or not. I'm sticking around though :)

Agreed. I'm mobile most of the time. I did an intro, I post responses when I have something of value to add (not just to rack up participation points) and otherwise I read to learn as a FTM. A community takes all kinds- both the teachers and the learners. This round I'm mostly a learner.

And to the person who said I am on a "high horse," well I guess that means we're at eye level with each other now.

Some people are introverts, some are extroverts. Just like in real life, face-to-face relationships. I won't deny someone a congratulations or well wishes just because they don't have a high enough participation score.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    typeset said:

I really don't care. This is a forum, not a country club. I don't post on a regular basis, nor do I log in on a regular basis. I work full time and have other commitments. If that makes my posts and presence on here unworthy to some people, then oh well. I'm not interested in being a forum vigilante nor am I interested in joining the right forum clique in order to have my posts and comments acknowledged.

You mad? It seems like you're mad. 

She's not mad. She just cares enough to tell us that she doesn't care.

Wasn't that the original question? In fact, it was an option on the poll. Just trying to participate!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I feel like intro posts are kinda pointless this far into our pregnancy.  I don't always read them. Also, I feel like I'm a regular poster, love what everyone has to say, and look forward to all the opinions, funny moments, etc. of the day.  I mean, I can't drink, I can't smoke...this is what I've got!  Also, Mac&Cheese is my favorite, and it is considered a vegetable in the South!  Oh, and my team/aw announcement got totally overshadowed by some crazy bitch who spanks a 6-month old! Keep up the snark, M14!
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• Options
    So uhhh... I really hate cake. Really, really do not like it. But somehow after reading this thread I end up making an entire hideous looking cake. I am the only one awake. I haven't eaten anything all day due to the flu. I am now eating this huge piece of freakin cake. Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Honey just got home from work worn out .... And he won't go back out and get me cake !!! Now I'm sick preggers and pouting !!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    photo 60020120725ELE036.jpgphoto IMG_18642013130584_zps06545ab5.jpg
  • Options
    @hatchetface   Have you ever made homemade macaroni and cheese with velveeta? It will change your life. 

Boil your choice of pasta and drain. In a small sauce pan melt velveeta cheese and add a splash of milk. Combine.
    *shame* Does it tell you how type A I am that I want to make sure I'm following the exact directions to accomplish what you just described? I need ratios!

• Options
    So uhhh... I really hate cake. Really, really do not like it. But somehow after reading this thread I end up making an entire hideous looking cake. I am the only one awake. I haven't eaten anything all day due to the flu. I am now eating this huge piece of freakin cake. Thanks ladies!
    That is so ugly and so delicious looking at the same time. I'm glad we've brought you over to the dark side of (temporary) Team Cake.

• Options
    pandadair said:

pandadair said:

*shame* Does it tell you how type A I am that I want to make sure I'm following the exact directions to accomplish what you just described? I need ratios!

This is the recipe I use:
    https://m.kraftrecipes.com/recipedetail.do?recipeid=50467&cn=US

Sorry, mobile don't know how to properly link.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    PS I always add Cajun seasoning to my Mac and cheese. Seriously--it's bomb.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This is the recipe I use: https://m.kraftrecipes.com/recipedetail.do?recipeid=50467&cn=US Sorry, mobile don't know how to properly link.
    Let's be best friends.

• Options
    Wow, I didn't realize this board was so clicky. I did introduce myself a long time ago but I wouldn't expect anyone to remember nor do I remember anyone else's. I post on topics occasionally but I'm not a frequent poster. I just come on and if a topic interests me I join in the conversation. To be honest I don't think I will anymore knowing that people get annoyed with other posters who are not frequently in the conversation.
  • Options
    pandadair said:

That is so ugly and so delicious looking at the same time. I'm glad we've brought you over to the dark side of (temporary) Team Cake.

I guess it doesn't have to be pretty when I am sitting on the couch, in the dark, in an ancient old Tshirt that may or may not smell like it's been on me for three days, alone... My ugly cake is the least of my worries -.-

While I love the warm welcome, I would not mind if this was just a VERY temporary visit to "Team Cake".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I guess it doesn't have to be pretty when I am sitting on the couch, in the dark, in an ancient old Tshirt that may or may not smell like it's been on me for three days, alone... My ugly cake is the least of my worries -.- While I love the warm welcome, I would not mind if this was just a VERY temporary visit to "Team Cake".
    Definitely didn't mean it as an insult. That cake looks amazing. You can totally wear clothes for three days without them smelling. That's what I tell my husband when he asks if I've been wearing the same thing all week whilst working at home.

• Options

Wow, I didn't realize this board was so clicky. I did introduce myself a long time ago but I wouldn't expect anyone to remember nor do I remember anyone else's. I post on topics occasionally but I'm not a frequent poster. I just come on and if a topic interests me I join in the conversation. To be honest I don't think I will anymore knowing that people get annoyed with other posters who are not frequently in the conversation.

Not trying to be offensive here, but this could be referred to as "classic butthurt"

Fwiw, I recognize you. But whatever dude. Gotta live your life, know what I mean?

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

pandadair said:

pandadair said:

This is the recipe I use:
    https://m.kraftrecipes.com/recipedetail.do?recipeid=50467&cn=US

Sorry, mobile don't know how to properly link.

Sorry I was raised country, we don't measure. Sometimes our mac n cheese is more cheesy than others and that's ok. DH is a freak and doesn't like velveeta though so I'm stuck making the blue box shit.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Am I the only one that can't hear Rihanna's cake song because then I start drooling?

And yes, I get the concept of euphemisms.
    And bad song-writing. ;)

<3<3 Team BababaBLUE!!! <3<3

Siggy Challenge (NOW, yes, because I be slow...)

• Options
    @pandadair -

Haaaa, I know you weren't being insulting. That was my attempt at humor/sarcasm, which sucks in person let alone messaging. FAIL.

Not insulted at all!

• Options
    @pandadair - Haaaa, I know you weren't being insulting. That was my attempt at humor/sarcasm, which sucks in person let alone messaging. FAIL. Not insulted at all!
    Just making sure! I'd hate to chase someone away from Team Cake by calling their creation ugly. I get dense at this time of night.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddIWV2ybtPY All this cake talk got this song stuck in my head. Oh and THIS is the best mac & cheese to have ever graced my miserable life. i am a better person for having eaten it: https://www.yumsugar.com/Jalapeño-Macaroni-Cheese-32031860

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    I never posted an intro because I thought it was weird, even in the beginning.

I do think it's odd there are so many being posted now. On one old thread I made a joke about how I plan on posting my intro after the baby pops out. I may or may not still do this for shits and giggles.

The threads that really annoy me are the ones titled: "Am I the only one?"

I am looking forward to finding out how many people are having boys/girls/waiting once everyone's done with their A/S. More for the statistically information than anything else.

Also, I'll play team cake but team Velveeta? Gross. I'll take the blue box over that any day.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly don't know why everyone freaks out about the sex of their baby. I'm excited to be having a girl but don't really expect everyone else to freak out. There are only two options. Tell me your baby is a pterodactyl and then I'll be excited.
  • Options
    I'm giving up reading each comment on page 5, so I appologize if I offend anyone by repeating something that has been said. Personally I'm not a huge fan of intro posts, I hate typing them. I do, however, like to see them and learn individually who each person is just because I always remember them. I've been on here since my first pregnancy, and I always thought it was strange when someone new came in at like 5 months without saying hi. Just because these boards do form a community, which is why I really like the bump. I had a strange circumstance for coming back in to the may board later into this pregnancy, and I posted an intro just so I wasn't jumping into conversations with people giving me the stink eye wondering who in the hell I was and why I was lurking. Lol I guess it's all perception.
  • Options
    I think if the board is so close like thebump .. and they prefer intros and you're lurking (so you obviously know they prefer an intro) then I think it's a nice polite thing to do. I don't see a point In people who post an immediate bfp and then dip. What exactly did you join for then? And this is referring to the ttgp board. Be a use I lurk a lot there. Now iif someone joins and is pregnant and immediately posts in the month club or trimester board it doesn't bother me.

It's a BOY

• Options
    I might catch some flack for this since you can see I don't post often but I'm on here every day reading! ....or lurking lol honestly though, I'm just a quiet shy person.

But anyway:
    I hate all gender/sex announcements regardless of whether it's a first time post or not. I wish there were just a button you could push where it could show up on your profile or badge because there are a few regulars on here that I enjoy and feel oddly connected with whom I would like to know about, but it's so annoying to have to try and skip through the 50 new announcements every day. I get so mad when someone's title leads me to believe it's a post about something else and then BAM! Look at my baby's junk.

I'll concede and admit I might just be a jealous hater. I'm not due til may 31st and won't find out the sex until mid January. It sucks being one of the last to know. And I won't know for Christmas :(
  • Options

Again, you totally missed the point.

imageimageimage

• Options

Jillzy86 said:
    BAM! PIE CAKE
    Oh em gee! Alternatively, here is this pie cake! Aka the "Cherpumple." The Cherpumple is borderline gross-looking actually, but I would still eat it. Hahahaimage

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    FTR, I happened to be eating Mac and cheese while reading this yesterday. Now I want it again. For the third day in a row. Yup, it's happening.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"